DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Oct 23, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #991 of 1,444
Hugely impressed with the 320MAX. I'm fairly new to portable audio but the gap between my desktop system and the 320MAX with Radon 6 is really not that great at all.

Not so much better or worse just different (and most of that difference is due to the different sound signature of the RN6). Actually, the 320MAX reminds my a lot of my CFA3 amplifier - powerful with a huge soundstage and detailed but refined treble. It does good things with my LCD5's too. Will try my Susvaras as well at some point.

Portable audio seems a lot more exciting at the moment than desktop which is probably a bad thing for my wallet.

Thanks to all on this thread - your impressions made me take the plunge.
In my opinion, nothing in the portable market can touch the DX320MAX and for home equipment, it betters much that is out there and all in a nice small compact package.

Oct 23, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #992 of 1,444
Hugely impressed with the 320MAX. I'm fairly new to portable audio but the gap between my desktop system and the 320MAX with Radon 6 is really not that great at all.

Not so much better or worse just different (and most of that difference is due to the different sound signature of the RN6). Actually, the 320MAX reminds my a lot of my CFA3 amplifier - powerful with a huge soundstage and detailed but refined treble. It does good things with my LCD5's too. Will try my Susvaras as well at some point.

Portable audio seems a lot more exciting at the moment than desktop which is probably a bad thing for my wallet.

Thanks to all on this thread - your impressions made me take the plunge.
Yes please let us know about the Susvara comparison! I heard it with my 320 at CanJam and I was surprised it sounded fine but I haven’t heard it on a desktop to compare

Oct 23, 2023 at 8:42 AM Post #993 of 1,444
In my opinion, nothing in the portable market can touch the DX320MAX and for home equipment, it betters much that is out there and all in a nice small compact package.
Agreed, we both have been through many stuff and this speaks a lot. There are a lot of other rip offs and hyped up stuff in the market, but the 320Max isn’t one of them

320Max is a product coming from pure enthusiasm from Ibasso team. You can see all the unique build, architecture and design from it. I mean, just speaking for the fact of running 4X ROHM in ultimate mode that generate little to Zero Heat, is a marvelous feast of modern audiophile engineering

Oct 24, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #994 of 1,444
Ok - so I’ve just tried my Susvaras with the 320 MAX. Plenty loud enough on max gain and about 70% on the volume control. But that’s not all - it actually sounds good too. My biggest issue with the Susvaras is that they can lack a bit of body/impact (which is why I ended up buying my CFA3 amp from Dukei). But the 320Max is a good match - the bass in particular is good with a surprising amount of punch and detail. Soundstage is good. Separation is very very good. Treble maybe a bit bright for my tastes. Drums sound good but cymbals can be a bit splashy (I have a love hate relationship with treble..). With well recorded acoustic small scale music it’s excellent. For louder more complex/not as well recorded music it can be a bit bright for me (but YMMV). Need to do more listening. Wasn’t the reason for purchasing this DAP but it’s a great bonus at the very least!

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:08 AM Post #995 of 1,444
Ok - so I’ve just tried my Susvaras with the 320 MAX. Plenty loud enough on max gain and about 70% on the volume control. But that’s not all - it actually sounds good too. My biggest issue with the Susvaras is that they can lack a bit of body/impact (which is why I ended up buying my CFA3 amp from Dukei). But the 320Max is a good match - the bass in particular is good with a surprising amount of punch and detail. Soundstage is good. Separation is very very good. Treble maybe a bit bright for my tastes. Drums sound good but cymbals can be a bit splashy (I have a love hate relationship with treble..). With well recorded acoustic small scale music it’s excellent. For louder more complex/not as well recorded music it can be a bit bright for me (but YMMV). Need to do more listening. Wasn’t the reason for purchasing this DAP but it’s a great bonus at the very least!
That’s great! Which of your headphones do you like best out of the 320? LCD5, Utopia or the Susvara?

Oct 24, 2023 at 3:42 AM Post #996 of 1,444
That’s great! Which of your headphones do you like best out of the 320? LCD5, Utopia or the Susvara?
LCD5 for me. Whilst they are a mid-forward headphone the darker treble works better with the 320MAX for my taste. And that’s without any EQ (I use Mitch’s Accurate Sound LCD5 convolution filter on my main system).

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:46 AM Post #997 of 1,444
LCD5 for me. Whilst they are a mid-forward headphone the darker treble works better with the 320MAX for my taste. And that’s without any EQ (I use Mitch’s Accurate Sound LCD5 convolution filter on my main system).
Interesting! And which one has more dynamics and deeper bass? My D8000 is fantastic on the 320 but still looking around haha

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 5:39 PM Post #998 of 1,444
Interesting! And which one has more dynamics and deeper bass? My D8000 is fantastic on the 320 but still looking around haha
For me, LCD5 is more dynamic and punchy (especially mid bass). Susvara has better sub bass but over all a softer more airy presentation.

Oct 25, 2023 at 9:41 AM Post #999 of 1,444
my vishnu case i custom ordered for 320max in cordovan leather just arrived.

bottom line: not good !

looks like a well done college project but that’s all. attention to detail at the price point is missing. this is the first and last vishnu i will ever have.

lesson for me (for the n.th time): don’t buy if you don’t see

valentinum already dispacthed

Oct 29, 2023 at 11:28 PM Post #1,003 of 1,444
Hi everyone can help me , i have question ,Hiby Music don’t support on 320 max ti ?
Every songs sampling rate down to 16bit ?

Attachments

• IMG_2661.jpeg
    IMG_2661.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 5, 2023 at 2:01 PM Post #1,004 of 1,444
New Firmware:

V2.02.68

http://www.ibasso.com/.../download/DX320MAX-fw-ota-v2.02.zip

Improvements with this firmware:
1. Improved the accuracy of the analog battery indicator.
2. Rectified the bug that there was a possibility that the Mango Player APP crashed when media scanning.
3. Rectified the bug that Mango Player APP crashed if the embedded artwork resolution was too high.
4. Rectified the bug that there was the possibility that the locked screen notification bar was displayed twice on the screen.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back