DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
May 2, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #181 of 1,444
I am with you vince being infuriated that some cables with a couple of solder joints costing $5k+ and some are complaining this is so expensive. I've read an article where the dhc cable owner said silver is the best conductor of audio signal in the world. Adding in gold/paladium and etc only creates resistance and thus alters FR and sound. If a iem/hps requires altering its frequency to begin with then it's tuning or drivers are not the best to begin with.
I would agree. I started making cables and experimented a lot in the 90s. I finally worked with some dead soft silver and found a good source. I like using 22 gauge and multiple wires one in loose teflon tubing. I used to sell them but finally left it behind but of course still make my own cables. Silver, copper, gold for conduction (resistance). Has to be dead soft.

May 2, 2023 at 1:58 PM Post #182 of 1,444
Ok quick 30mins listen cos it’s almost 2am.. going back to work at 7…

Damn. Straight out of the ES-R10, I’m BLOWN away with my reference tracks. I haven’t even A/B and I already know at least for headphones, the Walkman is dead in the water.

The sheer amount of detail and soundstage envelopment typical of the Max series slams in hard.

I’ll find time to have a proper listen but damn, I really didn’t want to like it.. I like my golden brick.. 😓

Quick nitpick: there is a HUGE volume step up from Gain 3 to 4, unlike the previous 2 steps which are quite subtle. Also, the volume pot isn’t stepless anymore, so expect distortions between steps if you tend to turn the knobs slowly like me..

There’s only 2 filters.. fast and slow roll off.. hmm.. not much to play around with. I have ultimate mode turned on as always with the Maxes.

Ok need to sleep.

May 2, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #183 of 1,444
Ok quick 30mins listen cos it’s almost 2am.. going back to work at 7…

Damn. Straight out of the ES-R10, I’m BLOWN away with my reference tracks. I haven’t even A/B and I already know at least for headphones, the Walkman is dead in the water.

The sheer amount of detail and soundstage envelopment typical of the Max series slams in hard.

I’ll find time to have a proper listen but damn, I really didn’t want to like it.. I like my golden brick.. 😓

Quick nitpick: there is a HUGE volume step up from Gain 3 to 4, unlike the previous 2 steps which are quite subtle. Also, the volume pot isn’t stepless anymore, so expect distortions between steps if you tend to turn the knobs slowly like me..

There’s only 2 filters.. fast and slow roll off.. hmm.. not much to play around with. I have ultimate mode turned on as always with the Maxes.

Ok need to sleep.
The reasons why I have to let go of the gold M2, and aiming for the Max. There is no choices as far as having dynamic phones and portable systems

Thank you for the impressions

May 2, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #184 of 1,444
Wow I didn’t expect it, but here it is. Enjoy the unboxing first 😅

If you asked me whether this Max is worth looking toward to ? The answer is definitely

My summed up impression is that, this is “perfections”. At least to my experiences, opinions, from all the years I have had up until this date. This is what I have been trying to get, to achieve and dreaming off just from “stock products” without any tinkering or modifications. I expected it, and I don’t regret it, it actually exceeded my expectations. I often say and know well enough that, perfections don’t exist in this universe. However, up until this point in time and over all those years, this is it!!!

I can not thanks Ibasso team enough. One of the major improvements from sound signature vs 300MaxTi is the better imagings and holography of stages, more effortless bass and even more detailed trebles. Plus, that well balanced signature of ROHM which combined both ESS/AKM into one

You will not regret it, if you have been loving Ibasso signature so far. This is even better than Sony DMP Z1, probably a result of me biasing toward ROHM and not AKM, and also an amazing combination of stepped attenuation, amazingly tuned amplification and analog performances that is musical and still very Neutral. Also, this Max is the first one in Max series to bypass Digital attenuation as I do not see such option in the setting as the previous.

I prefer Gain notch of II-III for my 800s. The II position gives better staging but less dynamic while the III maxes out dynamic but a slight compromises in staging in comparison.

