DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Nov 11, 2022 at 10:03 AM Post #7,171 of 10,347
I receive my DX320, and I like it a lot; I love the sound it's warmer than my Fiio M15.

Things I don't like at all.
Buttons, every time I come close to the device with my hands, I now press the buttons and the song changes. Way too sensitive. Fiio Buttons are way better in this regard.
Even with the case way too sensitive, I know you can turn them off, but changing songs is a pain.
I am still getting used to the dual batteries. It drives me crazy to see one battery at 2% and the other at 50%. OCD at its finest. lol

Headphone outputs on top, not a fan, since I cannot put my dap on the stand, I used to charge it and used it. It forces me to put it in reverse, and the screen is always oriented the wrong way. If the screen completely flips over, it will be ok since it's not. I had to remove it every time I wanted to browse my library.
You can auto rotate screen, AndroidOS

Yes, sockets on bottom is a pain

Yes side buttons is too sensitive

Analog battery last longer so there is headroom for more. There are 2 mod modules that consumes more power which put analog battery to be as equally or drained more than digital

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #7,172 of 10,347
You can auto rotate screen, AndroidOS

Yes, sockets on bottom is a pain

Yes side buttons is too sensitive

Analog battery last longer so there is headroom for more. There are 2 mod modules that consumes more power which put analog battery to be as equally or drained more than digital
Wait, I selected the rotate screen from the menu on the quick access. you saying there is a way to completely invert the screen up side down?

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #7,173 of 10,347
Wait, I selected the rotate screen from the menu on the quick access. you saying there is a way to completely invert the screen up side down?
It rotates to one side not all the way upside down

Nov 11, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #7,174 of 10,347
@ibasso, if you can make the screen completely rotate, this will make it better. Upside down.

Nov 11, 2022 at 12:34 PM Post #7,177 of 10,347
It does rotate upside down, use neutron player
I found a better solution; the app on the link can do all of it, including the home screen and all other apps, So now I can keep my Dap on the stand while charging and can use it while using Tidal, youtube, etc.
Link below.
Rotation - Orientation Manager

Nov 11, 2022 at 1:09 PM Post #7,178 of 10,347
Yeah I was gonna say, there's definitely apps on Android that can help you flip the screen vertically.

Nov 11, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #7,179 of 10,347
Does anyone encounter that sometimes, the sound stops, even if the app (tidal) still shows paying? The only way to get the sound back is to unplug the headphone cable from the jack and replug it.

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #7,180 of 10,347
I receive my DX320, and I like it a lot; I love the sound it's warmer than my Fiio M15.

Buttons, every time I come close to the device with my hands, I now press the buttons and the song changes. Way too sensitive. Fiio Buttons are way better in this regard.
Even with the case way too sensitive, I know you can turn them off, but changing songs is a pain.
I am still getting used to the dual batteries. It drives me crazy to see one battery at 2% and the other at 50%. OCD at its finest. lol

Headphone outputs on top, not a fan, since I cannot put my dap on the stand, I used to charge it and used it. It forces me to put it in reverse, and the screen is always oriented the wrong way. If the screen completely flips over, it will be ok since it's not. I had to remove it every time I wanted to browse my library.
For sensitive side buttons, use a tpu clear case (on AE or Ebay), it does fix the issue.

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:24 PM Post #7,181 of 10,347
For sensitive side buttons, use a tpu clear case (on AE or Ebay), it does fix the issueI
I have a clear TPU case, but it doesn't help.

Any links?

Nov 11, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #7,182 of 10,347
So, the Dx320 isn’t the only player that has the latency lags issues. It also happens on WM1Z M2. The best way to watch movies is to use it with DC06
The DC06 is an amazing device and even comes with a 4.4mm jack. However I switched now to a Topping DX1 because on the PC, the DC06 stays at full volume and there is no way to adjust it. Even at 2% windows volume, it’s pretty loud. Although I miss the balanced connection and the DX1 is not so compact for my taste.

How I wish @Paul - iBasso would make a DC07 with in-built volume wheel !

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #7,183 of 10,347

Any links?
I've bought mine to a guy on Ebay, but it's this kind of case : Ebay AE
The one from Ibasso with Amp13 is more sensible with side buttons, with the case I own it's very hard to press.

Nov 12, 2022 at 4:30 AM Post #7,184 of 10,347

The Soft TPU Clear Case completely solves the sensitive buttons issue. I have to press firmly on the button with the case on. The leather case is simply a bad design.

Any links?
Here's the exact one I'm using: Soft TPU Clear Protective Shell Skin Case Cover for iBasso DX320 DX300 Music Player
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002099962793.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.44231802Jw7r1P

For charging, I always put it on a phone stand and charge it with the screen in upright portrait orientation. The phone stand's bottom isn't covered so charging is no problem.

For uneven battery drain, I simply look at the one that drains faster and forget about the one that drains slower. Ignoring what can be ignored is the key to mitigate stress imo. After battery calibrates, it will have 8-10 hours of play time from my experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back