DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Apr 3, 2024 at 1:36 PM Post #766 of 949
Is there anyone else with a sizeable library that won't scan in properly in Android Mango player? You can check how many tracks have been recognised by scrolling down to the bottom of the "All Music" screen. If I'm the only one, maybe my unit has an issue and I'll need to return it.....

Apr 3, 2024 at 1:41 PM Post #767 of 949
Is there anyone else with a sizeable library that won't scan in properly in Android Mango player? You can check how many tracks have been recognised by scrolling down to the bottom of the "All Music" screen. If I'm the only one, maybe my unit has an issue and I'll need to return it.....
You have said it stops at different points in scanning. We would need an album that that isn't scanning correctly. We have tried multiple times here with a few different cards from Sanddisk to Samsung and another one with many files and they scan on both Mango and Mango in Android. If we can find out is causing the hangup in a full scan, then we can correct it.

Does it do this also when the albums are on the internal memory?

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Apr 3, 2024 at 4:07 PM Post #768 of 949
Is there anyone else with a sizeable library that won't scan in properly in Android Mango player?
I don't use mango player , so i didn't notice it myself. but over here i have missing files in mango too. But i do not experience strange scanning behavior like stopping at 10% or so.
Number of tracks in Neutron: 26.779
Number of tracks in Mango player: 26.730

I didn't yet investigate which ones I'm missing, since i need to compare the lists and that will be quite annoying.
It would be very helpful if mango player would have the option to create a scan log.

@Paul - iBasso : Also in Media Scan settings, there are two options called Skip Short Duration: one for below 30s , one for short size. "Skip Small Files" would have been a better name for the latter, instead of also calling it "Skip Short Duration"

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:32 PM Post #769 of 949
I don't use mango player , so i didn't notice it myself. but over here i have missing files in mango too. But i do not experience strange scanning behavior like stopping at 10% or so.
Number of tracks in Neutron: 26.779
Number of tracks in Mango player: 26.730

I didn't yet investigate which ones I'm missing, since i need to compare the lists and that will be quite annoying.
It would be very helpful if mango player would have the option to create a scan log.

@Paul - iBasso : Also in Media Scan settings, there are two options called Skip Short Duration: one for below 30s , one for short size. "Skip Small Files" would have been a better name for the latter, instead of also calling it "Skip Short Duration"
But what is a small file. I would think that a numerical number for the size of file would be more helpful.

I would bet that the missing files have a tagging error. I used an app a long time ago to go through all my files and it corrected any issues and everything scans now, in Android or pure Mango.

Apr 3, 2024 at 4:43 PM Post #770 of 949
But what is a small file. I would think that a numerical number for the size of file would be more helpful.

I would bet that the missing files have a tagging error. I used an app a long time ago to go through all my files and it corrected any issues and everything scans now, in Android or pure Mango.
Agree. Sometimes even a single "font, character, or symbol" in the file tag can result in a scanning error. Can't explain why some Apps will scan and others will not. Maybe some APPs have a larger "library" of characters that they recognize and sort by?

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:03 PM Post #771 of 949
Agree. Sometimes even a single "font, character, or symbol" in the file tag can result in a scanning error. Can't explain why some Apps will scan and others will not. Maybe some APPs have a larger "library" of characters that they recognize and sort by?
That sounds plausible.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:14 PM Post #772 of 949
That's in the description (smaller then 500kb)
I just find it strange that they both are called "short duration"
IMG_20240403_231358.jpg

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:16 PM Post #773 of 949
That's in the description (smaller then 500kb)
I just find it strange that they both are called "short duration"
IMG_20240403_231358.jpg
Well it defines the short duration, so I can see the reasoning behind the description.

Apr 3, 2024 at 5:50 PM Post #775 of 949
You have said it stops at different points in scanning. We would need an album that that isn't scanning correctly. We have tried multiple times here with a few different cards from Sanddisk to Samsung and another one with many files and they scan on both Mango and Mango in Android. If we can find out is causing the hangup in a full scan, then we can correct it.

Does it do this also when the albums are on the internal memory?
It's a 1tb SD card with over 500gb of albums on it. I can't transfer all these to the internal memory. How do I find out which album/file is crashing Mango player?

Apr 3, 2024 at 8:13 PM Post #776 of 949
It's a 1tb SD card with over 500gb of albums on it. I can't transfer all these to the internal memory. How do I find out which album/file is crashing Mango play
It's tedious but you could do like this:
Start with half. So 250gb
Still hanging? Then empty and Then half again. 125gb.
Repeat halving Until you have a part that reliably scans. Then gradually add from the other part. Until it hangs again. At that moment you probably can determine the faulty ones.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #777 of 949
Ok, just looking into this further....what format should the Micro SD card be in? I thought I'd formatted it to Fat32, but it's exFAT. I've checked the DX260 User Manual and it doesn't specify a format......

