DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Dec 10, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #7,457 of 10,347
I will try thank you. What bothers me is that the bass is much stronger and it bothers me a bit. Either it's me or my brain, I don't know. Otherwise someone would have a pmeq to lower the bass impact. thank you
Or give it a day or two. Or use the 660 tool. I find that my perception/subjectiveness changes but that there is a point upon which, over time, I can agree on. :^)

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #7,459 of 10,347
I will try thank you. What bothers me is that the bass is much stronger and it bothers me a bit. Either it's me or my brain, I don't know. Otherwise someone would have a pmeq to lower the bass impact. thank you
Another possible explanation is volume matching. For me, I am more sensitive to sound at the beginning of the day so I dial down volume 5-7 clicks lower than later in the day. If I forget to dial the volume down before I go to sleep, the sound in the morning to my ears sounds bass heavy until I lower volume, which then makes treble sound rolled off. It takes a few hours in the morning for my hearing to balance out.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:23 PM Post #7,460 of 10,347
Try restarting the DX320 a few times. I don't know why but it can change the sound. Then there is the 660 tool on the 1st page and you can use that on a PC to change to an earlier version of firmware.
True, this time I didn’t bother listening until after multiple restarts.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #7,461 of 10,347
I ran into similar issues noted in this thread with Google Play incompatibility. But I am pleasantly surprised Amazon music installed via APKpure works without issues.

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:30 PM Post #7,462 of 10,347
Layering, imaging, and space between notes with FW 2.04 are noticeably improved via SE connection over balanced connection in previous FW. The thing that is striking is how well controlled instruments sound even on sustained complex passages or recordings.

I must be in for a treat with balanced and FW 2.04.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #7,463 of 10,347
I can agree with this on Amp13. Whether one like it , that depends on personal preferences

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #7,464 of 10,347
Hmmm, am I the only one that likes the previous firmware SQ?
I feel like the latest one sounds a bit too dense and thick with more bass....

Dec 10, 2022 at 2:57 PM Post #7,467 of 10,347
Hmmm, am I the only one that likes the previous firmware SQ?
I feel like the latest one sounds a bit too dense and thick with more bass....

Previous FW had an obvious bass shelf in the sub-bass region and mid bass is comparatively recessed. New sound signature is more linear in the bass region and mid bass will initially appear more prominent, which it isn’t. I feel like 2.04 is closer to the native recoding.

I have only done a brief listening session with one IEM post FW upgrade and may have a different opinion after listening the full gamut of playlists and headphones that I use for evaluation.

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2022 at 3:06 PM Post #7,470 of 10,347
DUPLICATE POST

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back