DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 30, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #5,011 of 10,347
Amp 13 sounds so f*ing good :) with my indigos.

I’m still getting noise when using Wi-Fi though I’d really love to know if this amp to amp or just a weakness that can’t be fixed due to shielding etc….
I think it's multiple issues.
1) The microphonic nature of the nutube
2) The implementation and power of the Wifi used in the 320
3) The implementation and power of the Wifi used to stream to the 320

I've noticed no noise when using the 320 tethered as a usb DAC to my iPhone or computer. I've also noticed very little noise when using a non-mesh network. I'm not sure how you can shield the nutube without decreasing heat dissipation. Added to that there are a couple users in this thread that have little to no noise with streaming to their 320/amp13.

@Paul - iBasso
The latest firmware update fixed the iDevice tether issue I had. However, could you change the name of how the device shows up with iDevices and MacOS? Right now it is listed as "Playback inactive". Thanks.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #5,012 of 10,347
Are these combinations better than 220 +am8ex? If heard. I am lookining for most transparent, clear, reference without added low end and thikness sounding ibasso dap+amp combination. Havent heard 220 with any amp but heard 320 with amp 13 and other lower daps from ibasso so know what to expect.
220 doesn't have the more neutral, natural, and holographic chips of ROHM,
So just from that, we would have to assume that its just another nice mid-tier or upper mid-tier alternative.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:22 PM Post #5,013 of 10,347
No. The Sony WM1Z with a MrWalkman firmware mod is most musical, if you want just musicality. The DAPs you mentioned are simply not in the same league when it comes to resolve and realism of a dx320, dx300Max, N8ii.
Simply not there.

By the way, did you tell all them over at

Kann Max thread that you left them for the dx320?
Because you led them to believe the max is better.

Plus, no one in that thread has an answer to my simple question of how many watts is the output. They don't want to say. Its based on no load values.

Getting a dongle is to "downgrade" with more unnecessary gear, instead of using a top DAP for everything. It's going backwards to the endless spending we need to stop going into.
One DAP to rule all, to be used for all...
That's the goal.

It definitely can be used as full time source, when ibasso made a "line out" to be used as a source.
That's one reason why I like the amp12, but you can select line out option even in the OS.
Im not listening to details, only music. I got bored by these "resolving", "detailed" crap. Besides the m8 is still very detailed, dont hear any lack in this area.
Yes the dx320 is more realistic in timbre, thats true. Actually its the most realistic ive heard.
"Simply not there" where? Its very similar level but different presentation. More musicality, less aggression and more bass impact. Thats just my preference after having IBasso products over the years. Still keeping the dx320 tho.

They arent kids and i dont need to inform everybody abiut every my move. Besides i mentioned there that i didnt like the ESS glare.
Dx320 was better for me, there are people who will appreciate the Max more as they are on the same level. Just different type of presentation.
Max was better in bass and space layering. Dx320 is more realistic in timbre and smoother on top due to the better dac. But they are comparable for most people.

All these WAY BETTER , DEFINITELY IN A HIGHER LEAGUE arent working on me anymore. I just dont believe it. My ears tell me how it is, not others comments or any review.
Thats why i went through my own "dap path" to evaluate this for myself.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #5,014 of 10,347
I think it's multiple issues.
1) The microphonic nature of the nutube
2) The implementation and power of the Wifi used in the 320
3) The implementation and power of the Wifi used to stream to the 320

I've noticed no noise when using the 320 tethered as a usb DAC to my iPhone or computer. I've also noticed very little noise when using a non-mesh network. I'm not sure how you can shield the nutube without decreasing heat dissipation. Added to that there are a couple users in this thread that have little to no noise with streaming to their 320/amp13.

@Paul - iBasso
The latest firmware update fixed the iDevice tether issue I had. However, could you change the name of how the device shows up with iDevices and MacOS? Right now it is listed as "Playback inactive". Thanks.
I went outside left my phone half way in front of my house and I walked out about 150 feet and I still got interference but who knows… it could still be anything lol I’ll drive out into a remote place and do something similar with my iPhone used as a hotspot. The noise happens randomly but 90% of the time it only happens at the beginning of the song and I don’t get any noise when Wi-Fi is off.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:27 PM Post #5,015 of 10,347
Im not listening to details, only music. I got bored by these "resolving", "detailed" crap. Besides the m8 is still very detailed, dont hear any lack in this area.
Yes the dx320 is more realistic in timbre, thats true. Actually its the most realistic ive heard.
"Simply not there" where? Its very similar level but different presentation. More musicality, less aggression and more bass impact. Thats just my preference after having IBasso products over the years. Still keeping the dx320 tho.

