DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Aug 1, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #5,086 of 10,348
I have SP2kT with the latest fw and in Tube or hybrid Tube/SS mode it still has random crackling. This is as random as some people reporting about them hearing or not the crackling with DX320 and amp13.
My buddy just bought a AK SP2KT a few months ago knowing of the crackling issue but he still didn't notice anything so far
At least that's what he says and knowing him he would otherwise returned if already a long time ago
But as you say you where one of the first, if not the first who noticed it
Same as DX320 / Amp13
Lucky ones and less lucky ones ... 🤷

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #5,087 of 10,348
Why would it be a dap? The app is just that, an app. It is not the obligation of a dap manufacturer to make modify their product to work with a 3rd party app. It is up to the designer of the app, to make sure it works with the product they want it to work with. That is up to them, not iBasso, or FiiO or whomever. IMO
Wow! Lots of people in here have become so argumentative and defensive over tiny things. You aren't wrong, and I wasn't saying that iBasso has to fix anything.

What I was trying to say is that it doesn't mean it is only an issue with the Neutron software. It could be the OS (being new with iBasso DAPs), or something that iBasso changed up, or a driver in combination with the current version of Neutron in comparison to other DAPs, otherwise it would work here too.

I never said it was up to iBasso to fix it, but that doesn't mean they aren't the cause of this tiny issue. iBasso aren't perfect, and do mess up once in a while. They DO normally try and fix it, but again none of this was the point to begin with.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #5,088 of 10,348
Wow! Lots of people in here have become so argumentative and defensive over tiny things. You aren't wrong, and I wasn't saying that iBasso has to fix anything.

What I was trying to say is that it doesn't mean it is only an issue with the Neutron software. It could be the OS (being new with iBasso DAPs), or something that iBasso changed up, or a driver in combination with the current version of Neutron in comparison to other DAPs, otherwise it would work here too.

I never said it was up to iBasso to fix it, but that doesn't mean they aren't the cause of this tiny issue. iBasso aren't perfect, and do mess up once in a while. They DO normally try and fix it, but again none of this was the point to begin with.
I’m not arguing with you. Just pointing out how I feel about this since I have seen some places that say that it should be up to the dap manufacture as well. So it was a general statement maybe I shouldn’t of even quoted you since it really wasn’t directed so much you and was just a general statement as a perceive it. That’s all.

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #5,089 of 10,348
I finally updated the 320 today but Neutro doen't recognize my SD card, anyone knows how to fix it? When I go to Media Library > Sources > File System it only shows Internal storage... :sob:

Aug 1, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #5,090 of 10,348
I finally updated the 320 today but Neutro doen't recognize my SD card, anyone knows how to fix it? When I go to Media Library > Sources > File System it only shows Internal storage... :sob:
Is it recognized by other music apps like Mango? If not then maybe check the type of partition on the card. If it does, then try to uninstall Neutron and reinstall. Those would be my suggestions.

Or are you saying that it recognized it before updating, but doesn't now?

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #5,091 of 10,348
Yeah I uninstalled and reinstalled again but nothing, then when I select the SD card doesn't let me use it and shows "can't use this folder", but it recognized my internal memory, so frustrating 😖

20220801_215858.jpg

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:02 PM Post #5,092 of 10,348
I’m not arguing with you. Just pointing out how I feel about this since I have seen some places that say that it should be up to the dap manufacture as well. So it was a general statement maybe I shouldn’t of even quoted you since it really wasn’t directed so much you and was just a general statement as a perceive it. That’s all.
Well I for one don't believe that the manufacturer SHOULD have to fix issues where third party software is concerned. Though I like it when they try and help, since android doesn't get bug fixes like phones do. Take the DX300 for instance. They didn't have to help UAPP fix/figure out the MQA unfolding issue, but they did.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #5,093 of 10,348
Yeah I uninstalled and reinstalled again but nothing, then when I select the SD card doesn't let me use it and shows "can't use this folder", but it recognized my internal memory, so frustrating 😖

20220801_215858.jpg
Is it mounted in the OS? Can you use the file explorer to look at the drive?

