DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 29, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #4,966 of 10,347
I don't use Lock Screen. Never liked using it. Much faster just to have the unlocked screen and it isn't a phone with confidential information on it. Wait, my phone doesn't have Lock Screen either. lol

Never use lock screen either. When I power up DX320 and start using it, there are no issues when I turn the screen on and off using power/volume button. But if I leave the screen off for a few minutes, and press power button to turn the screen on, I just see backlight. So, I have to press it again to turn it off and on again for the display to come up.

.... holly crap, I just resolved this problem by disabling double-tap (which hardly works for me anyway). Once it is disabled in Display setting, I don't have this issue anymore. @ginandbacon see if that works for you, disable double-tap.

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:57 PM Post #4,967 of 10,347
I tested USB DAC functionality connected to my laptop with the latest firmware. Unfortunately nothing has changed, latency remains same as before. Here are the details.

Tested on the following:
Windows 11 (on 2 different laptops)
Ubuntu 22.04
IPad Air 4

Tried different USB ports (all USB 3.2) and Type C ports both on laptop and iPad. Used different cables including the one that came with the DAP.

Latency: >100ms
Conclusion: Still unusable as an USB DAC on PC for anything other than music listening.

I have a couple of other desktop and portable DAC/AMPs. None of them have this latency issue. So it’s definitely the DX320.
I tried with pc and usb c , the video streaming from YouTube and Netflix side are very acceptable. They may be 250-350ms off from precise lips sync and or actions sync. But this is a lot better than many others, for example the Cayin N8ii back when I know it

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:04 PM Post #4,968 of 10,347
I tested USB DAC functionality connected to my laptop with the latest firmware. Unfortunately nothing has changed, latency remains same as before. Here are the details.

Tested on the following:
Windows 11 (on 2 different laptops)
Ubuntu 22.04
IPad Air 4

Tried different USB ports (all USB 3.2) and Type C ports both on laptop and iPad. Used different cables including the one that came with the DAP.

Latency: >100ms
Conclusion: Still unusable as an USB DAC on PC for anything other than music listening.

I have a couple of other desktop and portable DAC/AMPs. None of them have this latency issue. So it’s definitely the DX320.
Are you sure it updated? Have you tried a factory reset?

Jul 29, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #4,970 of 10,347
My DX320 is very laggy with Mango App, this happen with the latest two firmwares. A factory reset do not solve the problem and I don't know what to do. Anyone?
I would do the .img with the 660 tool. I don't have any lag issues and don't know how else to try and correct it. I am on 2.03. . .

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #4,971 of 10,347
Are you sure it updated? Have you tried a factory reset?
Yup did all that !
Like @Whitigir said in his post, there is a latency of almost >200ms.

Now this might be better compared to other DAPs, but that doesn’t make it acceptable, at least for me and I’m not nitpicking here. Watching videos or playing games with audio video not in sync is super weird !

Anyways I’m well aware that DAPs, especially Android ones have high latency. Cannot compare them to DACs that run close to 0 latency.

I have desktop and portable DAC/AMPs for that purpose. I just wanted to let others know because people who’d buy this for use as a DAC will be wasting a precious 1600 euros when they can easily get a very good DAC/AMP for 1/4th the price.

Jul 29, 2022 at 5:42 PM Post #4,972 of 10,347
Yup did all that !

Now this might be better compared to other DAPs, but that doesn’t make it acceptable, at least for me and I’m not nitpicking here. Watching videos or playing games with audio video not in sync is super weird !

Anyways I’m well aware that DAPs, especially Android ones have high latency. Cannot compare them to DACs that run close to 0 latency.

I have desktop and portable DAC/AMPs for that purpose. I just wanted to let others know because people who’d buy this for use as a DAC will be wasting a precious 1600 euros when they can easily get a very good DAC/AMP for 1/4th the price.
Could I recommend you for an DC-06 from Ibasso ? That thing drives even HD800S !!!

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:15 PM Post #4,973 of 10,347
Yes, happens every time. I got used to it already. There is some time out when screen is off which triggers this behavior.
Ok, at least I don't have to wipe my DX320. Not that I would mind, it would take an hour, possibly less but got everything setup and trying to not install any apps unless needed and no apps with notification's. I might as well disable it completely. I don't have a PIN setup. I just found this to be very annoying and figured someone at iBasso would have caught it by now. as it's not the craziest thing someone has done with expensive electronics. It's really 50/50, possibly more like 3 out of 4 times it happens, at least for me. I got used to it but might as well disable it since I am not using a PIN.

I actually saw the Sony had a hardware lock switch to lock everything, but I believe the volume. That or you had options via a Sony app. I would not mind a simple hardware button to disable all buttons or all buttons but volume *users choice. Obviously a hardware change but simple and functional.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #4,974 of 10,347
Yup did all that !

I would get a DC06. Excellent sound, compact and plug and play. And different cables can be used.

Odd that some aren't having any issues at all with latency and some do.

Jul 29, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #4,975 of 10,347
Hi guys so mu DX320 is still being burnt in, I see people talking about a new firmware, does this fox the issues Vs stock firmware as I haven't upgraded yet.

