DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Jul 2, 2022 at 8:50 PM Post #3,616 of 10,347
Isn't the Fiio M17 supposed to be a power monster? If output power were my top priority, I'd probably put M17 on my short list. Maybe it's too big to carry out?
It's a huge DAP to carry but why not ?
If that's the ultimate sound I would go for it
Finally that what we all are looking for ... better sounding ... 🙏

Jul 2, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #3,617 of 10,347
Power doesn't necessarily equate to higher fidelity when there are other aspects to take into consideration - dac chip and amp capacitors.
I've tried the M17 back when I had the dx312EXN, and I've found the latter to be more musical and enjoyable to my ears, albeit the caveat of not having fully burned-in the M17. On the other hand, I was immediately taken back and impressed with the dx320 with its stock amp from right out of the box.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:06 PM Post #3,619 of 10,347
Isn't the Fiio M17 supposed to be a power monster? If output power were my top priority, I'd probably put M17 on my short list. Maybe it's too big to carry out?
The problem with m17 is that it loses with the dx312 even when not in DC mode. So as a dap it seems completely useless. Only powdered from the socket it shows it's full potential. And it's Fiio, I'm not interested.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:07 PM Post #3,620 of 10,347
Power doesn't necessarily equate to higher fidelity when there are other aspects to take into consideration - dac chip and amp capacitors.
I've tried the M17 back when I had the dx312EXN, and I've found the latter to be more musical and enjoyable to my ears, albeit the caveat of not having fully burned-in the M17. On the other hand, I was immediately taken back and impressed with the dx320 with its stock amp from right out of the box.
I've never heard nor seen the M17. Sound quality aside, is it as powerful as it's purported to be?

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #3,621 of 10,347
I've never heard nor seen the M17. Sound quality aside, is it as powerful as it's purported to be
It is the most "powerful" and "intense" sounding dap I've heard when in DC mode. It's as if you can feel the constant wattage putting pressure into ears.
Personally I found it a bit fatiguing (and I primarily listen to electronic music), but I can see how beneficial it could be for powering hard-to-drive headphones.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:16 PM Post #3,624 of 10,347
It is the most "powerful" and "intense" sounding dap I've heard when in DC mode. It's as if you can feel the constant wattage putting pressure into ears.
Personally I found it a bit fatiguing (and I primarily listen to electronic music), but I can see how beneficial it could be for powering hard-to-drive headphones
More curious about it's power when it's NOT plugged in.

To be honest, the THX designed amplifier was off putting to me from the jump. But was always curious just how powerful it really is as a portable/transportable.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #3,625 of 10,347
I blindly guess that the stock dx320 with original firmware is better than the m17.
I'm now listening the dx320 and with my monarchs 2 it's on par with the M9. It's an experience, not just casual listening. It's beautiful in every regard.
I don't doubt that the 320 is the better sounding player. Just curious about the output power.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #3,626 of 10,347

To be honest, the THX designed amplifier was off putting to me from the jump. But was always curious just how powerful it really is as a portable/transportable.
M17 with my Mest was a huge sound quality raise. Unfortunately it's too heavy and the outputs are on top side of the player so it's very annoying while i use it in USB DAC with the reversed screen. I switched to the dx320 for these 2 specific reasons.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #3,628 of 10,347

It drove my hd800s normally at 40 out of 120 on the knob. Too powerful for nothing. A heat brick

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #3,629 of 10,347
I'm listening to the Rammstein for 1h already and i hate this group. That means something... The presentation is flawless, it's soo even and well balanced that I'm speechless. It's a wall of amazingly detailed and dynamic sound that I'm collecting my jaw from the floor.

Jul 2, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #3,630 of 10,347
I'm listening to the Rammstein for 1h already and i hate this group. That means something... The presentation is flawless, it's soo even and well balanced that I'm speechless. It's a wall of amazingly detailed and dynamic sound that I'm collecting my jaw from the floor.
Have you tried the Mest with dx320. I'm scared to blind buy the monarch mkii

Users who are viewing this thread

Back