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #5,094 of 10,348
My buddy just bought a AK SP2KT a few months ago knowing of the crackling issue but he still didn't notice anything so far
At least that's what he says and knowing him he would otherwise returned if already a long time ago
But as you say you where one of the first, if not the first who noticed it
Same as DX320 / Amp13
Lucky ones and less lucky ones ... 🤷

There are options to work around RF issues. RF in a customer's home/apartment/condo is a crowded space now. It's why the settings are available on the router/WiFi system (but most are just set for auto-configure). This requires a user to 'peek under the hood' of how all this works, make some changes, or settle with the 'crackling' noise.

I've seen similar conversations in desktop tube amp threads from time to time. A common reply is 'don't put your tube amp too close to your laptop/monitor/router/LED wifi enabled bulb/wifi extender/mesh system/insert any wireless interference device here.....'.

It's not unlike what's happening in the public space with cellular network carrier's wanting their 5g equipment closer to airports....and the airports kicking back and saying NO....cause that RF interference is gonna cause problems of a completely different nature.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:14 PM Post #5,095 of 10,348

20220801_215858.jpg
Also, you could try taking the card out and putting it back in, rebooting, and/or unmounting/ejecting the card via settings. If it isn't found there it probably isn't the app but the OS that is having a hard time with it.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:30 PM Post #5,096 of 10,348

20220801_215858.jpg
I had the same issue with Neutron. It's caused by a new Androids 11 apps access management.
I created a new folder on SD card and copied all my music there . Then i had an access to the new folder and could perform media scan in this folder.
I know.. it's f**cked up but what cen we do.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #5,097 of 10,348
I had the same issue with Neutron. It's caused by a new Androids 11 apps access management.
I created a new folder on SD card and copied all my music there . Then i had an access to the new folder and could perform media scan in this folder.

That is what I'm doing but still doesn't recognize any song, I dont know if still reading the card (almost full 1tb) so I will wait a bit, thanks.

Aug 1, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #5,098 of 10,348
That is what I'm doing but still doesn't recognize any song, I dont know if still reading the card (almost full 1tb) so I will wait a bit, thanks.
IIRC there is also another version of Neutron that is for the new security in android 11. Do a search for it on DX300 thread. There should be a link to the official site with the files. Or at the very least might help, if your current task doesn't work.

Aug 2, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #5,099 of 10,348
I have the same problem as terco. I will try your method. Thanks.

Aug 2, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #5,100 of 10,348
Have you tried sending any log files to the developer
No, I should have, but they haven't responded to my messages when messaging them, thru their own links for issues.

But what he is asking is how can it inherently be ONLY Neutron's issue if it only happens on the DX320 with Neutron player, not on any other DAPs also with Neutron
Because it is normal for music player apps to update for compatibility to new players. We don't know if Neutron has issues with other new or old players.
What your missing, is just how different each player is. We have DAP players with R2R dac, wich also need special compatibility as well.
If all the other software players don't have any issues, there is no excuse for Neutron to need any special help from ibasso. It's up to them to fix their own issues.

Sorry, but it's not. It's actually does mean it's only with Neutron and DSD files. The "pop on pause" issue exists even when using native DSD files on Neutron, without upconversion.

Sorry but this is not the case here... ibasso may be able to help, because their dac chip is new and their FGPA system is proprietary, but it's not ibasso job to try waste time fixing Neutron compatibility issues, when all the other music players work without DSD issue. Neutron themselves give updates to new players they make compatibility, like when you read their last update was for Fiio M17 compatibility .

I know. You have to goto neutron settings (I forget which settings name, but it pertains to your music files source), and "not" select any existing folders or device or sd, which lead to dead ends.

You have to goto bottom of screen, and press the "+" symbol, to create a brand new path/ route to select. Then you start clicking the folders to get to your card. Once folder is reached, you must make sure to click the dot pertaining to it, to light up.

Your card or even internal music folder will not be viewable without creating a brand new path to it on Neutron.
I cannot show detailed steps now, as I already deleted Neutron from my device.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back