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:02 PM Post #4,976 of 10,347
I notice almost zero lip sync issues on my PC. It's running in the Dev ring for Windows 11 so...... Take it for what it's worth but YouTube sounds perfect as far as lip sync is concerned, zero issues there. I do notice some delay on Plex when watching on my PC, but it has to downscale and transcode the audio and my NAS just plays better when I can direct stream as my PC isn't a video powerhouse. Still, maybe 25 to 50ms at most in Plex. I have a felling local playback will be fine. I will test some other apps. I did notice that the driver it install in Device Mangler was pretty recent (07/24/22). Might be worth checking. It shows up under Audio inputs and outputs as Headphones (ibassoDX320) so MS is picking up the device as it's a MS driver. It also shows up under Sound, Video and Game Controllers but it's the same driver and same install date. I am running an Asrock Nuc 11. Nothing special, using a 15ft USB cable I got off of Amazon. Have a 30 ft one that works also but it feels like it won't last long. Very thin for that length. Might be worth trying a USB A to C cable. Especially if it's a TB3/4 port. TB4 is supposed to be compatible with any form of USB but 3.2 gen 2 x 2, which is the only version that doesn't have to be backwards compatible, for reasons..... Still, a USB 2.0 port should be all you need granted 3 has more pins for power. Kodi has forward and backward lip sync correction but that doesn't help if the issue is with a streaming service. VLC also has a setting so local video is fine. I don't stream on my PC so if streaming is an issue that may be a different story but Kodi was decoding 7.1 DTS MA HD to stereo and maybe 30ms of lip sync correction was needed. Check the driver date thought. I also sometimes use a program called Driver Easy, works great, just downloads at like 50kb/s unless you pay but that is the only down side.

1659134717008.png

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:13 PM Post #4,977 of 10,347
Is anyone else having issues with the lock screen going to a "black" screen when the screen is off and pressing the power button or double tapping? What I mean is you can tell the backlight comes on when you press the power button but it's just a black screen. If I press the power button again, wait a second, and press it one more time then the generic lock screen ALWAYS comes up where I can swipe up. This happens with double tap also to wake up the phone so it's the same behavior regardless. Sometimes it comes up the first time but it's random
this is the double tap to wake bug since original firmware that iBasso never fixed. we were asking them to fix double tap to wake and this was never fixed in every firmware. @Paul - iBasso please fix this and also the third party file manager permission that works on every firmware (including my android phone), but not on the 2.03 firmware.

As for lip sync, at first after updating to 2.03 firmware I saw a slight delay on local player, but none on youtube streaming. after 5-7 restarts (or for some other unknown reason), now there is no lag at all. As for USB DAC, there used to be no delay in original firmware, and when there was delay, you had to refresh the program or page. Seems like after installing new firmware, some effects still don't take effect until multiple restarts (or some other unknown reason). This leads me to also believe that sound quality might still require multiple restarts to set in (which is annoying and I know iBasso doesn't know why).

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #4,978 of 10,347
Could I recommend you for an DC-06 from Ibasso ? That thing drives even HD800S !!!
I am looking into the DC06 after you mentioned it. Based on reviews I've seen (so far), it seems they prefer the sound quality of Questyle M15 and Cayin RU6 more. M15 for clean crisp and somewhat musical sound, RU6 for very musical sound. I can't find comparisons to Moondrop MoonRiver2. (Although I read RU6 and MoonRiver2 drain battery fast). Ofc, these reviews are never too detailed, so I can't make decision yet.

Btw, did you mean in your previous post DC06 sounded better than DX320 plugged into your laptop?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #4,979 of 10,347
I am looking into the DC06 after you mentioned it. Based on reviews I've seen (so far), it seems they prefer the sound quality of Questyle M15 and Cayin RU6 more. M15 for clean crisp and somewhat musical sound, RU6 for very musical sound. I can't find comparisons to Moondrop MoonRiver2. (Although I read RU6 and MoonRiver2 drain battery fast). Ofc, these reviews are never too detailed, so I can't make decision yet.
The DC06 is excellent sounding. Plenty of power with 3.5 and 4.4 balanced out. And can easily compare to units costing 300 dollars and bettering most dongles on the market. IMO

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:29 PM Post #4,980 of 10,347
Ok, at least I don't have to wipe my DX320. Not that I would mind, it would take an hour, possibly less but got everything setup and trying to not install any apps unless needed and no apps with notification's. I might as well disable it completely. I don't have a PIN setup. I just found this to be very annoying and figured someone at iBasso would have caught it by now. as it's not the craziest thing someone has done with expensive electronics. It's really 50/50, possibly more like 3 out of 4 times it happens, at least for me. I got used to it but might as well disable it since I am not using a PIN.

I actually saw the Sony had a hardware lock switch to lock everything, but I believe the volume. That or you had options via a Sony app. I would not mind a simple hardware button to disable all buttons or all buttons but volume *users choice. Obviously a hardware change but simple and functional.
You can actually disable all buttons in settings (except power button), but you probably already knew that?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back