DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Mar 4, 2023 at 5:29 AM Post #9,061 of 10,359
24aaaaa.jpg

Had it for week or so. Ended up keep only two of these as to my ears match my preference better.
I have heard KK too but with RS6
Really a special IEM

Mar 4, 2023 at 5:59 AM Post #9,062 of 10,359
Maybe IEMs themselves play role there. Just my guessing tho.

From all the IEMs I own or had only Honeydew didn't pair well with AMP14. With AMP11.2 Honeydew have some detail and ok stage, while AMP14 make the Honeydew sound dull and even bloat.

Anything else such as Monarch MKii sound beautiful with AMP14, Kublai Khan sound truly wonderful with AMP14, and MM sound sublime.

I also notice that at least for IEMs above AMP14 perform at it best with high gain as EST or Piezo drivers really shine with high gain.
High gain did help with the Vega, but I still feel like I was missing some of the textures, trailing edges of notes (this may be due to the driver, Vega is extremely quick for a DD), and spatial cues. Vega has a bit of an odd FR, with elevated mid bass and recessed mids, and I think what may be happening is that the 320 is just showing exactly how lopsided that FR is. Other sources can mitigate it to some degree depending how far they veer from neutral.

I tried the ie600 in high gain and while it did seem to add some energy, I found I prefer low gain for those. To me it sounded like the soundstage opened up and spatial information increased. And dynamics remain intact. This is just a great pairing.

For the HD660s I use medium or high gain with great results.

Mar 4, 2023 at 6:26 AM Post #9,064 of 10,359
Waiting until it’s available for Web Download.
Will post once I see it

Mar 4, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #9,067 of 10,359
Mar 4, 2023 at 7:20 AM Post #9,068 of 10,359
Last edited:
Mar 4, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #9,070 of 10,359
What I really hate in the DX320 (using Apple Music) is there is a “crackle” while switching tracks, sometimes it skips a bit of the track in the beginning and to make it worse this happens sometimes also in the middle of some tracks. No idea where this comes from.

I have no such problem with the Zx707, switching tracks and playing continuous is ultra smooth.

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:33 AM Post #9,071 of 10,359
What I really hate in the DX320 (using Apple Music) is there is a “crackle” while switching tracks, sometimes it skips a bit of the track in the beginning and to make it worse this happens sometimes also in the middle of some tracks. No idea where this comes from.

I have no such problem with the Zx707, switching tracks and playing continuous is ultra smooth.
Will test this tonight
Now that you are mentioning it I was wondering before if I had some sort of gapless playback enabled causing this behavior but it didn’t change switching gapless on or off

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #9,072 of 10,359
Will test this tonight
Now that you are mentioning it I was wondering before if I had some sort of gapless playback enabled causing this behavior but it didn’t change switching gapless on or off
I think it has something to do with the DX320 determining bitrate and displaying it at the top. If you switch between tracks with different bitrates there is definitely a ”hiccup”. But what’s annoying is it happens sometimes also with same bitrate tracks and in the middle too but not so often.

I have Crossfade enabled in Apple Music in both the DX320 and Zx707. I don’t feel this should cause any issues. I will check it later to be sure.

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:44 AM Post #9,073 of 10,359
I think it has something to do with the DX320 determining bitrate and displaying it at the top. If you switch between tracks with different bitrates there is definitely a ”hiccup”. But what’s annoying is it happens sometimes also with same bitrate tracks and in the middle too but not so often.

I have Crossfade enabled in Apple Music in both the DX320 and Zx707. I don’t feel this should cause any issues. I will check it later to be sure.
Quite sure it’s only Apple Music.
Will also check again later but imho it didn’t happen with Tidal and Qobuz

Mar 4, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #9,074 of 10,359
Quite sure it’s only Apple Music.
Will also check again later but imho it didn’t happen with Tidal and Qobuz
I just noticed that it also happens when a track starts downloading. Looks like the Software really has a problem if something else happens in the background when playing music like switching track, different bitrate, downloading etc. But like I said, this doesn’t happen on my Sony.

Feels like the Sony implements some kind of exclusive mode with real-time priority to music. No matter what you do, even if the app UI hangs (which happened once) the music continues playing without any interruption lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back