DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #7,637 of 13,478
You should be able to download any released FW here: http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

Cheers,
Tim

Yes, I downloaded them all. But they're the OTA files (run them from the settings menu). You cannot downgrade this way. I'm asking about the .img files to run with android tool to get me back to the original firmware.

Not tried the B and W PX,although I have them. But have connected Beyer Dynamic Amiron. The headphones tell me it’s an aptxhd connection...and it sounds like it too! The Amiron do not give you this notification unless that codec is being used I am told that you can check the Bluetooth connection in Developer Options but my 220 does not have this option for some reason I.e developer options doesn’t exist on my device.

PX is great, no P9 but a respectable headphone for traveling no doubt. It seems then that the DX220 uses AptX HD (I agree it sounds like it) after all? I talked to @Paul - iBasso a few weeks ago and he didn't seem to think AptX HD was supported. Others on this thread have also indicated its not supported. And yet, it seems to be there!

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:42 PM Post #7,638 of 13,478
Yes, I downloaded them all. But they're the OTA files (run them from the settings menu). You cannot downgrade this way. I'm asking about the .img files to run with android tool to get me back to the original firmware.

PX is great, no P9 but a respectable headphone for traveling no doubt. It seems then that the DX220 uses AptX HD (I agree it sounds like it) after all? I talked to @Paul - iBasso a few weeks ago and he didn't seem to think AptX HD was supported. Others on this thread have also indicated its not supported. And yet, it seems to be there!
Check the first post on the first page of this thread from Paul - has a few links including at least one of the img files.

Hope this helps. If not, hopefully Paul can provide what you need.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 22, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #7,639 of 13,478
Yes,I have been confused by this too. In truth most devices that support LDAC support apt x hd although it’s not a vice versa equation. I actually asked my supplier,Advanced MP3 and they didn’t know,couldn’t find what codecs were on the device,and asked ibasso but did not get a reply. So,all I can say is that it sounds like the superior codec. If I use my M11 with the Amiron Home and select apt x as the devices Bluetooth the Amiron gives no message. If I then switch the M11 to aptxhd the Amiron say aptxhd activated. When I connect Amiron to the ibasso I get the hd message..so the Amiron is reading the signal as Aptx hd.
And actually I think the PX is more than a travel companion. No,it is not the P9 but it is a mighty fine headphone which outperforms almost all wireless sets and a hell of a lot of expensive wired headphones. I am a little biased though,I like the Bowers sound signature and it’s not to everyone’s taste.

Aug 22, 2019 at 5:31 PM Post #7,640 of 13,478
A bit later as planned, but here's our very detailed DX220 review
https://www.headfonia.com/ibasso-dx220-review/

Nice review...but there’s a glaring error on page 4 you may want to rectify - the DX220 most certainly does have Mango OS in addition to the Mango Player in Android. Just like the previous iterations. Most seem to prefer the audio quality in Mango mode; main downside being that the Android Mango app has parametric EQ, while the Mango OS app does not. Hold the power button and you can boot into it.

(also, Android 8.1 is Oreo. Not Mango)

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #7,641 of 13,478
Aug 22, 2019 at 8:52 PM Post #7,642 of 13,478
Aug 23, 2019 at 3:01 AM Post #7,643 of 13,478
But they're the OTA files (run them from the settings menu). You cannot downgrade this way.
You can. OTA files from the site can be used to downgrade as well.

Aug 23, 2019 at 3:15 AM Post #7,644 of 13,478
Hey guys, just a question, will the COAX cable for FiiO (DIY, TRRS) will work with the DX220?

Thanks in advanced.

Aug 23, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #7,645 of 13,478
Hey guys, just a question, will the COAX cable for FiiO (DIY, TRRS) will work with the DX220?

Thanks in advanced.

I'm almost sure I'm using a FiiO coax cable right now at home when connecting DX220 to CMA400i.
Works fine

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #7,647 of 13,478
I'm almost sure I'm using a FiiO coax cable right now at home when connecting DX220 to CMA400i.
Works fine

That's great to know, thanks for the clarifying :D :D :D

Aug 23, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #7,648 of 13,478
Hi Paul @ibasso - any chance of getting USB DAC mode to work with iPad or iPhone? IOS says it draws too much power.
I don’t think it can do this,I think iOS is too battery intensive. I have The Beyerdynamic Impacto for use with their headphones,it works without a separate battery on android,but requires the supplied battery for iOS. So,I guess they built the impacto that way knowing how iOS interacts.

Aug 23, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #7,650 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back