DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Apr 28, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #168 of 1,447
Thank you for the updates guys!!!

Oh my Gawk !! Just look at the amplification section, will you ?

True film capacitors!!! And even more, look at that !!
8D5822D6-DCE7-42E8-B883-898D290C22BC.jpeg
Just from the image itself, what kind of improvement are you expecting from the previous generation? I'm on the fence about whether to get dx320 ti or the teac-ud701.

Apr 28, 2023 at 8:37 PM Post #169 of 1,447
@Paul - iBasso any chance we can get some more pics of the case? I'm interested in how the bottom will be considering you have to account for 4 ports.
They posted images of the MAX in its case on their Facebook page.

Apr 29, 2023 at 5:00 AM Post #170 of 1,447
Just from the image itself, what kind of improvement are you expecting from the previous generation? I'm on the fence about whether to get dx320 ti or the teac-ud701.
I can’t say for sure, but from all of my accumulated knowledges, the combinations of both tantalum capacitors+polypropylene is the best possible combination for sound performances in both aspects from Measurements to the sound textures and fidelity.

I am very very excited to see that Ibasso is thriving to achieve better sound not by only using off the shelves parts but also from relentless researches and development. You can clearly see the evolutions of the Max series and their products. Even the much more portable 320 and edition X is sporting customized polypropylene capacitors.

Also, from my own expenses and conducted experiments, for portable systems. The best possible amplifications for performances would be solid state Class D, Class AB, then class A. It depends on the perspective points of what you want to achieve. Ultimately, we all want class A in a portable, but it is very hard to achieve a great result due to the generated heat and the wasted energy due to it nature of being in efficient, while drawing juices from battery packs. It isn’t really practical. However, Ibasso found a way to implement Super Class A, which has the typical characteristics of Class A performances and the efficient of class AB, with discrete amplification and now further tuning by high quality audio grade parts.

Under such little time from the last released 300Max into the 320Max. It isn’t just about the production cycle, but about the researches and development behind it. In my own opinions, I would like to ask Ibasso team a question “do you guys even sleep ?”

Finally, I can tell you that I have found the first product in this very hobby that I cherish so much just by looking at it, and totally has no desire to improve, tinkering with, or modifying it. That is the 320Max-Ti. Why ? Because from what I have known and done so far, this player has everything optimized as possible in it compacted form and price range. While many people would be thinking, oh!!! So expensive. Please allow me to ask you to take another look again. Those filled up and populated board with capacitors alone is Maddening, mad skills !!! Let alone the art of tuning behind it.

Yes, while people struggles with some simple joints on building cables that is being sold for “Thousands”!!! Ibasso is pulling a complex level of soldering all these capacitors in their flagship level , with everything audio quality related, including stepped attenuator, independent battery and Quad ROHM (first of any product on the market). It is kinda funny that Ibasso is proving it by action in a mean of saying “So, you think you can build cables and rip off ? Can you pull this off ?”

Once again, Ibasso leaves me speechless in the way they worked, developed, priced on their product, and as always, worth every penny!!! I don’t know about you , and I am sure some of you will constantly be on the move for other products just out of curiosity and upgraditis alone. I have reached my fatiguing points where I no longer want to move around anymore as I have learned and heard enough. The 320Max Ti has everything I could possibly dreamed off from a portable player !! It is safe to say that this is “end game level” for craftsmanship, desirability! Yet, there are possibilities to go further with tuning and parts which I am sure Ibasso will continue to develop in the future, but only when you have the funds, and the wills to keep on moving around in this hobby. Otherwise, as I said, you can end your game of forever searching and desire a better technical build from any portables right here and right now for many years to come

1/ Best kind of parts being used, stepped attenuators, discrete amplifications, powerful output of almost 280mW@300 ohms load. Line out for both Balanced and SE configuration! Check!!!

2/ Removable back panel to access and replace battery by yourself, Check!!

There are good reasons why I keep circling back to Ibasso, just for their craftsmanship, pricing points and the thrives for better sound quality !!!

May 2, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #171 of 1,447
Mine's arrived at the house but i'm working VERY late tonight and won't be able to go home early! damn

IMG_3175.jpg

May 2, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #173 of 1,447
Looking forward to hear your impression soon!

May 2, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #174 of 1,447
Looking forward to hear your impression soon!
With or without burn in hahaha.. my Sony’s extremely well burnt in..

