DX320 ROHM dac chips, Android 11, AMP11MK2s. *******NEW FW: 2.07*******
Apr 30, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #347 of 10,346
I guess I should add that the interface is also snappier than with the DX300, in both Android and Mango modes.

Just set it to run for an hour on Mango at normal listening level. I'll let you know what the percentage drop is @German Expat in Vietnam
Same SOC, you can root it and grand over clocking if needed for UI stuff if being snappy and responsive is your goal :wink:

May I know if it get warm or hot at all ?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 12:07 PM Post #348 of 10,346
I hope there will be comparison between WM1AM2 and DX320 soon.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #351 of 10,346
With 16/44.1 files and IEMs the play time is around 10 hours unless the screen is used a lot. The DX320 gets slightly warmer than the DX300 but not much. With DSD about the same, a little warmer but almost not noticeable.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 30, 2022 at 1:16 PM Post #353 of 10,346
I finally got some more listening time in with the DX320 and, this time, compared to the DX300. I upgraded my IEMs to the IT05. The IT07 are too popular so we didn't have any on hand for demoing. Spoiler: Impressions are similar to @ExpatinJapan.

I find that this DAP with the ROHM chipset is on the warmer side of neutral. So, an organic, natural-ish presentation. On my reference track Solid Air by John Martyn, all instruments and Martyn's tenor voice were placed correctly and succinctly in the soundstage, which was wider and less in my head than other IEM experiences. I used this track to tune our latest power amplifier upgrades and the DX320 presented it more realistically than the DX300. Note attack and decay were both very good. Overall I would agree that the DX320 has a richer, denser sound than the DX300. On the version we received there are only two filter settings and I tended to prefer the fast rolloff for complicated music. Soundstage is wider and deeper than the DX300 (both using the AMP11 MK2, I think). I would say the DX320 has a more relaxed, less analytical sound than the DX300. Maybe micro detail freaks would be unimpressed but I found the DX320 to suit my tastes. I found the DX320 lends a lovely glow to performances that I haven't found from other sources.
Thank you for this. Do you notice any difference in the volume knob? Is firmer in the dx320? My only complain in DX300 is that is very easy to change the volume accidentally. Sure, you can block the knob with the software but is not the perfect solution for me.

Apr 30, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #355 of 10,346
Since it's the same SOC i really hope the 300 get's the Android 11 too. Prety sure it would be even easyer for Ibasso too than having to support both Android versions
Yes, but I don't have a date for it right now.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 30, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #356 of 10,346
Apr 30, 2022 at 6:12 PM Post #357 of 10,346
I finally got some more listening time in with the DX320 and, this time, compared to the DX300. I upgraded my IEMs to the IT05. The IT07 are too popular so we didn't have any on hand for demoing. Spoiler: Impressions are similar to @ExpatinJapan.

I find that this DAP with the ROHM chipset is on the warmer side of neutral. So, an organic, natural-ish presentation. On my reference track Solid Air by John Martyn, all instruments and Martyn's tenor voice were placed correctly and succinctly in the soundstage, which was wider and less in my head than other IEM experiences. I used this track to tune our latest power amplifier upgrades and the DX320 presented it more realistically than the DX300. Note attack and decay were both very good. Overall I would agree that the DX320 has a richer, denser sound than the DX300. On the version we received there are only two filter settings and I tended to prefer the fast rolloff for complicated music. Soundstage is wider and deeper than the DX300 (both using the AMP11 MK2, I think). I would say the DX320 has a more relaxed, less analytical sound than the DX300. Maybe micro detail freaks would be unimpressed but I found the DX320 to suit my tastes. I found the DX320 lends a lovely glow to performances that I haven't found from other sources.

Agreed.
‘Organic,…natural, ...rich,…dense.’

Well done and thanks

*the demo unit i tried also had only two filter settings

Apr 30, 2022 at 6:19 PM Post #358 of 10,346
the demo unit i tried also had only two filter settings
Consistent with ROHM DACs in N8ii, only two filter settings - slow or fast roll off.

Apr 30, 2022 at 6:27 PM Post #360 of 10,346

Users who are viewing this thread

Back