DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 29, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #4,981 of 10,343
Could I recommend you for an DC-06 from Ibasso ? That thing drives even HD800S !!!
I am looking into the DC06 after you mentioned it. Based on reviews I've seen (so far), it seems they prefer the sound quality of Questyle M15 and Cayin RU6 more. M15 for clean crisp and somewhat musical sound, RU6 for very musical sound. I can't find comparisons to Moondrop MoonRiver2. (Although I read RU6 and MoonRiver2 drain battery fast). Ofc, these reviews are never too detailed, so I can't make decision yet.

Btw, did you mean in your previous post DC06 sounded better than DX320 plugged into your laptop?
The DC06 is excellent sounding. Plenty of power with 3.5 and 4.4 balanced out. And can easily compare to units costing 300 dollars and bettering most dongles on the market. IMO
If you have had issues with the Amp13 card (400mW@32ohms) pushing your headphones well, then the DC06 has less power than the high V output and will also not cut it (320mW@32ohms balanced).

On the other hand, it does seem pretty capable for lower impedance headphones, and certainly IEMs. It looks comparable (in all but bells and whistles) to this but at 1/3 the price apparently.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:50 PM Post #4,982 of 10,343
I am looking into the DC06 after you mentioned it. Based on reviews I've seen (so far), it seems they prefer the sound quality of Questyle M15 and Cayin RU6 more. M15 for clean crisp and somewhat musical sound, RU6 for very musical sound. I can't find comparisons to Moondrop MoonRiver2. (Although I read RU6 and MoonRiver2 drain battery fast). Ofc, these reviews are never too detailed, so I can't make decision yet.

Btw, did you mean in your previous post DC06 sounded better than DX320 plugged into your laptop?
I have the RU6 and it is fantastic. However, being an external DAC and being discrete R2R, I'm not sure it will be any better latency than the 320.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:55 PM Post #4,983 of 10,343

Not that it sounds better. It is more practical (synchronization is dead spot on), and on the while providing a very surprising performances into a very hard to drive HD800S. Especially the cues of positions, layerings, surprisingly in a sense of being a very little dongle that it is

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:04 PM Post #4,984 of 10,343
You can actually disable all buttons in settings (except power button), but you probably already knew that?!
Thanks, yes, I have them disabled, except volume, when the screen is off but enabled when the screen is on. They are easy to hit by mistake but then again I have accidently hit the screen accidently while I was waiting 30 to 50 seconds for another song to finish while scrolling through through songs too many times to count so it happens. I also use Button Mapper (free apk for basics) so I can long press the play button to take a screenshot. Only thing I use it for though. You essentially get three functions with one button. Single tap, double, and long can open apps or many other things. Single tapping and holding the play/pause button will pause or play (depending on the situation) then take a screenshot as that is the action I have it set to when long pressed. More useful for stuff like the shield so you can use that NF button for 3 purposes and none need to be NF if that isn't your thing.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:24 PM Post #4,985 of 10,343
Could I recommend you for an DC-06 from Ibasso ? That thing drives even HD800S !!!

I would get a DC06. Excellent sound, compact and plug and play. And different cables can be used.

Odd that some aren't having any issues at all with latency and some do.
Thanks for the recommendation guys. If you observed my posts, you would have noticed that I recommend IFI DACs a lot because I own them myself.
I have the IFI XDSD Gryphon, Go Blu and Zen DAC. I don't think the DC-06 will outperform them. Even if they did, I'm already spoiled by the IFI sound signature, their Analog Bass boost and IEMatch which gets rid of any hiss even on the most sensitive headphones !

Also IFI DACs and my headphones seem to have a great synergy. Some of the headphones I have are the Z1R, VE Ext, SE 846, Xelento :)
Honestly, I'm actually thinking of selling my DX320 as I don't have much use for it. I use the Gryphon or ZEN DAC at home and the Go Blu while on the move !