Can’t wait to try the ES-R10 and 800S on it though.

May 2, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #176 of 1,447
Beautiful player !!!
Even with that off focus pic? Lol.. wife snapped and sent me “WHAT IS THIS??? DIDN'T YOU JUST SELL IT?” And I had to explain its 320 not 300 now 🤣

On hindsight I should have said buyer remorse after half a year and sent it back to me haha

May 2, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #177 of 1,447
Even with that off focus pic? Lol.. wife snapped and sent me “WHAT IS THIS??? DIDN'T YOU JUST SELL IT?” And I had to explain its 320 not 300 now 🤣

On hindsight I should have said buyer remorse after half a year and sent it back to me haha
I would just say “I didn’t buy anything new, this player just got returned to me”. So I just reserved an excuse for the next purchase 😅

May 2, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #178 of 1,447
I can’t say for sure, but from all of my accumulated knowledges, the combinations of both tantalum capacitors+polypropylene is the best possible combination for sound performances in both aspects from Measurements to the sound textures and fidelity.

I am very very excited to see that Ibasso is thriving to achieve better sound not by only using off the shelves parts but also from relentless researches and development. You can clearly see the evolutions of the Max series and their products. Even the much more portable 320 and edition X is sporting customized polypropylene capacitors.

Also, from my own expenses and conducted experiments, for portable systems. The best possible amplifications for performances would be solid state Class D, Class AB, then class A. It depends on the perspective points of what you want to achieve. Ultimately, we all want class A in a portable, but it is very hard to achieve a great result due to the generated heat and the wasted energy due to it nature of being in efficient, while drawing juices from battery packs. It isn’t really practical. However, Ibasso found a way to implement Super Class A, which has the typical characteristics of Class A performances and the efficient of class AB, with discrete amplification and now further tuning by high quality audio grade parts.

Under such little time from the last released 300Max into the 320Max. It isn’t just about the production cycle, but about the researches and development behind it. In my own opinions, I would like to ask Ibasso team a question “do you guys even sleep ?”

Finally, I can tell you that I have found the first product in this very hobby that I cherish so much just by looking at it, and totally has no desire to improve, tinkering with, or modifying it. That is the 320Max-Ti. Why ? Because from what I have known and done so far, this player has everything optimized as possible in it compacted form and price range. While many people would be thinking, oh!!! So expensive. Please allow me to ask you to take another look again. Those filled up and populated board with capacitors alone is Maddening, mad skills !!! Let alone the art of tuning behind it.

Yes, while people struggles with some simple joints on building cables that is being sold for “Thousands”!!! Ibasso is pulling a complex level of soldering all these capacitors in their flagship level , with everything audio quality related, including stepped attenuator, independent battery and Quad ROHM (first of any product on the market). It is kinda funny that Ibasso is proving it by action in a mean of saying “So, you think you can build cables and rip off ? Can you pull this off ?”

Once again, Ibasso leaves me speechless in the way they worked, developed, priced on their product, and as always, worth every penny!!! I don’t know about you , and I am sure some of you will constantly be on the move for other products just out of curiosity and upgraditis alone. I have reached my fatiguing points where I no longer want to move around anymore as I have learned and heard enough. The 320Max Ti has everything I could possibly dreamed off from a portable player !! It is safe to say that this is “end game level” for craftsmanship, desirability! Yet, there are possibilities to go further with tuning and parts which I am sure Ibasso will continue to develop in the future, but only when you have the funds, and the wills to keep on moving around in this hobby. Otherwise, as I said, you can end your game of forever searching and desire a better technical build from any portables right here and right now for many years to come

1/ Best kind of parts being used, stepped attenuators, discrete amplifications, powerful output of almost 280mW@300 ohms load. Line out for both Balanced and SE configuration! Check!!!

There are good reasons why I keep circling back to Ibasso, just for their craftsmanship, pricing points and the thrives for better sound quality !!!

You can say that again, being able to replace the battery made iBasso DAPs the easiest to recommend to everyone, it is so nice to be able to prolong the life of a DAP easily!

Get her one and she won't ever complain :)

I do this actually, my gf likes audio stuffs now that I've convinced her to try a few

May 2, 2023 at 12:12 PM Post #180 of 1,447

I am with you vince being infuriated that some cables with a couple of solder joints being so expensive and is nowhere as innovative and complex as this machinery.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back