DX260 Digital Audio Player, a New avenue to your music. Preorders have started. Easily replaceable battery. NEW Firmware Update! 2.02
Mar 5, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #676 of 971
The non-hi def Roon issue is probably on Roon and how their app addresses the system.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/is...id-for-daps-that-actively-support-this/247477
If you want a HiDef local streaming app, Hiby works great with every server I've tried it on.

As an aside, I'm not a big fan of Roon as lots of my files aren't tagged with meta data and I find it's bit perfect bytes a little bright/glassy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I have everything in my library correctly tagged and really like Roon for its integration, so would love for this to work correctly. Roons output has always sounded very good to me, but i can understand your brightness remark.

Mar 5, 2024 at 8:19 PM Post #677 of 971
I have everything in my library correctly tagged and really like Roon for its integration, so would love for this to work correctly. Roons output has always sounded very good to me, but i can understand your brightness remark.
I get that as well but no problem using 2 servers in the same system. Try minimserver and the Hiby app.

Mar 6, 2024 at 8:59 AM Post #680 of 971
Does the Hiby app work on UPnP mode? I'am perhaps blind but I didn't find it in the parameters.
When you select music (notes on top) slide the category bar to the left to find 'private cloud' as the last category on the right, select DLNA/LAN and search.

Mar 6, 2024 at 12:31 PM Post #682 of 971
Áfter some more playing around , i have noticed the following issues:
- usb dac mode: charging mode on or off makes no difference for me, it doesn't charge when in usb dac mode (connected with the packaged usb cable to a windows 11 laptop)
- usb dac mode: playing a dsd file with roon over asio terminates the connection to the dx260 (used beatles white album dff ), playing al other non dsd sampling rates fine
- usb dac mode: not really an issue, but i find it inconvenient that there is no sampling rate showing anywhere when using usb dac mode.

To end on a positive note: i do really like the sound of this one!

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 12:51 PM Post #683 of 971
Áfter some more playing around , i have noticed the following issues:
- usb dac mode: charging mode on or off makes no difference for me, it doesn't charge when in usb dac mode (connected with the packaged usb cable to a windows 11 laptop)
- usb dac mode: playing a dsd file with roon terminates the connection to the dx260 (used beatles white album dff ), playing al other non dsd sampling rates fine
- usb dac mode: not really an issue, but i find it inconvenient that there is no sampling rate showing anywhere when using usb dac mode.

To end on a positive note: i do really like the sound of this one!

For me, it does charge if I select charging mode on. I don't use it personally, just to help keep the device cool and the battery healthy. Also, if you use usb dac mode with "charging on" while you are already at 100%, the device becomes powered by USB rather than the battery. This is according to ibasso and my Minisopuro usb hub which has a watt meter. Up until the 100%, it is powered entirely by battery. Is your USB port a 2.0?

And yeah I also find it weird that there isn't any sample rate indicator ANYWHERE. If you're in dap/android mode, you at least get the sample rate in the notification area at the top of the screen. It's my only device that doesn't have at least an indicator light. And of course it doesn't need one, if it just puts the sample rate on the display somewhere. Not a big deal at all, but seems like something they could easily add. But I know exactly squat about this stuff lol.

I'm really loving mine as well despite this, since I don't use it as a usb dac too often.

Edit - Sometimes the DX260 locks up on me and I have to hard reboot it by holding the power button. Anyone else?

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #684 of 971
I have tried usb 2.0 and usb 3.2 gen 1 ports but same result on both. It charges correctly before i activate usb dac mode, after activation charging turns off (charging toggle makes no difference). Battery was around 40% so should have charged (like it does before i activate usb dac mode). For me usb dac mode is quite important since i use it at work like that.

Yes the sample rate thing is just a very strange oversight, but i think same is true for the entire mango player, i miss a lot of features . i cant even sort albums on release year? or any other way of sorting? i guess i'm really spoiled by the filtering and sorting options in roon.

The battery life is really good on it though and the black background is sooooo nice. Maybe they should outsource all software development and concentrate on hardware only.. :)

update: usb charging works correctly when i use a usb hub instead of plugging in directly!

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2024 at 1:50 AM Post #685 of 971
The Matrix.
IMG_20240307_160325-wm-46147.5_watermarked.jpg

Review in progress.

Mar 8, 2024 at 12:56 PM Post #686 of 971
New firmware Local update 2.02

http://www.ibasso.com/uploadfiles/download/DX260FW-ota-v2.02.zip

Change log:
1. Added Google Play and Gboard APPs. They are user deletable. (Android OS)
2. Added Bluetooth protocal selection (Android OS)
3. Removed some system APPs that are not useful in the DX260 (Android OS)
4. Recent Play view of the Mango Player now only display the 50 most recently played songs.(Android OS)
5. Rectified the bug of the Gapless playback. (Mango OS)

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Mar 8, 2024 at 5:07 PM Post #689 of 971
Local or online the air update?

Mar 8, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #690 of 971

Users who are viewing this thread

Back