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #4,987 of 10,343
Dx320 can be used as a Bluetooth connecting device like Fiio Btr5 for listening to cell phone music like Spotify?
If it can, how is the SQ?
Yes you can. There is a Bluetooth DAC mode for this.
It supports AAC and SBC codecs in this mode. I tried this with my iPhone and the sound quality is decent !

Why would you do this though ? You can install Spotify and all other apps directly on the DX320.

Jul 29, 2022 at 8:53 PM Post #4,988 of 10,343
Thanks for the recommendation guys. If you observed my posts, you would have noticed that I recommend IFI DACs a lot because I own them myself.
I have the IFI XDSD Gryphon, Go Blu and Zen DAC. I don't think the DC-06 will outperform them. Even if they did, I'm already spoiled by the IFI sound signature, their Analog Bass boost and IEMatch which gets rid of any hiss even on the most sensitive headphones !

Also IFI DACs and my headphones seem to have a great synergy. Some of the headphones I have are the Z1R, VE Ext, SE 846, Xelento :)
Honestly, I'm actually thinking of selling my DX320 as I don't have much use for it. I use the Gryphon or ZEN DAC at home and the Go Blu while on the move !
Quoting my own post !
Latency issues aside .. the wide sound stage and the details after the latest firmware update is just phenomenal.
I might actually keep the DX320 just for music listening while at home :wink:

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #4,989 of 10,343
Yup did all that !
Like @Whitigir said in his post, there is a latency of almost >200ms.

Now this might be better compared to other DAPs, but that doesn’t make it acceptable, at least for me and I’m not nitpicking here. Watching videos or playing games with audio video not in sync is super weird !

Anyways I’m well aware that DAPs, especially Android ones have high latency. Cannot compare them to DACs that run close to 0 latency.

I have desktop and portable DAC/AMPs for that purpose. I just wanted to let others know because people who’d buy this for use as a DAC will be wasting a precious 1600 euros when they can easily get a very good DAC/AMP for 1/4th the price.

In some ways I sympathize with iBasso. When used as a DAC the DX is competing with the best smart phones with superior hardware but still need to tow a Rohm chip and discrete amp. Today I am demanding the latest android platform for my streaming habits plus I am typing this response from my phone while streaming, meaning some progress is being made.

In the near future portable DAP’s will become phones with delta sigma chips and headphone amplifier built-in, then the amp will be deleted to save cost and all we will be left with are dongles and outboard amps.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #4,990 of 10,343
In some ways I sympathize with iBasso. When used as a DAC the DX is competing with the best smart phones with superior hardware but still need to tow a Rohm chip and discrete amp. Today I am demanding the latest android platform for my streaming habits plus I am typing this response from my phone while streaming, meaning some progress is being made.

In the near future portable DAP’s will become phones with delta sigma chips and headphone amplifier built-in, then the amp will be deleted to save cost and all we will be left with are dongles and outboard amps.
This is also the reason I got the DX320 as I use Apple Music !

Can't wait for the day when we have Phone and DAP in one, my never-ending search for a perfect device will finally be over.
I still have my old LG V30 which is sadly no longer used due to sheer number of DACs and DAPs I have :)

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #4,991 of 10,343
Been listening to the 320 LO all day into the R-10 to the HE90, damn, the best sound I have heard. Listen to Greg Brown, Dream-Cafe. Incredible.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:20 PM Post #4,992 of 10,343
Yes you can. There is a Bluetooth DAC mode for this.
It supports AAC and SBC codecs in this mode. I tried this with my iPhone and the sound quality is decent !

Why would you do this though ? You can install Spotify and all other apps directly on the DX320.
Plus APTX-HD when using installed apps.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #4,994 of 10,343
No latency trouble for any app installed in dx320 like Netflix?
I am new for this dap world, which I think needs a microphone to be used as wifi phone as can be used for emergency phone.

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #4,995 of 10,343
No latency trouble for any app installed in dx320 like Netflix?
I am new for this dap world, which I think needs a microphone to be used as wifi phone as can be used for emergency phone.
Which is why I have a real phone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back