DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #7,036 of 10,353
A couple feedbacks from using edition X as daily systems

1/ Leather case is nice and comfortable, but it makes the player a lot more bulky…thicker…longer…wider. Mostly is that it is kinda loose after a few time taking it in and out to swap amp modules. So, if you like to use the leather case. I recommend that you decide to stick to one module for a while to avoid taking it in and out. If you have yet to decide, don’t use the case.

2/ The player is designed for the phone outs orientation to be on the bottom. Naturally, if you use it inside a pocket, you will have a little uncomfortable feeling as you do not want the plug to go down to the pocket bottom. You will want it to bottom up!

From #2, you will want to use AndroidOS with screen rotation in case you like to browse around from time to time. Otherwise, if you are organized, you can use MangoOS with the player inside the pocket, the bottom up, and use side buttons. The side buttons on the X is nicer as the curves hides it a little better that you don’t accidentally touch it like the original (without the case)

So, overall, I think the X is a lot better to be used without the leather case. And in AndroidOS, do use neutron newest versions for the best performances

*Amazingly doing Upsampling 16X into 768Khz with Class A discrete and inside the winter jacket pocket, but only comfortably warmed up* and not burning hot. Can not say enough how amazing this is

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 1:21 PM Post #7,037 of 10,353
Scratching my head here, but the DX320 EX is the same internals as the DX320 correct. Am i wrong to think they should sound the same if not simular?
The only premium to my understanding is the case and tweaked base amp card? I ask this because i was reading somewhere can't remember where but the reviewer
gave an impression like it was a dramatic sound improvement over the regular DX320.

Nov 2, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #7,038 of 10,353
For those of you who have both the iBasso Dx320 and the IBasso Dx300Max, is there a sound difference between the two enough to choose one more over the other?
I am thinking of purchasing a DX320 but I have the DX300Max.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #7,039 of 10,353
For those of you who have both the iBasso Dx320 and the IBasso Dx300Max, is there a sound difference between the two enough to choose one more over the other?
I am thinking of purchasing a DX320 but I have the DX300Max.
If you dont mind the bulky form factor, i would stay with the MAX. Its just better sound wise.

Nov 2, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #7,040 of 10,353
If you dont mind the bulky form factor, i would stay with the MAX. Its just better sound wise.
I see, I was using from work to home but man, its so bulky. I am thinking of more portability now. I'm also starting to get annoyed with the charging situation. Starting not to like taking two adapters or charging individual when one section has more juice than the other or vise versa. I almost wish it was just a desktop dac that way i can leave it plugged up with out the tedious charging routine.

Nov 2, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #7,041 of 10,353
Scratching my head here, but the DX320 EX is the same internals as the DX320 correct. Am i wrong to think they should sound the same if not simular?
The only premium to my understanding is the case and tweaked base amp card? I ask this because i was reading somewhere can't remember where but the reviewer
gave an impression like it was a dramatic sound improvement over the regular DX320.

Chassis definitely can affect sound quality which was why there was a noticeable difference in sound between the different chassis materials of the A&K Ultima players.

Nov 2, 2022 at 4:50 PM Post #7,042 of 10,353
Chassis definitely can affect sound quality which was why there was a noticeable difference in sound between the different chassis materials of the A&K Ultima players.
I had no idea, I was under the impression sound changes may take place like in acoustics when the chasis can be described as a direct correlation with the sound. (like a speaker cabinet).

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #7,043 of 10,353
I had no idea, I was under the impression sound changes may take place like in acoustics when the chasis can be described as a direct correlation with the sound. (like a speaker cabinet).
Pretty sure that Twister 6 has had both the DX320 and DX320 X at the same time. I think he wrote a review but cant find it with a quick search.
At any rate, he's mentioned in this thread that he hears no difference between the two. Maybe you can track down his review (if he's done one).

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #7,044 of 10,353
I see, I was using from work to home but man, its so bulky. I am thinking of more portability now. I'm also starting to get annoyed with the charging situation. Starting not to like taking two adapters or charging individual when one section has more juice than the other or vise versa. I almost wish it was just a desktop dac that way i can leave it plugged up with out the tedious charging routine.
Slightly different angle....

I use the DX320 as mainly a desktop streamer/dac. Obviously SQ/signature is a factor of amp card choice, and whether they're feeding IEMs/headphones or used as a LO to other amps. I have the 320 perched in a tablet stand, cable cutouts on bottom make cabling neater. Also have a USB-C cable always close by for plug in overnight....then unplug when using during the day.

For portable use, if the form factor is too big, there's the DX170 or DX240 (or other manufacturer's devices). The DX320 X Edition is going to be similar sized to your DX300Max, and still be dual battery setup.

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:27 PM Post #7,045 of 10,353
Pretty sure that Twister 6 has had both the DX320 and DX320 X at the same time. I think he wrote a review but cant find it with a quick search.
At any rate, he's mentioned in this thread that he hears no difference between the two. Maybe you can track down his review (if he's done one).
@twister6 did a review of the DX320 OG on his website. Great read.

Posts #6928 and #7007 of this thread he mentions not hearing an audible difference between the DX320 OG and DX320 X for his listening when having both units at the same time.

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #7,046 of 10,353
Slightly different angle....

I use the DX320 as mainly a desktop streamer/dac. Obviously SQ/signature is a factor of amp card choice, and whether they're feeding IEMs/headphones or used as a LO to other amps. I have the 320 perched in a tablet stand, cable cutouts on bottom make cabling neater. Also have a USB-C cable always close by for plug in overnight....then unplug when using during the day.

For portable use, if the form factor is too big, there's the DX170 or DX240 (or other manufacturer's devices). The DX320 X Edition is going to be similar sized to your DX300Max, and still be dual battery setup.
I agree with you the form factor is starting to feel to big. I just picked up the iBasso DX170 recently for a little portablity which should help a lot, a bit slower UI but it is what it is. I do like the look of the DX320 though with amp cards. Sigh ... I feel im about to go back down the rabbit hole like all of us in this hobby. lol

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #7,048 of 10,353
IMO, edition X is actually pretty compact and portable. It has dual battery that no other flagship products do have in a portable form. Both Maxes are much thicker, wider, heavier, only shorter than the X
Is the DX320 a lot easier to charge and maintain with one charger or two like the DX300Max? Do you have any issues with digital running down before the other battery or vice versa?

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:43 PM Post #7,049 of 10,353
Is the DX320 a lot easier to charge and maintain with one charger or two like the DX300Max? Do you have any issues with digital running down before the other battery or vice versa?
One charger for both batteries works great. One battery will always run down first. That is normal

Nov 2, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #7,050 of 10,353
One charger for both batteries works great. One battery will always run down first. That is normal
I agree with John , one charger for both is great. It depends, but with stock modules, digitals will always run down faster than analog. There are some amp modules that can run the analog down faster than digital. It is to show case that dedicated batteries is really a 2 systems in one rather than just having dual battery just to have

Users who are viewing this thread

Back