DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Feb 5, 2020 at 10:53 PM Post #10,801 of 13,478
is the Quad dac will functional as quad dac if plug with Low impedance IEM ? I know if plug with Headphone it will be fully Quad DAC.. CMIIW...
or need to work around like the previous V30 ...

Quad dac will always activated in all situations. It is just automatic high/low gain feature.

Feb 5, 2020 at 11:03 PM Post #10,802 of 13,478
Quad dac will always activated in all situations. It is just automatic high/low gain feature.
Noted...

quite a while, I tried V30 vs N5iiS... hmm... If my memory not deceive me, V30 had a bit more power, but quite gap in term of technicality...
well if at that time I satisfied with V30, probably it was a good move in term of saving... hehehe..

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 1:21 AM Post #10,803 of 13,478
I don't know the LG V50 but I'm not satisfied with the DX220's sound quality. Unlucky.
Music with vocals sound wrong.
DX220 is called "Reference DAP" but IMO it is far from reference. It doesn't produce the music as it is and dictates a certain type of sound profile. Hard to desribe. It boosts snare drums, recesses vocals and adds some weird high frequency grain. Apparently a lot of people like it which is fine. But DX220 is certainly not a reference DAP.
Sabre dacs are bright and at least dx220 brings out quite a bit of macro detail.
If this is how you hear it, and your dap is not defected. I believe Sony WM1A needs your atention. It is a lot more gentle and a bit warmer ans smoother. But you will loose out on seperation imaging and micro detail.
I personally like dx228 better. I feel it is technically superior.

Feb 6, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #10,804 of 13,478
Sabre dacs are bright and at least dx220 brings out quite a bit of macro detail.

Sabre DAC chips are not bright.
Particular the Sabre ESS9028PRO used in the DX220 i have heard in different other DACs from other manufacurers and they are neutral and not bright.
If your sound impression is bright, it must be your headphones or amp/headphone pairing.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 3:53 AM Post #10,805 of 13,478
Sabre DAC chips are not bright.
Particular the Sabre ESS9028PRO used in the DX220 i have heard in different other DACs from other manufacurers and they are neutral and not bright.
If your sound impression is bright, it must be your headphones or amp/headphone pairing.
I think i should have said brighter compared to WM1A. And i am comparing them with same iems. Compared to Sony, dx220 definately has more pronounced treble. But i dont think mids are recessed. My IMR Rah iems have planar to take care of midrange and dx220 mids sound spot on to me. Another factor that migh affect it, is dx220 has way better imaging and seperation. So treble feels airy and well presented for me.

Feb 6, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #10,806 of 13,478
I don't know the LG V50 but I'm not satisfied with the DX220's sound quality. Unlucky.
Music with vocals sound wrong.
DX220 is called "Reference DAP" but IMO it is far from reference. It doesn't produce the music as it is and dictates a certain type of sound profile. Hard to desribe. It boosts snare drums, recesses vocals and adds some weird high frequency grain. Apparently a lot of people like it which is fine. But DX220 is certainly not a reference DAP.
What makes a product reference. To me it has to be usable as a monitoring or mixing tool. Wich dx200 and 220 are more than capable of. While also doing more than justice too all studio recorings(placement and soundstagee are correct so is imaging) and thwy all sound awesome. Muse and Daft punk sound unreal on these things.

Feb 6, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #10,807 of 13,478
It should be possible. I think Youtube audio is 16/44.1
I finally got the YouTube app on the device and YES it it can output the audio stream to optical and be up-scaled by my CHORD DAVE/HMS. The only problem is that lip synch is way off making watching the music video annoying. Does anyone have a fix for the synch problem? I think this sort of thing happens with some digital TV monitors and a delay needs
to be dialed in to the video signal.

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #10,810 of 13,478
I compared v30 with dx220,
v30 is warm, 220 is more transparent has more details, soundstage especially depth, Overall DX220 is step up up then v30,

Feb 7, 2020 at 2:56 AM Post #10,812 of 13,478
What do you think is the best player to listen to music on the DX220 exclusively for sound quality?
Neutron but HiBy the people say that its working very good. I would like from iBasso to be able to manage the Mango Player from my phone like you can do with Fiio Music or HiBy...

Feb 7, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #10,813 of 13,478
Neutron but HiBy the people say that its working very good. I would like from iBasso to be able to manage the Mango Player from my phone like you can do with Fiio Music or HiBy...

Yes... it's the one thing I miss from my AK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back