Burn in will change it somewhat, and this impressions may change as well. But this right here, out of the box, is too good !!

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 7:16 PM Post #185 of 1,444
Wow I didn’t expect it, but here it is. Enjoy the unboxing first 😅

If you asked me whether this Max is worth looking toward to ? The answer is definitely

My summed up impression is that, this is “perfections”. At least to my experiences, opinions, from all the years I have had up until this date. This is what I have been trying to get, to achieve and dreaming off just from “stock products” without any tinkering or modifications. I expected it, and I don’t regret it, it actually exceeded my expectations. I often say and know well enough that, perfections don’t exist in this universe. However, up until this point in time and over all those years, this is it!!!

I can not thanks Ibasso team enough. One of the major improvements from sound signature vs 300MaxTi is the better imagings and holography of stages, more effortless bass and even more detailed trebles. Plus, that well balanced signature of ROHM which combined both ESS/AKM into one

You will not regret it, if you have been loving Ibasso signature so far. This is even better than Sony DMP Z1, probably a result of me biasing toward ROHM and not AKM, and also an amazing combination of stepped attenuation, amazingly tuned amplification and analog performances that is musical and still very Neutral. Also, this Max is the first one in Max series to bypass Digital attenuation as I do not see such option in the setting as the previous.

I prefer Gain notch of II-III for my 800s. The II position gives better staging but less dynamic while the III maxes out dynamic but a slight compromises in staging in comparison.

Burn in will change it somewhat, and this impressions may change as well. But this right here, out of the box, is too good !!

Agree totally on how good it sounds out of the box. Can’t wait to try it with my 800S tonight.

And that case! Not sliding out by itself unlike the 3Max as far as I can tell!
IMG_1541.jpeg

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #186 of 1,444
Agree totally on how good it sounds out of the box. Can’t wait to try it with my 800S tonight.

And that case! Not sliding out by itself unlike the 3Max as far as I can tell!
The case fits so tightly, I have a hard time trying to take out the player 😆, feel luxurious and very solid. The metal tab on the case appears to be Titanium too, but I could be wrong as it could be steel, either way it fits the Max nicely and gives a nice appearances to the player overall

Last edited:
May 2, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #187 of 1,444
The case fits so tightly, I have a hard time trying to take out the player 😆, feel luxurious and very solid. The metal tab on the case appears to be Titanium too, but I could be wrong as it could be steel, either way it fits the Max nicely and gives a nice appearances to the player overall
True. They really improved the grip of the lining this time round. Btw, what’s ur number? Mine’s 070. Wonder when we will start seeing anything remotely close to 800 🤣

May 2, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #189 of 1,444
May 2, 2023 at 9:04 PM Post #190 of 1,444
May 2, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #192 of 1,444
Not only there is no digital volumes, but there is also no digital gains anymore !!! Finally !!! The purest performances from top tier DAC chips carried all the way through to analog gains and analog attenuations !!!!

No way... I thought that iBasso forgot to include digital volume adjustment in Audio settings. So, I just installed a few different volume control widgets and... none of them control the digital volume. Which means, you are right, there is no digital volume adjustment, only analog, assuming digital volume is kept at the max 100 setting.

May 3, 2023 at 2:36 AM Post #194 of 1,444
One thing that would be helpfull is a comparison between all maxes ,i had the 220 and 300 and i am curios about the evolution of it, comparing it with the sony gold m2 is like comparing oranges with apples, has 90% of the battery powered devices hard to drive headphones dont work, but i never and i say never heard the IER-Z1R like with gold m2 ,never

May 3, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #195 of 1,444
One thing that would be helpfull is a comparison between all maxes ,i had the 220 and 300 and i am curios about the evolution of it, comparing it with the sony gold m2 is like comparing oranges with apples, has 90% of the battery powered devices hard to drive headphones dont work, but i never and i say never heard the IER-Z1R like with gold m2 ,never
There is something organic with the way the walkman plays music. But... I'm seriously contemplating letting go of them now. Shall spend the weekend deciding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back