DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:06 AM Post #586 of 2,804
To me the sq differences b/n the 2 is irrelevant,
First and foremost I wanted something portable with streaming to go out with Monarch mk2s
The dx300 doesn't even come close to my P6pro anyway😁🤣

Nov 25, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #587 of 2,804
Advanced MP3 players in UK has both the dap and leather case+faceplates in stock so i ordered.

:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: OMG - I just looked at AMP3 UK and the total cost for the DAP, Case, Plates and shipping works out at £930.99 :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:.

Factor in the cost of the AMP 8 module (for 4.4mm usage and better AMP performance) at £210 and the total cost equates to £1140.99. No Wonder people are choosing to take the DX300 over the DX240!!!!!

However - I got the exact same thing (With Import fees) on eBay from an iBasso distributor in Poland for £616.13. That's a difference of £314.86 cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/audioheavenstore

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #588 of 2,804
It was good enough to make me buy it, so..thanks..
Btw, do you think it's worth waiting for dedicated amp cards for this or should i get amp8..hmm
Advanced MP3 players in UK has both the dap and leather case+faceplates in stock so i ordered.
Glad you got enough information fromy review. Some readers wanted a more black and white opinion between DX240/DX300 but as we are finding with the impressions coming in it is not all that simple taking everything into account.

As for buying amp8. I truly do not know.
I am using it (amp8) myself mostly.

I do know i now regret selling my amp8EX as i did not think i might find a future use for it. I love the dx220/amp8EX combo. But the dx300 ui and battery life won me over. Sound was fairly close too…

And ampEX was always in the DX220 and the amp8 was in the box.

I do think (well hope) that the next amp is a 4.4mm that takes the best of the amp8EX and goes further.

(I do wonder how dx240 amp8EX sounds…)

I think i compared dx220 amp8EX versus dx300 in my dx300 review and found them fairly similar.

I did find the amp8 in the dx220 to be more claustrophobic and darker than when used in the dx240.

If you are getting the amp covers already and the used market of amp8 is cheap , it could be a bit of fun whilst you wait for the next dx240 amp…wish there was a timeline for the dx240 amp releases….

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #589 of 2,804
Glad you got enough information fromy review. Some readers wanted a more black and white opinion between DX240/DX300 but as we are finding with the impressions coming in it is not all that simple taking everything into account.

As for buying amp8. I truly do not know.
I am using it (amp8) myself mostly.

I do know i now regret selling my amp8EX as i did not think i might find a future use for it. I love the dx220/amp8EX combo. But the dx300 ui and battery life won me over. Sound was fairly close too…

And ampEX was always in the DX220 and the amp8 was in the box.

I do think (well hope) that the next amp is a 4.4mm that takes the best of the amp8EX and goes further.

(I do wonder how dx240 amp8EX sounds…)

I think i compared dx220 amp8EX versus dx300 in my dx300 review and found them fairly similar.

I did find the amp8 in the dx220 to be more claustrophobic and darker than when used in the dx240.

If you are getting the amp covers already and the used market of amp8 is cheap , it could be a bit of fun whilst you wait for the next dx240 amp…wish there was a timeline for the dx240 amp releases….
I think the same about the future AMPS for DX 240. So I'm still waiting for new AMPS to come with a 4.4 connection. And then maybe I'll put one for me on the way. Until then, I'm very happy with the DX 312.

Nov 25, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #590 of 2,804
:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: OMG - I just looked at AMP3 UK and the total cost for the DAP, Case, Plates and shipping works out at £930.99 :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:.

Factor in the cost of the AMP 8 module (for 4.4mm usage and better AMP performance) at £210 and the total cost equates to £1140.99. No Wonder people are choosing to take the DX300 over the DX240!!!!!

However - I got the exact same thing (With Import fees) on eBay from an iBasso distributor in Poland for £616.13. That's a difference of £314.86 cheaper.

I only got the cases here, the price of the dap is ludicrous and noone should buy it there, they do have discount codes, i used one for the cases..
Got the dap on Ali and its a good deal similar to yours.
Otherwise, for well over 1k id definitely buy something else.
But the faceplates and leather case I don't see on sale anywhere else at the moment

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #591 of 2,804

616 for dx240!? That sounds crazy to me

Nov 25, 2021 at 9:08 AM Post #593 of 2,804
re: 312 vs. 241.3
Just to be on my (listening) part, the difference i'm referring to IS the sound quality output.
Whatever chip sets they put on them are INDEED different.
Most folks, including me - honestly care less whatever Ibasso put inside them.
The proof is in the pudding - The sq is not much very far. I cannot put a number by percentile - otherwise I'd be obligated how I factor in that figure.
ie. If the listener is very concerned about stage depth ( a very important factor in holographic imaging ) the 300 wins - by NOT MUCH very far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back