DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Dec 11, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #7,486 of 10,348
Why not using usb player pro? With dx240 it is best sounding , better than mango player for sure, dont know about 320
Neutron is the best sounding player. Not the most practical but not even UAPP can beat it.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:18 AM Post #7,487 of 10,348
This morning I have been auditioning and comparing the new firmware and between players. I don’t like Mango player and even MangoOS signature. However, Neutron is amazing with it. I found the bass is darker and more booming with Mango players and OS, holography is not as articulated and or in good presentations. But with Neutron and it set up, it is another story.

Neutron is a must for this firmware as it is pretty magical with this firmware
I have always used the mango player app and I've loved it, haven't tried Neutron on either the the dx300 or the dx320x. Tried it ages back on my cellphone with a dongle, before I had DAPs. It was a maze of settings and options, the ui was kinda old looking lol. Anything settings (audio wise) in particular I should look out for? May try it out of curiosity, to see if I can tell the difference as you do.

Dec 11, 2022 at 11:40 AM Post #7,488 of 10,348
I have always used the mango player app and I've loved it, haven't tried Neutron on either the the dx300 or the dx320x. Tried it ages back on my cellphone with a dongle, before I had DAPs. It was a maze of settings and options, the ui was kinda old looking lol. Anything settings (audio wise) in particular I should look out for? May try it out of curiosity, to see if I can tell the difference as you do.
Something like this
https://www.headpie.net/2021/09/neutron-music-player-recommended-app.html?m=1

Dec 11, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #7,489 of 10,348
I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the new firmware SQ, the vocals sound a bit more recessed and there is too muh sub bass now. Overall it sounds more thicker in the mid bass region and there is a little bleed into the mids.

Anyone else feel the same?
It could be due to the combination with my U12Ts

I'm going to try to revert back the firmware and give it a good listen.

Dec 11, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #7,490 of 10,348
One more comment on battery saver - when both D and A batteries are at the charging limit (75-80%), playing while battery is charging doesn't generate any more noticeable heat than compared to just playing and no charging. It's only when battery levels are low enough to trigger quick charge that playing and charging gets the DX320 warmer than just playing. I am using Amp 12 EXN at high gain with volume in the mid to high 30's.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:13 PM Post #7,491 of 10,348
Neutron is the best sounding player. Not the most practical but not even UAPP can beat it.
Will try neutron once more as i remeber 3 or 4 years ago i really didn't liked the interface. It was something awfull. As good as it sounds it should be usefull. Hope they fixed it somehow. Ofcourse sound also wasn't something or better than other apps , but perhaps i tried it too short or haven't found how to set it right. As i hear all the time that neutron best whatnexist

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:24 PM Post #7,493 of 10,348
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #7,494 of 10,348
I dunno, I have mixed feelings about the new firmware SQ, the vocals sound a bit more recessed and there is too muh sub bass now. Overall it sounds more thicker in the mid bass region and there is a little bleed into the mids.

Anyone else feel the same?
It could be due to the combination with my U12Ts

I'm going to try to revert back the firmware and give it a good listen.
Did you use a SD card for firmware updating? You may not have 2.04 if updating via 660 tool.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #7,495 of 10,348
Here is an idea for iBasso,

Maybe they should have separate firmware files that are tuned specifically for each AMP (including the latest updates) that users can download and flash themselves because it seems like everytime iBasso announces a new AMP, they release a new firmware tuned specifically for the new AMP.

Or maybe I'm being unrealistic here...

Orrr I have to learn how to PEQ.....which I am horrible at.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #7,496 of 10,348
What is that tool?
How would I use it?
The 660 tool is what they use at the factory to install the firmware. It is on the 1st page in this thread. The directions are in the download, once downloaded and you open the download. You then use the .img firmware with the 660 tool. I have it installed on a PC. I mostly use Mac computers but it has to be on a PC type of computer. I find it very handy. It wipes the internal memory and does a new clean installation of the firmware. You can use the earliest FW and then update to what you want. Or install the .img FW you want to use. I don't see the latest on the page in .img but I would guess they will put it there.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #7,497 of 10,348
The 660 tool is what they use at the factory to install the firmware. It is on the 1st page in this thread. The directions are in the download, once downloaded and you open the download. You then use the .img firmware with the 660 tool. I have it installed on a PC. I mostly use Mac computers but it has to be on a PC type of computer. I find it very handy.
I missed that completely, it sounds very handy.

Thanks!

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:33 PM Post #7,498 of 10,348
I am taking the line out from AMP12 to a desktop and don't notice bass heavy or out of place and treble is fine and mids not recessed. This tell me what the DAC section is doing with the latest FW. Using it on a Cayin 300B MK2.

Dec 11, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #7,499 of 10,348
Here is an idea for iBasso,

Maybe they should have separate firmware files that are tuned specifically for each AMP (including the latest updates) that users can download and flash themselves because it seems like everytime iBasso announces a new AMP, they release a new firmware tuned specifically for the new AMP.

Or maybe I'm being unrealistic here...

Orrr I have to learn how to PEQ.....which I am horrible at.
They don't release new FWs for new amps to tube to them. New amps often have to be have new coding for the CPU due to the different requirements of the new module. I asked them about this some time back. That is why AMP13 had to be on a new FW for it to work correctly.

Dec 11, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #7,500 of 10,348
I reset the dx320.
I installed the play store by device and when I launch the play store I have the message go to settings and uninstall the updates of the Google play store application.
I go to settings but can't find it.
Could someone help me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back