DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 6, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #3,721 of 10,347
My Sony ier m9 sound meh on the 13, JH Lola sound good not the best but the moondrop blessing 2 sounds great. The Sony and JH are better with the 11 amp and the 12 amp. Maybe the 13 amp isn't for me giving the tube ping when you switch iems and noise with streaming. Great idea the amp 13 just a bit too niche for me
Sounds like my experience with all BA sets. My T800 just doesn't sound as good on tube as they do with SS IMO. I think you might be right about the ping. BA bass is a bit slower already (though not terribly so), and the tone is different than DD or ortho DD, so this could also come into play.

Now with some other sets they just sound "right" to my ears (IT07, Chaconne, Deva, etc..) for just about anything I throw at them. As for the noise while streaming, I don't mind it all that much because it only lasts for a few seconds for me, then goes away.

Edit: Re read what you said, and I read it wrong the first time. Regarding ping, I was referring to time. Tube amps slow things down a bit.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #3,722 of 10,347
Is it just me or are there those out there that prefer the amp 11s to the amp 13
I preferred amp13 over any other, including EXN. But now im hoocked to the 11.2s as im loving the wet, crispy detail and punch of the sound.
Like @samandhi said, everything depands on the synergy and mood you are in. I still think that the amp13 is a beauty and the most musical, but now enjoying the stock one. Until i will need a change:)

Jul 6, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #3,723 of 10,347
today i swap back to amp 11.2 because i feel guilty putting in cold storage from day 1.
Will try to burn in for a week and decide if i like it or not.

Comparing to amp13 , amp 11.2 sound much more brighter giving me an impression it is more 'detail' and more énergetic/aggresive'

I am still anticipating ibasso to release the next firmware which all of you claim to have even better SQ. (note i have never listen to stock OG firmware with 11.2)

Jul 6, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #3,724 of 10,347
I only ask because I noticed it had a separate battery for the amp, and I was wondering if it had a analog input. but I looked at the manual and It doesn't have this function. Thank you
Indeed it is uncommon to connect DAP and DAC as opposed to DAP and Amp. However, the iBasso DX320 uses Android OS, so you can output digital audio to a DAC (AMP/DAC as well) with it and let the DAC do the processing. A USB cable (OTG) or coaxial digital cable designed for this would be required.
Comparing to amp13 , amp 11.2 sound much more brighter giving me an impression it is more 'detail' and more énergetic/aggresive'

I am still anticipating ibasso to release the next firmware which all of you claim to have even better SQ. (note i have never listen to stock OG firmware with 11.2)
Ah that explains the bright sound. The OG firmware is less bright and less aggressive. But the reason it's called "magical" (one of the reasons at least) is that for me, the bright sounding firmware does not complement my warm gear. But the OG firmware saves it. Until we know how it's doing it, it's magic to me.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #3,726 of 10,347
My DX320 will not power on anymore. Nor does it show that it’s charging when plugged in. Dead. Any thoughts?

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:39 PM Post #3,727 of 10,347
My DX320 will not power on anymore. Nor does it show that it’s charging when plugged in. Dead. Any thoughts?
Hold the power button down for 20 seconds. I also had an issue with mine but it was/is the USB C and the charger but got it up and going with holding the 20 second hold and using a different USB c cable.

Jul 6, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #3,728 of 10,347
Hold the power button down for 20 seconds. I also had an issue with mine but it was/is the USB C and the charger but got it up and going with holding the 20 second hold and using a different USB c cable.
That did it! Thank you!

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #3,729 of 10,347
Im expecting Kann Max and IFI gold bar on friday and will be doing comparisons to the dx320. Stay tuned if youre interested:)
Really looking forward to it!
I’ve seen some hype around Kann Max but not sure if it is deserved or not 🙂

Jul 6, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #3,730 of 10,347
Im expecting Kann Max and IFI gold bar on friday and will be doing comparisons to the dx320. Stay tuned if youre interested:)
I've been using both the Go Gold and standard Go over the last couple weeks and I think you'll love the sound from the Gold based on your writings in here. I've written a review albeit a poor one in the gear section.

Jul 6, 2022 at 5:37 PM Post #3,733 of 10,347
I'm here boisssss :)

I got DX320 for 1 day now, updated to the latest firmware. No changes in sound due to firmware here. At least none that I can immediately tell, firmware install took over 10 minutes for me, so I may have missed it

Battery life is good, about 10 hours on analogue battery, 20 on digital on the first run, doing more tests to see if this sticks

Driving power on the default AMP module is insane, MUCH higher than what I was expecting

Was surprised to see that the max volume is 63, but I can't get past 50 with most headphones. It has zero distortion, but man it gets loud. Love the controlled, detailed sound.

Wifi / BT signal strength is super good for me

Firmware is really smooth, encoutnered no bugs so far.

Need to keep testing.

Default, with the default AMP module, it is an instant top DAP. Need to compare directly, but will include comparisons with DX300, SE180, SP2000T, and if you have more to request please let me know what you'd like to see in the full written review I'm working on :)

Jul 6, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #3,735 of 10,347
I'm here boisssss :)

I got DX320 for 1 day now, updated to the latest firmware. No changes in sound due to firmware here. At least none that I can immediately tell, firmware install took over 10 minutes for me, so I may have missed it

Battery life is good, about 10 hours on analogue battery, 20 on digital on the first run, doing more tests to see if this sticks

Driving power on the default AMP module is insane, MUCH higher than what I was expecting

Was surprised to see that the max volume is 63, but I can't get past 50 with most headphones. It has zero distortion, but man it gets loud. Love the controlled, detailed sound.

Wifi / BT signal strength is super good for me

Firmware is really smooth, encoutnered no bugs so far.

Need to keep testing.

Default, with the default AMP module, it is an instant top DAP. Need to compare directly, but will include comparisons with DX300, SE180, SP2000T, and if you have more to request please let me know what you'd like to see in the full written review I'm working on :)
Maybe include Kann Max if you will have an opportunity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back