DX320MAX Ti The musical event worth the wait. ROHM X 4. !! NEW Firmware: 2.03 !!
Jan 19, 2024 at 12:12 PM Post #1,307 of 1,447
Why not the 300MAX or 300MAX TI?

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #1,310 of 1,447
Do most DAPs enable two HP Outputs to work simultaneously like the 320MTi does? Surprisingly it's been a life change for me.

Jan 26, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #1,311 of 1,447
One of the things I stil can't get over with the 320Max is the clearly audible difference of sound between Mango OS and Android-based apps. For instance, switching between Mango OS and App I notice the following:

1) Sound in Mango app is clean, transparent and wide. It reminds me of the sound in DX300Max (esp. via Neutron) before full burn-in. Impact (esp. in lows and low-mids, like drums, synthetic percussion, etc.) improved clearly on Neutron after I put in >120-150hrs. Still it remained closer to what people I think mean when they say "analytic" about sound. I've only played the 320Max for about 60+ hours, so we'll see.
2) Mango OS sound is all of the above plus impact on drums, and superior depth and height. Sound seems like it's coming from not only the far sides but also behind in depth. It also sounds like it covers more on the vertical axis. And the weight on each note is far heavier. All this without at any point lacking in detail. Transparent, extremely articulated, dense and heavy at the same time, if I may express is thus. I wonder if (and how much) it might change when fully burned in.

This is a propos of doubts expressed previously about how much of a punch or note weight 320Max has. Despite my disclaimers of not having owned (or listened) to other DAPs around that price range, I can't imagine any other portable player doing more in this respect.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #1,312 of 1,447
One of the things I stil can't get over with the 320Max is the clearly audible difference of sound between Mango OS and Android-based apps. For instance, switching between Mango OS and App I notice the following:

1) Sound in Mango app is clean, transparent and wide. It reminds me of the sound in DX300Max (esp. via Neutron) before full burn-in. Impact (esp. in lows and low-mids, like drums, synthetic percussion, etc.) improved clearly on Neutron after I put in >120-150hrs. Still it remained closer to what people I think mean when they say "analytic" about sound. I've only played the 320Max for about 60+ hours, so we'll see.
2) Mango OS sound is all of the above plus impact on drums, and superior depth and height. Sound seems like it's coming from not only the far sides but also behind in depth. It also sounds like it covers more on the vertical axis. And the weight on each note is far heavier. All this without at any point lacking in detail. Transparent, extremely articulated, dense and heavy at the same time, if I may express is thus. I wonder if (and how much) it might change when fully burned in.

This is a propos of doubts expressed previously about how much of a punch or note weight 320Max has. Despite my disclaimers of not having owned (or listened) to other DAPs around that price range, I can't imagine any other portable player doing more in this respect.
Would be nice if Mango was able to serve as a player for streaming services like Qobuz or Spotify.

Jan 27, 2024 at 7:37 AM Post #1,313 of 1,447
Now, back to the sound quality of Dx320Max, The Body tonality is so accurately spotted on! Thick, Dense, Punchy, still very well controlled. It yields an amazing spaciousness, Dynamic feelings, together with amazing depth, wide staging. It doesnt have the Vertical axis presentation that is exaggerated as some Sony walkmans and it products. I enjoy it being this way as it is more realistic to me in a perspective of being there, in the concert theater enjoying a live performances up on the stages. ...

Before you get all so excited with all the Best performer, Best presentation of a portable, allow me to make a very very important impression. The pairing and matching will matter a lot. I am using it to pair with my Sennheiser HD800s. Many people call it being too neutral, too bright, artificial staging....etc.... you name it. ...
I totally agree with your description of the sound. And I think it was you that mentioned the change in sound with Filter #2. It works very well with vocals.

And your talk of its pairing with the HD800S has me making arrangements on a used pair. If it ends up being a keeper, I will definitely give the PB5 a try to see how it works with the HD800S.

Jan 27, 2024 at 10:30 AM Post #1,314 of 1,447
Would be nice if Mango was able to serve as a player for streaming services like Qobuz or Spotify.
It would, true enough. And so would other things with Mango OS (e.g. interface design, like the app for example, directory/playlist search, MTP which doesn't work for very large folders, etc.). I'm fortunate cos I only listen to locally-stored music.

Feb 1, 2024 at 10:22 PM Post #1,316 of 1,447
Did a bit of searching, but would love current recommendations. What is everyone using for a zip travel case? Also, are there better leather cases than the included one?
I really like this guys cases on Etsy.

For zip cases, I purchased this one from tumi when I first got the n30le. But the dx320 max ti works too.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:11 AM Post #1,318 of 1,447
And FYI, he's just waiting on more material for the camo ones if that floats your boat.

Feb 2, 2024 at 1:51 AM Post #1,319 of 1,447
And FYI, he's just waiting on more material for the camo ones if that floats your boat.
Camo ones are my favorites! Slava Ukraini!

IMG_1600.jpeg

Feb 2, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #1,320 of 1,447
It was actually your photo that made me go for one! 😎

Users who are viewing this thread

Back