DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Jan 14, 2024 at 4:49 PM Post #1,277 of 1,447
exactly, the only time I compared is when I am curious about the portability VS tethering, and will it be worth it. I have to say that DAP and portables have come a long way. That, the 320M is the one to stand out the most for portability/pocketability while still having amazing performances for Fullsize.

The performances you can hear and witnessed for yourself. One of those reasons is pretty easy to understand, because the 320Max phones out have super low impedances, I can not find the official statement at the moment, but I think it is about less than 0.4 ohms or so. You dont typically see this output impedances on many desktop setups, lets alone other portables

While we are at it, I hear the next line up from Ibasso, the amplifier and DAC is supposed to have very low crosstalk, which offers much higher separations, and yield much better staging. We are talking about -130Db crosstalk or so.

I am sure some people may have caught the glimpse of Ifi and their mis-advertisements on their line ups, which doesnt measure anywhere near their marketing claims. However, Ibasso stated that they have always strived for real measurements. I dont have the personal measurements to back it up, but I believe/trust that Ibasso always do so
-123Db crosstalk in the balanced channel is already fairly impressive for a portable.

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:08 PM Post #1,278 of 1,447
Another quick question to those who own both, do Ibasso 320 and Ibasso 320 Max share the same screen with same responsiveness? Are there any differences to be aware of, especially in regard of responsiveness?

Jan 15, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #1,279 of 1,447
Another quick question to those who own both, do Ibasso 320 and Ibasso 320 Max share the same screen with same responsiveness? Are there any differences to be aware of, especially in regard of responsiveness?
Both for me, respond very well. Much like my iPhone 13Pro.

Jan 15, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #1,280 of 1,447
Both for me, respond very well. Much like my iPhone 13Pro.
Or the IPhone 13Pro with DC Elite 😂
In all seriousness I have been thinking back and forth if it's worth getting some DX Max for IEMs only but I decided to stick to the dongle for now

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 3:46 PM Post #1,281 of 1,447
If you don’t use any glass protective screen, it responses just fine. The 320M has wider but short screen than the regular 320
IMG_1545.jpeg

Jan 15, 2024 at 7:36 PM Post #1,282 of 1,447
Yes, it does support 12V output, so it will work

My Zendure bank is working great ! The only Problem I have is that it can be deep discharged if I forgot the 12V out USB C cables. It wouldn’t wake up, until I found out that from all the ports, one of them support triggered charging for waking up the battery. Since then, I have been fine using it. Just don’t forget to unplug the 12V cables as it can drain the battery

This one will also work just as well, it supports 12V output

It looks like this anker prime 100w brick also works that you can buy on amazon

Specs:

2-Port Output

USB-C 1 + USB-C 2: 65W + 35W
USB-C 1 + USB-A: 76W + 22.5W

Jan 16, 2024 at 4:31 AM Post #1,283 of 1,447
Managed most of my day at Canjam Dallas with my 320Max in Mango OS, all kinds of use cases :wink:

One feedback for iBasso. Playlist in Mango OS is lost if I eject my microSD card. It would be great if you can store on microSD or device.

img8634.jpg
img8630.jpg
img8616.jpg
Where did you get the black faceplate from?

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:21 PM Post #1,286 of 1,447
Has anyone used the DX320Max with the Elysian Annihilator 2023 or the Aroma Jewel? Debating on this, versus the HiBy RS8 for these two.
I have not but there is nothing on the DAP market as good as the DX320MAX. It seems to have it all. Open sound, bass, transparency, etc. I have heard most everything and nothing equals it.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:23 PM Post #1,287 of 1,447
I have not but there is nothing on the DAP market as good as the DX320MAX. It seems to have it all. Open sound, bass, transparency, etc. I have heard most everything and nothing equals it.
How does it compare to Cayin N8ii in your books? Can get Cayin considerably cheaper nowdays and it does have the advatage of more finetuning options with solid state and tubes, A/B amp switch +a smaller formfactor compared to DX320 Max objectivly.

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #1,288 of 1,447
How does it compare to Cayin N8ii in your books? Can get Cayin considerably cheaper nowdays and it does have the advatage of more finetuning options with solid state and tubes, A/B amp switch +a smaller formfactor compared to DX320 Max objectivly.
You need to get Cayin N30LE in order to rival DX320 Max and there it's a matter of taste and synergy in this class there's hardly anything worse or better - if you ask in the device specific threads you will most likely get fanboy specific answers.

I suggest you to google and study the reviews Alex, Twister who had extensively reviewed all the DAPs you are asking for, partly with comparisons even against each other and also used at least Jewel as his standard reference IEM

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 2:35 PM Post #1,289 of 1,447
You need to get Cayin N30LE in order to rival DX320 Max and there it's a matter of taste and synergy in this class there's hardly anything worse or better - if you ask in the device specific threads you will most likely get fanboy specific answers.

I suggest you to google and study the reviews Alex, Twister who had extensively reviewed all the DAPs you are asking for, partly with comparisons even against each other and also used at least Jewel as his standard reference IEM
Well I believe you contradict yourself a bit, both DAPs are in similar price territory (new) and have rather comparable specs, with the difference in size and tube options on Cayins side. From what I read N30LE emerged from protyping platform for Cayin when they designed N8ii it basically offerse even more tuning options for the user, but is not really superior.

What I wonder is simply how N8ii performs vs DX320 Max :)

Jan 18, 2024 at 2:37 PM Post #1,290 of 1,447
Well I believe you contradict yourself a bit, both DAPs are in similar price territory (new) and have rather comparable specs, with the difference in size and tube options on Cayins side. From what I read N30LE emerged from protyping platform for Cayin when they designed N8ii it basically offerse even more tuning options for the user, but is not really superior.

What I wonder is simply how N8ii performs vs DX320 Max :)
N30LE is the limited edition masterpiece of Cayin freshly developed after N8II and is the only DAP really rivaling DX320 Max.
Better do your homework first and follow my advice reading the respective reviews of objective reviewers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back