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:32 PM Post #778 of 949
Help me please!
Mine arrived yesterday. My last DAP was/is also an iBasso but it had no internal memory and relied upon micro SD only, probably a eight or nine years old or close to that .
I use a MacBook Pro to burn CDs and then transfer them to via Wifi to my Aurender W20 using the external CD drive Apple sells and using a free-ware program called "Phile Audio".
I tried this combo last night with no success transferring the files to the DX260. I then read that if using a Mac, you need to download Android File Transfer. I dd. This time I was able to transfer files to the Android OS and I thought I had transferred them to the Mango OS too. They appeared as files in both places. But they would not play. Everything I tried resulted in no music or "can't open file" messages.
Also, I found it interesting that even though with Android File Transfer the files went to the DX260 hard drive, the DX260 never did appear as a connected device to my MBP!
This morning I pulled the ancient micro SC card out of my ancient iBasso and plugged it into the DX260. The files were shown in Android but same exact thing-could not get them to play and would get "can't open file" messages.
Then I tried to play the same files using Mango and voila-music. Finally something.
I have lots of questions.
1) Would I be better off burning my many CD's using a PC rather than my Mac? (I do have both).
2) I like having a CD burning software program where you can specify your destination so that you don't have to manually drag and drop files from laptop to device (DX260).
What do I need to do to make that happen? Is there a better CD burning program (I will pay for one).
3) I have read Mango sounds better anyway. Should I just ditch Android and stick to playing music back with Mango?
4) I have an active Qobuz account. But when I pulled Qobuz up on the DX260 and signed it it showed me as an account holder and then bizarrely gave me a message that my Qobuz account had expired. What? Not true with my iPad and MBP streaming Qobuz just fine.
5) Not unique to the DX260 but I have never been successful at moving songs into subfiles when the entire CD does not transfer as a separate folder. What is the danged trick to doing that? I tried creating new folders on the DX260 but there seems to be no way with Phile or with the DX260 to move music files in and out of subfolders. I had this
Any help, even if only to one of my questions would be most appreciated.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #779 of 949
Help me please!
Mine arrived yesterday. My last DAP was/is also an iBasso but it had no internal memory and relied upon micro SD only, probably a eight or nine years old or close to that .
I use a MacBook Pro to burn CDs and then transfer them to via Wifi to my Aurender W20 using the external CD drive Apple sells and using a free-ware program called "Phile Audio".
I tried this combo last night with no success transferring the files to the DX260. I then read that if using a Mac, you need to download Android File Transfer. I dd. This time I was able to transfer files to the Android OS and I thought I had transferred them to the Mango OS too. They appeared as files in both places. But they would not play. Everything I tried resulted in no music or "can't open file" messages.
Also, I found it interesting that even though with Android File Transfer the files went to the DX260 hard drive, the DX260 never did appear as a connected device to my MBP!
This morning I pulled the ancient micro SC card out of my ancient iBasso and plugged it into the DX260. The files were shown in Android but same exact thing-could not get them to play and would get "can't open file" messages.
Then I tried to play the same files using Mango and voila-music. Finally something.
I have lots of questions.
1) Would I be better off burning my many CD's using a PC rather than my Mac? (I do have both).
2) I like having a CD burning software program where you can specify your destination so that you don't have to manually drag and drop files from laptop to device (DX260).
What do I need to do to make that happen? Is there a better CD burning program (I will pay for one).
3) I have read Mango sounds better anyway. Should I just ditch Android and stick to playing music back with Mango?
4) I have an active Qobuz account. But when I pulled Qobuz up on the DX260 and signed it it showed me as an account holder and then bizarrely gave me a message that my Qobuz account had expired. What? Not true with my iPad and MBP streaming Qobuz just fine.
5) Not unique to the DX260 but I have never been successful at moving songs into subfiles when the entire CD does not transfer as a separate folder. What is the danged trick to doing that? I tried creating new folders on the DX260 but there seems to be no way with Phile or with the DX260 to move music files in and out of subfolders. I had this
Any help, even if only to one of my questions would be most appreciated.
I use a MBP and no issues. I have an external Apple CD drive that I have used to make files of the on the computer and then pop in a micro card and load them onto the card. I use up to 1tb cards. Works fine with the DX260, no issues.

Apr 4, 2024 at 2:54 PM Post #780 of 949
Ok, just looking into this further....what format should the Micro SD card be in? I thought I'd formatted it to Fat32, but it's exFAT. I've checked the DX260 User Manual and it doesn't specify a format......
ExFat or Fat32 work. I have use both and no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back