DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Aug 2, 2022 at 3:53 AM Post #5,101 of 10,359
Aug 2, 2022 at 4:09 AM Post #5,102 of 10,359
My interest in AMP13 has been rekindled :)

He says 'its work in progress but sounding great so far'

pics nabbed from over at np
From looking over the pics, I would say it's a definite game changer, for the amp13 board.

New SMD&axial films replacing stock electrolytics at outputs, should rectify my own issues with "absolute clarity", and then those big blocks on left side should give expectations of greater dynamics, and finally the many replaced smd caps underside of board, should give even more refinements.
Overall, I would expect performance of final unit to be noticably elevated from stock.

Exactly!:
Screenshot_20220802-040806_Chrome.jpg
:)
Add a new path by clicking that plus icon in pic!

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #5,103 of 10,359
I finally updated the 320 today but Neutro doen't recognize my SD card, anyone knows how to fix it? When I go to Media Library > Sources > File System it only shows Internal storage... :sob:
I had the same issue and just reinstalled the version from the Neutron website and all was well. This lets you use the SD card as normal without going through the Scoped Storage file access API for Android 11. You can use the + method as others have mentioned to manually add a directory but I found that didn’t play nicely with the playlists I had already created. Reinstalling the APK from the Neutron website on top of what was already on my DX320 fixed it all and playlists are working correctly now.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:11 PM Post #5,104 of 10,359
I am going to share my audiophile dream with you here.

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

5 batteries (like Max), with the optional features to run off from external PSU

Improved super class A amplifications with polymer and foils capacitors. Using MUSE for IV and buffers

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

Passive - Liquid cooled back plate toward ROHM, SOC, Korg tubes PSU (custom made chambers and tubing)

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

*** feel free to add in more desires ****

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #5,105 of 10,359

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

Improved super class A amplifications with polymer and foils capacitors. Using MUSE for IV and buffers

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

Passive - Liquid cooled back plate toward ROHM, SOC, Korg tubes PSU (custom made chambers and tubing)

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

Perfect description of DX400 :relaxed: isn't it Ibasso? or 320 max

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:34 PM Post #5,106 of 10,359

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

How many times did you come when you had the dream???:smile::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sob:

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:28 PM Post #5,107 of 10,359

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

Add user changeable batteries, and your on to something. And if the amp section has op amps, also make those user changeable. I would add changeable tube modules but I don't think that is possible at the moment.

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #5,108 of 10,359

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

Seems sort of a N8ii & C9 together with a better screen and a faster CPU ... 🤔

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #5,110 of 10,359
Add user changeable batteries, and your on to something. And if the amp section has op amps, also make those user changeable. I would add changeable tube modules but I don't think that is possible at the moment.
Great ideas! Perhaps a solid connectors for batteries system will work out a lot better.

For example, the batteries inside DX300 is already with Ribbon snap-in cables

So a user friendly replaceable batteries is very possible

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:41 PM Post #5,111 of 10,359
User serviceable batts pretty much renders away ‘planned obsolescence’ by a manufacturer though. Probably 3-4 iPods around the house I could revive if I wanted to. Would be like a mini time capsule of the kiddos music.

Has changing the batts been looked at on the DX300 or DX320? It’s something I’ve thought about, as the 320 could keep my ears happy for a very long time….

Aug 2, 2022 at 3:49 PM Post #5,112 of 10,359
User serviceable batts pretty much renders away ‘planned obsolescence’ by a manufacturer though. Probably 3-4 iPods around the house I could revive if I wanted to. Would be like a mini time capsule of the kiddos music.

Has changing the batts been looked at on the DX300 or DX320? It’s something I’ve thought about, as the 320 could keep my ears happy for a very long time….
Pretty easy, only a few bumps along the process

1/ the glues in the back and the plastic plate will need you to work on it. But a YouTube video will solve it, and buying a liquid debonder , cellphone screen installation kit are required

2/ Need some basic screwdriver and a very patient mind set in order to snap in the connector correctly as it is very cramped

It isn’t Impossible to design a friendly user replaceable batteries system at all. Because Dx300/320 is exactly snap in, plug and play batteries

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2022 at 4:16 PM Post #5,113 of 10,359
Great ideas! Perhaps a solid connectors for batteries system will work out a lot better.

For example, the batteries inside DX300 is already with Ribbon snap-in cables

So a user friendly replaceable batteries is very possible

I know we are discussing "dream" machines, and that would suggest future tech, but with user replaceable batteries, that is actually going backwards in time. :)

You are absolutely right in that would ruin their (all companies) planned obsolescence. If it weren't for the fact that it is no longer compatible with cell networks, I would still be using my beloved Note 4 (the last Samsung phone to have a removeable battery).

I would like to see that mod; making the battery user replaceable. Even if one has to do it the hard way the first time, it would be a neat mod to come up with something that will allow future changing of the battery. I mean, yes tech gets better, but if you never use it for online it should be good for a lot longer that the life of one battery. If I had an extra DX, I would give it ago. I think I will be doing the DX160 before doing the DX300 though.

Though, if it is a good battery, it SHOULD last for a long time (provided one takes care of it). I have a FiiO OG X5 (2012) that still holds about 6 hours of a charge. But, I am not worried about that one. They put screws in the back, and a wiring harness on the battery, so it will be easy.

Aug 2, 2022 at 5:30 PM Post #5,114 of 10,359

Maximizing ROHM chips

2X ROHM

Dual Korg tubes

2X MicroSD card slots

SOC Snapdragon 780

AMOLED screen

it makes me dream too !!! if the hypothetical 320 max looks like this they already have a client with me 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back