DX220 Thread for software requests.
Jun 8, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #198 of 418
And why can't that option pop up when a usb is connected?

I rather agree with that.
Having QC3.0 support in DX220 I never connect DAP to charge its battery from PC usb with 500mA current, it is useless.
Only reason to connect to computer is transferring some new files, thus I vote for any of options, either having MTP mode by default or popup menu to choose.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #199 of 418
Would be nice if I could transfer files in Mango mode.

Jun 8, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #201 of 418
Then it wouldn't be a pure music mode with everything stripped away.

----

Using the Dx220 line out into the LTA Z10e stat amp to the Voce, and the sound is superb. If the line out didn't have the quality, the rest of the system wouldn't sound like these. Many recordings sound live.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:03 AM Post #202 of 418
In previous iBasso DAPs, it was implemented via USB Universal Mass Storage interface. But Google decided to remove UMS support from the kernel in Android 8.

The suggested replacement (MTP) is not so easy to implement in stripped down Android (Mango OS, I mean). The Mango OS is designed to have only one active process, dedicated for music: the player. MTP requires at least two permanently active background processes to share storage content: media scanner and MTP server.

Jun 9, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #203 of 418
In previous iBasso DAPs, it was implemented via USB Universal Mass Storage interface. But Google decided to remove UMS support from the kernel in Android 8.

The suggested replacement (MTP) is not so easy to implement in stripped down Android (Mango OS, I mean). The Mango OS is designed to have only one active process, dedicated for music: the player. MTP requires at least two permanently active background processes to share storage content: media scanner and MTP server.
Thanks for that info, now it makes sense.

Jun 17, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #204 of 418
@Paul - iBasso,

It was mentioned in the other DX220 thread that a new FW release is forthcoming to address and integrate the AMP9 module features, etc. With that said, and given that it might have some truth behind it, can we get an idea of what other items might be included with this update?

I would sure like to see these items included in this release or in the next one to significantly improve the UI experience (all have been previously requested by others or me):
1) Alpha (and numeric) skip forward/backward scrolling so we don't have to scroll up/down long list and hope to stop on or near what we are looking for
2) Under Artist listing have the option for either Album (currently the only view) or Song (how it was in earlier FW) - would make it much easier to find a specific song by an artist instead of having to go through many albums, etc
3) When returning to a prior menu/listing always remember position instead of going back to the top of the listing (more often then not this is what happens)
4) Incorporate the Android fix for the Album Artist property association in the Mango mode so albums associate correctly
5) Incorporate the Android search capability into the Mango mode - would be a great utility and it does appear most favor the Mango mode for sound quality (maybe it's just a perception that Mango mode is better - but then again maybe not)
6) Fix the incorrect character display issues I previously reported (okay - not a high priority since it doesn't really enhance the UI or affect sound quality but annoying)

Not sure what other requests/issues other owners consider as a high priority.

Best Regards,
Tim

Jun 18, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #206 of 418
My request still hasn't been fulfilled on 1.12.149.

In Genre, the sorting is "Genres/Songs". I might be the only one feeling strange if I finished one of Beethoven work then suddenly start Vivaldi in the next song because the alphabet is just right after.

It is easier to find Beethoven album in Genre = Classical than finding in Artist that consist of every album genres I think.

Why it can't be sorted as Genre/Album/Song up till now?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2019 at 12:49 PM Post #207 of 418
My request still hasn't been fulfilled on 1.12.149.

In Genre, the sorting is "Genres/Songs". I might be the only one feeling strange if I finished one of Beethoven work then suddenly start Vivaldi in the next song because the alphabet is just right after.

It is easier to find Beethoven album in Genre = Classical than finding in Artist that consist of every album genres I think.

Why it can't be sorted as Genre/Album/Song up till now?
Back on page 2 I requested additional options under Genre to allow sorting by Album or Artist - don't know if they are working on these or not. Let's hope iBasso eventually gets to all the request to enhance the UI, after all, finding the music we want to listen to quickly and efficiently is pretty important so our ears can enjoy the fantastic sound quality!!!

Cheers,
Tim

Jun 18, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #208 of 418
@Paul - iBasso

A small thing but...
When downloading FW OTA, the figure of i.e. 77.515Mb/79.455Mb has a bug

In the example above between 77.000 and 77.099 show as two digit so it seems the evolution is going up and down. Example how it shows:

77.12 ... 77.76 ... 77.98 ... 77.105 (from here up it goes ok) ... 77.206 ... etc.
So showing 77.012, 77.076 would be a solution

My 2 cents

Jun 19, 2019 at 2:45 PM Post #209 of 418
can we have metres like these please E79DB6C2-5622-4AF4-84B7-D13FFE9A0467[1].jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back