DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:43 PM Post #3,256 of 10,348
Hi
Is someone there using Apple music on the DX320? Just to know if there's problems with it and if it sound fine?
And same for me, no issues with DX320 nor with DX300... It's not the good old time of DX80 :smiley:

I use Apple Music Lossless/Hi-res almost exclusively with my DX320, and it sounds great. No issues, I just installed Google Play from APKPure, then downloaded Apple Music from the play store.

The only issue I'm having is that I just upgraded to the AMP13 and the Wifi noise is a little annoying, but it goes away after a few seconds. This is an issue with this particular amp module though, and not the player. The default amp card sounds great with no noise either, the AMP13 just sounds better (I prefer the tube sound signature in general) so I'm putting up with the noise for now. Hopefully it can be fixed in an updated amp card design, because the sound is truly stellar.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 3:51 PM Post #3,257 of 10,348
Thanks for your feedback, I'm afraid that this issue with wifi can't be solved by a software update... I'm waiting my AMP13 but it's not a deal braker for me, most of listening is from local files.

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #3,258 of 10,348
Alright, who wrote that nonsense regarding need of 4 restarts after update is finished?
It actually really worked out lol 😂

I had to recheck myself with M17 - yes, the bass is not that tight and so is overall sound, but I can’t hear that bass dip anymore, only that overall tiny softness.
It’s day and night difference to what I was listening yesterday.
Kinda funny.

Jun 23, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #3,259 of 10,348
Jun 23, 2022 at 4:01 PM Post #3,260 of 10,348
I found this out, and didn't believe it but you have to restart the DX320 4 times after updating to the latest firmware. Just try it.
I saw someone mention that so I tried it, but I didn’t feel like it changed anything. Maybe I’ll do an experiment and update the firmware again to see if I notice anything different.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #3,261 of 10,348
Alright, who wrote that nonsense regarding need of 4 restarts after update is finished?
It actually really worked out lol 😂

I had to recheck myself with M17 - yes, the bass is not that tight and so is overall sound, but I can’t hear that bass dip anymore, only that overall tiny softness.
It’s day and night difference to what I was listening yesterday.
Kinda funny.
Yes, it should be in the directions and I didn't believe it but it proved to be right and glad I did it. But if iBasso did that, I would guess many would think it really out there but it works. I am enjoying the new FW every bit as much as the original now. Very natural.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #3,262 of 10,348
Is ibasso doing EQ in the firmware??
As far as I am aware they've gone to great lengths to ensure you get bit perfect all the way to the DAC.

Besides, they would have mentioned they've "improved" the sound with the new firmware if that were the case. They do publish the changelist. Why would they stealthy change the sound when almost everyone agrees it sounds great? Why fix it if it ain't broken?

Anyhow, the firmware sound changes idea comes from Sony players, where people did indeed hear those and it turned out Sony is doing a lot of sound processing in the software (upsampling, make it more "analogue" etc). And they did indeed changed some parameters between firmwares. But it's not the case here.

@Paul - iBasso could confirm this but I bet he has no interest in doing that.
As for your quoting me on integer math, you are right in your explanation, but what you failed to realize is that when going from an SOC, which processes at 32 and/or 64 bit (not 16 bit), you ARE changing the bits down. DACs process at 24 bit, so there ARE quantization errors..... Unless you have the actual masters, you will always have SOME quantization errors, and noise. But I am not going to get into a large debate about it. Do what makes ya' feel good!

You don't know what you are talking about. Makers HAVE done it, and NOT mentioned it in the changelist. I am not saying with surety that they did here, but you can't say for sure that they haven't. Since you have been coming here, you really haven't said much that is friendly. You seem to want to refute everyone in your comments about everything, and most times you sound smart, but you are wrong... Try being friendly now and again, and you might go further! You haven't really contributed anything useful as far as I am concerned....

/rant over <ignored>

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #3,263 of 10,348
Yes, it should be in the directions and I didn't believe it but it proved to be right and glad I did it. But if iBasso did that, I would guess many would think it really out there but it works. I am enjoying the new FW every bit as much as the original now. Very natural.
  1. Insall FW
  2. Restart
  3. Restart
  4. Restart
  5. Restart
  6. Stand on one leg while last reboot happens
  7. make sure your finger is up your nose before the "iBasso" logo comes up or you will have to repeat steps 2-6
Simon didn't say! :baby::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad it works for y'all though! :)

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #3,264 of 10,348
  1. Insall FW
  2. Restart
  3. Restart
  4. Restart
  5. Restart
  6. Stand on one leg while last reboot happens
  7. make sure your finger is up your nose before the "iBasso" logo comes up or you will have to repeat steps 2-6
Simon didn't say! :baby::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Glad it works for y'all though! :)
I am also glad it works, thank you.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:21 PM Post #3,266 of 10,348
As for your quoting me on integer math, you are right in your explanation, but what you failed to realize is that when going from an SOC, which processes at 32 and/or 64 bit (not 16 bit), you ARE changing the bits down. DACs process at 24 bit, so there ARE quantization errors..... Unless you have the actual masters, you will always have SOME quantization errors, and noise. But I am not going to get into a large debate about it. Do what makes ya' feel good!

You don't know what you are talking about. Makers HAVE done it, and NOT mentioned it in the changelist. I am not saying with surety that they did here, but you can't say for sure that they haven't. Since you have been coming here, you really haven't said much that is friendly. You seem to want to refute everyone in your comments about everything, and most times you sound smart, but you are wrong... Try being friendly now and again, and you might go further! You haven't really contributed anything useful as far as I am concerned....

/rant over <ignored>
Yeah, OK, people on this boards have very strong and fixed opinions. Except when they like a player then they never liked it. Or when the new firmware is worse then it's better.

Regarding the SOC, you are confusing the word size with data structures size. The SOC might be working on 64 bits but it will handle data on 8, 16, 32, 64 and even larger. Or bitstream.

I would normally add "trust me, I'm a software engineer" but people around here only trust their ears, that's why they imagine things that aren't there.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #3,268 of 10,348
BTW! How in the world did you discover this anyhow?
I read it somewhere, totally doubted it but did it and was very pleasantly surprised.

Jun 23, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #3,270 of 10,348
Well, good find anyhow. I would have never thought to do something like that.. LOL
Me either. I mean over time there would be restarts and I would assume I would think, wow, after a week this seems to sound better but to do it all at once is more definitive. I wish I understood the mechanism but this is software and digital stuff and I have no idea what is happening but for me, it is happening and in a good way. Now back to my headphones. :^) Listening to some Eva Cassidy. A songbird that had too short a life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back