They arent kids and i dont need to inform everybody abiut every my move. Besides i mentioned there that i didnt like the ESS glare.
Dx320 was better for me, there are people who will appreciate the Max more as they are on the same level. Just different type of presentation.
Max was better in bass and space layering. Dx320 is more realistic in timbre and smoother on top due to the better dac. But they are comparable for most people.

All these WAY BETTER , DEFINITELY IN A HIGHER LEAGUE arent working on me anymore. I just dont believe it. My ears tell me how it is, not others comments or any review.
Thats why i went through my own "dap path" to evaluate this for myself.
The Amp 13 is how I feel in similarity to how you described the m8. Using the full tube.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #5,019 of 10,347
I went outside left my phone half way in front of my house and I walked out about 150 feet and I still got interference but who knows… it could still be anything lol I’ll drive out into a remote place and do something similar with my iPhone used as a hotspot. The noise happens randomly but 90% of the time it only happens at the beginning of the song and I don’t get any noise when Wi-Fi is off.
It might only happen at the beginning if the track is cached. Once the song downloads onto the device for streaming playback the wifi would sit idle. I noticed something similar with my AMP13. It also tends to be a bit better in my environment if I connect with 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #5,020 of 10,347
It might only happen at the beginning if the track is cached. Once the song downloads onto the device for streaming playback the wifi would sit idle. I noticed something similar with my AMP13. It also tends to be a bit better in my environment if I connect with 2.4ghz instead of 5ghz.
Yes correct 90% of the time it’s at the beginning sometimes it happens during the song I use qobuz I’ll try 2.4.

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #5,021 of 10,347
It definitely can be used as full time source, when ibasso made a "line out" to be used as a source.
That's one reason why I like the amp12, but you can select line out option even in the OS.
Yes it can indeed. What I was referring to as maybe not being the best as a full time DAC is the fact that there is no way to run it in DC mode only, so it might last 6 months before the battery will no longer hold a charge. There are obviously ways around this, but they require more than the simple "set it and forget it" method. Which is also why I mentioned that there might be better (I guess I could have used the word "easier") solutions for JUST that scenerio.

But, bottom line is, it can totally be a permanent DAC for a desktop.

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:35 PM Post #5,022 of 10,347
Thank you for the suggestion, the 2.4 is sooo much better I barely get any noise I was quickly shifting through songs and I didn’t hear any noise it would happen randomly because of all the songs I kept selecting but after I stayed on a song and did a normal play through I didn’t get anything. Also the noise is so much less intrusive on 2.4.

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #5,023 of 10,347
To clarify, I have WiFi on 320 off when streaming Roon to iPhone connected via usb DAC mode to 320.

With WiFi on the 320 active, anywhere in my house with mesh network yields noise. In my case constant not just song loading. This is all 5ghz connection. Nest mesh doesn’t allow you to turn off 5ghz.

For me, it’s not a deal breaker nor issue. I’d like to keep record of my circumstances on this thread where RFI interference occurs to help find a solution.

Last edited:
Jul 30, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #5,024 of 10,347
No. The Sony WM1Z with a MrWalkman firmware mod is most musical, if you want just musicality. The DAPs you mentioned are simply not in the same league when it comes to resolve and realism of a dx320, dx300Max, N8ii.
Simply not there.

By the way, did you tell all them over at
Kann Max thread that you left them for the dx320?
Because you led them to believe the max is better.

Plus, no one in that thread has an answer to my simple question of how many watts is the output. They don't want to say. Its based on no load values.
Kann Alpha was measured at 245mW (if my memory is correct) by one european publication. That was balanced. Max should do better than that but probably not by all that much. They'll do the claimed output voltage ... but at 47Kohms.

Jul 30, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #5,025 of 10,347
Thank you for the suggestion, the 2.4 is sooo much better I barely get any noise I was quickly shifting through songs and I didn’t hear any noise it would happen randomly because of all the songs I kept selecting but after I stayed on a song and did a normal play through I didn’t get anything. Also the noise is so much less intrusive on 2.4.
That's funny! Mine is the opposite. I get the lesser amount using 5GHz. But like you, I only get the noise when buffering or active download/upload. This is with me using the Linksys WRT32X for whole house coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back