DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Mar 10, 2024 at 11:55 PM Post #695 of 865
It has never locked up for me. Do you have any idea when it happens?

I actually haven't had that happen since updating the firmware. It was happening at random times, but mostly when turning it on, it would lock up shorly after booting into Android.

I'm just curious what filters you guys are liking? I'm mainly jumping around between fast, slow, and NOS depending on the IEMs. And what about fir output? I turned mine off and almost thought things sounded a bit more natural, but that's hardly scientific.

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:08 AM Post #696 of 865
There are 3 elements at play, and this will be easier for people who seeks similar knowledge out of curiosity

1/ How Memory works and how binary data can be stored, accessed, and recovered

2/ How digital music works

3/ What is rogue voltage, accessing voltage, and voltage errors

Just as soon as people who are curious about why would a memory card could affect the sound performances, they should seek all of those from Google and by using/reading/comprehend from many different sources and materials, then they will satisfy their curiosity

But my advise is that, if you don’t hear the differences, or can tell it, save yourself some time, may be some headache , and most of all, the $$$. This has nothing to do with your hearings ability , it has a lot to do with experiences and the systems you are using (DAC/dap/cables/buds/phones…headphones…)…. Etc. Therefore, if you can’t tell the differences, just be happy that you are and I am also happy for you. Because trust me, you don’t want to be able to “tell the differences”.
Nah, makes me happy. :ksc75smile:

Mar 11, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #697 of 865
I actually haven't had that happen since updating the firmware. It was happening at random times, but mostly when turning it on, it would lock up shorly after booting into Android.

I'm just curious what filters you guys are liking? I'm mainly jumping around between fast, slow, and NOS depending on the IEMs. And what about fir output? I turned mine off and almost thought things sounded a bit more natural, but that's hardly scientific.
When my ducks are in a row I ALWAYS preferred filter 5 on the DX240. ( apodizing-linear).

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:10 PM Post #699 of 865
Got the dx260 in yesterday and love it. The sub bass seems to be opening up more as I burn it in.
I enjoy many songs from these artists but these are what I've enjoyed most on this
Sam gelliatry - Temple
Electric mantis - apollo
Majid Jordan - patience
Sade - is it a crime(imaging on the hook is tops)

I'm ok with any genre but I mainly enjoy micro details and unique sounds, if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to give them a listen.

Also wanting to get a warmer set of iems under 2k as most of what I have now are brighter and lacking a bit of bite and body when paired with the dx260, if anyone has recs for that too it would be much appreciated.

Mar 12, 2024 at 6:19 PM Post #700 of 865
Got the dx260 in yesterday and love it. The sub bass seems to be opening up more as I burn it in.
I enjoy many songs from these artists but these are what I've enjoyed most on this
Sam gelliatry - Temple
Electric mantis - apollo
Majid Jordan - patience

I'm ok with any genre but I mainly enjoy micro details and unique sounds, if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to give them a listen.

Also wanting to get a warmer set of iems under 2k as most of what I have now are brighter and lacking a bit of bite and body when paired with the dx260, if anyone has recs for that too it would be much appreciated.
An excellent match and something that hits way above, way, is the T3-154 ibasso. I am really surprised at how they perform. Big soundstage, excellent bass and layering.

Mar 13, 2024 at 1:06 AM Post #702 of 865
Sam gelliatry - Temple
Electric mantis - apollo
Majid Jordan - patience

Noble Spartacus is a great pairing with the DX260, could be worth considering. It is an amazing IEM.

Mar 13, 2024 at 8:57 AM Post #703 of 865
An excellent match and something that hits way above, way, is the T3-154 ibasso. I am really surprised at how they perform. Big soundstage, excellent bass and layering.
T3-154 iBasso will not give micro details. You need something with air up top in the 15K region. ThieAudio Hype 4 will give you this clarity, bite, body and a nice balanced sound for not too much money $399.

Mar 13, 2024 at 9:35 AM Post #705 of 865
T3-154 iBasso will not give micro details. You need something with air up top in the 15K region. ThieAudio Hype 4 will give you this clarity, bite, body and a nice balanced sound for not too much money $399.
You are using it with the DX260? That is not what I hear. The small cues of detail that add to realism for me are there. Especially with the latest FW for the 260.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back