DX240 DAP. DAC ES9038PRO - NEW: AMP8MK2S .****** NEW Firmware! 2.01 *******
Nov 28, 2021 at 4:34 PM Post #677 of 2,804
I have a dx220 Max I’m considering selling for something more portable. Trying to decide between this and the Hiby RS6. Has anyone heard both that can offer their thoughts? Unfortunately, as is the case with all audio equipment I buy, I don’t have the option to listen before I buy.

Nov 28, 2021 at 7:01 PM Post #678 of 2,804
I have a dx220 Max I’m considering selling for something more portable. Trying to decide between this and the Hiby RS6. Has anyone heard both that can offer their thoughts? Unfortunately, as is the case with all audio equipment I buy, I don’t have the
option to listen before I buy.
rs6 is much slower and warm.
Kind of sweet in vocal with great details.
However, the tuning is not suitable for everyone. If your playlist are mainly vocal and not those electronic music, rs6 should do a great job.
Dx240 is fast and neutral.
It pairs well with most iems.
For some iems(eg campfire), the bass will become too much and treble will become too sparkly. So, be aware of those very sensitive iems.

Nov 28, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #681 of 2,804
Nov 29, 2021 at 6:16 AM Post #683 of 2,804
Is this player better then kann alpha?
Yes, by SQ, by driving power tbd.
I tried the 240 on Empyrean, it maxed out. Unlike the 300 - the Empyrean sang on this device...

Nov 29, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #684 of 2,804
Yes, by SQ, by driving power tbd.
I tried the 240 on Empyrean, it maxed out. Unlike the 300 - the Empyrean sang on this device...
Same amp module? If so, it would indicate that the power available (voltage and/or current) would be different for the 2 players and no one should assume that amp modules in the 240 will have the same hierarchy as they do in the 300. A lower voltage rail could not only affect max output but also the amount of feedback, depending on how implemented which likely varies by board.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #685 of 2,804
Same amp module? If so, it would indicate that the power available (voltage and/or current) would be different for the 2 players and no one should assume that amp modules in the 240 will have the same hierarchy as they do in the 300. A lower voltage rail could not only affect max output but also the amount of feedback, depending on how implemented which likely varies by board.
Yeah, it's just the amp1 mkIII.
With the amp 8, should be more power...

Nov 29, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #686 of 2,804
Any compare the DX240 sound wise to a Fiio M11 Plus LTD or A&K Kann? Trying to find a good portable to pair with my LCD-XC.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #688 of 2,804
Any compare the DX240 sound wise to a Fiio M11 Plus LTD or A&K Kann? Trying to find a good portable to pair with my LCD-XC.
A&K Kann (discontinued) or Kann Alpha?

All you are going to get is opinions but best shot is to see if you can get a response from the reviewers who get a bunch of stuff to review. I know that Porta-fi on YouTube has reviewed all of those players. Maybe he can help with his opinion on the players ... for whatever it's worth.

Nov 29, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #689 of 2,804
A&K Kann (discontinued) or Kann Alpha?

All you are going to get is opinions but best shot is to see if you can get a response from the reviewers who get a bunch of stuff to review. I know that Porta-fi on YouTube has reviewed all of those players. Maybe he can help with his opinion on the players ... for whatever it's worth.
Cool thanks, was thinking Kann Alpha. But just trying to figure out best DAP for full size headphones, in my case particularly for the LCD-XC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back