DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Dec 11, 2022 at 3:38 PM Post #7,501 of 10,359
I reset the dx320.
I installed the play store by device and when I launch the play store I have the message go to settings and uninstall the updates of the Google play store application.
I go to settings but can't find it.
Could someone help me.
Uninstall Google Play and then use APK Pure to install a working version. Start with the latest version in APK Pure and then go back in time until you get it to work. On the Google Play page on APK Pure, scroll down until you see "Version History" and select that to see all the latest versions. Repeat this process - uninstall non-working version, install another version.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:42 PM Post #7,502 of 10,359
Hmm, I can't seem to download the 660 tool from Page 1 of this thread, the link doesn't work.

Is 660 a windows tool or an app to go on the DX320?

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #7,503 of 10,359
Hmm, I can't seem to download the 660 tool from Page 1 of this thread, the link doesn't work.

Is 660 a windows tool or an app to go on the DX320?
It is a Windows tool. You download it to your computer and then open the download. I just downloaded it and the download is working fine.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:58 PM Post #7,504 of 10,359
It is a Windows tool. You download it to your computer and then open the download. I just downloaded it and the download is working fine.

Alright, the link doesn't play nice with Google Chrome but with Microsoft Edge it works great.

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:06 PM Post #7,505 of 10,359
The new firmware and module compatibles is pretty easy to understand. There have to be a way for the player to identify each module, like amp12 is not amp11 and it isn’t amp13 or amp14. To us, we give it a visual inspection, whether from how the amp look physically or the boxes that it comes with. For the player itself, it need a specific ID Codes, like USB OTG or USB file/charger cables. These codes are usually, a pull up resistor values. The player itself will not have been tough a value of 200-300kOhm is Amp14, if it wasn’t programmed. So once you installed it, it wouldn’t realize there is any amp module attached, the power supplies section will not work, and the amp module will not work.

So, the ideas of having a firmware boots like MangoOS and AndroidOS Boots, doesn’t happen because you can’t boot into Amp13 mode while using Amp11. It will complicate many and many things. Therefore, the best course of actions is to program in new codes as the modules are being released. The consequences of firmware sound changes will always happen, regardless. At least, Ibasso provides a tool to allow the users to freely rolling back and forth firmware, even Rooting the player, and even accepting the products back to service them. There are many other brands who would be ”Once you rooted your player, all warranties are voided, and we will no longer performing services to your products

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #7,506 of 10,359
Uninstall Google Play and then use APK Pure to install a working version. Start with the latest version in APK Pure and then go back in time until you get it to work. On the Google Play page on APK Pure, scroll down until you see "Version History" and select that to see all the latest versions. Repeat this process - uninstall non-working version, install another version.
For the benefit of every, several installation trials by myself and it seem Nov18th release Version 33.5.16-21 is the most recent Play Store update that works with DX320. No issues with Amazon music on that update.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #7,507 of 10,359
Slight problem using the 660 tool for firmware rollback,

In the steps it says to "Turn off the player, then long press the play button and then connct the player to the computer via USB"

I don't know what they mean by the "play button" do they mean the Play/Pause button or the Silver knob power button?

I'm holding down the Play/Pause button while the player is off but nothing happens.

I'm definitely doing something wrong becuase the QFIL program tool does not detect any port for the tool to work.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:19 PM Post #7,508 of 10,359
I have rolled back to OG firmware and loving it, but the joy may be temporary. If Amp 14 is rated at min 250mW @ 300 ohms I will be getting that amp; I hear tubes play nice with Sennheiser HD800 series.

Such a pity my favourite IEM that is hard wired for SE will be feeling left out. Also need to buy Balanced cable for the etymotic, I would prefer spending that extra cost on a Amp 14 configured with SE connection.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #7,509 of 10,359
Slight problem using the 660 tool for firmware rollback,

In the steps it says to "Turn off the player, then long press the play button and then connct the player to the computer via USB"

I don't know what they mean by the "play button" do they mean the Play/Pause button or the Silver knob power button?

I'm holding down the Play/Pause button while the player is off but nothing happens.

I'm definitely doing something wrong becuase the QFIL program tool does not detect any port for the tool to work.
Plug the cable in before letting go of the play button. This prevents the dap from entering charging mode.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #7,510 of 10,359
Plug the cable in before letting go of the play button. This prevents the dap from entering charging mode.

I wish they would have included that info in the steps!

Thank you friend.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:29 PM Post #7,511 of 10,359
Wait, how do I get the firmware image file? I can't seem to find the ELF file anywhere in the 2.03 Firmware ZIP I downloaded from the iBasso website.

I'm clicking BROWSE to select the "Programmer" but I can't find the file that they're looking for? I've unzipped the zip file twice already.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #7,512 of 10,359
Wait, how do I get the firmware image file? I can't seem to find the ELF file anywhere in the 2.03 Firmware ZIP I downloaded from the iBasso website.

I'm clicking BROWSE to select the "Programmer" but I can't find the file that they're looking for? I've unzipped the zip file twice already.

It can be frustrating if you haven’t used the tool before. In the first post for this thread you will find a file ending in _img; select the version you wish to install.

Here is the latest rollback firmware:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX320_20220722_2.03.855_128G_img.zip

Here is OG which is the most unadulterated firmware:
http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX320_20220512_2.00.707_128G_img.zip

Also note if the file is zipped it won’t be seen by the tool.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #7,513 of 10,359

It's on the 1st page.

Dec 11, 2022 at 4:54 PM Post #7,514 of 10,359
Dec 11, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #7,515 of 10,359
Does anyone have an issue with the new Battery Saver feature in the firmware 2.04 where the analog battery stops charging when the digital one reaches 80%? I guess the feature was developed with the assumption that the digital battery always drains faster than the analog battery. If you use the amp13 and offline playing with Mango player, the analog battery would drain faster than the digital one, and you may end up with the analog battery stops changing even if it's still very low, like 45% of analog and 80% of digital.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back