DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 22, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #7,621 of 13,478
I'll give this a shot then and report back

Anyone know where to find the .img files for old firmwares? Can't downgrade via OTA, so can't do this full rework plan.

But! I just got a pair of B&W PX, and the DX220 is telling me it is connected via AptX HD. My understanding is that the DX220 doesnt do AptX HD, so not sure if this is real or not.

This happened after another reflash of the latest firmware.

Now, the PX will connect to my MPB with AAC, but can't get it to go to AptX yet for some reason. The DX220 still only connecting with SBC (not even AAC).

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:07 AM Post #7,623 of 13,478
i have also a "hardware" issue, if i can call it like that.
I just got AMP9 module and was going to assemble it for a burn-in session. I disassembled the stock AMP with no issues, but when i was setting AMP9 on its place, it went so hard.
It looks like the legs on my main unit are just 0.5mm wider than the grooves of my AMP9 module, so i felt like if i push it to the end i will never be able to disassemble it again.
So, i ordered some rasp-files to fix the legs.
Has anyone else faced similar issues with AMP modules?

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:39 AM Post #7,625 of 13,478
Are you on Mango OS or Android?

I tried again and it seems to stay in place when in Android mode but resets as you say in Mango OS. BTW, the folder browsing and back works fine in Mango OS :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 7:45 AM Post #7,626 of 13,478
So 99% of the time I use the Directory mode since it lists everything in alphabetical order. The bug (at least in Mango Mode) where the Artist listing is not in alphabetical order by Album Artist has not yet been fixed - I reported this in the FW dedicated thread very early on - until that is fixed I have a good couple of pages of Artists listed at the top before the actual alphabetized listing is seen. Anyways, don't want to have these comments taken the wrong way or as bashing the DX220 - as edwardsean so poignantly said it "nothing is going to move me from the 220"...

@edwardsean - thanks for the tip in the album view - I will give it a try tonight.

Cheers,
Tim

Agree, I understand negative gets out of proportion sometimes. I am very much enjoying DX220 and this is rather a minor convenience issue. :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 8:43 AM Post #7,627 of 13,478
I will ask again just to see if there are more opinions about, I would like to buy a new pair of IEM for the 220, im using an Andromeda S but I had a good deal to sell them so, for about 900$, I need some recommendations. I would like to have something more comfortable than the Andromeda S (I think they are more bigger than my ears can support), so any recommendation will be welcomed :)

Aug 22, 2019 at 9:21 AM Post #7,628 of 13,478
Agree, I understand negative gets out of proportion sometimes. I am very much enjoying DX220 and this is rather a minor convenience issue. :)

I agree with both :L3000: ...

The issue with the "go back and to top of list" its a minor inconvenience, indeed, it doesn't detract me from enjoying the music and I'm loving very much my DX229.
Just because its just an insignificant thing to fix (it is indeed) but somewhat annoying, shouldn't be a problem to include in next FW update.

Its taking some time since last FW update, so one of two things may happen as I would expect: 1 - iBasso is working hard on many other things (I won't speculate what) and this fix will come along with those; 2 - iBasso has no urgency to fix/improve those things and doesn't consider this simple fix to be worthy of a FW update by itself. @Paul - iBasso , the only thing I ask is please fix list navigation, specially in Mango OS, its my (and many others) only mode for the "excellence of DX220 sound quality". I don't ask for a search function or any other single new function, just make navigating the lists correct as you've done on album view on one of the fw updates. My 2 cents

Update: Now I'll be a bit nasty but its struggling my mind so ...

If this was a FiiO product, there would be a 3rd possibility, the one that made me sell X7mk2 and change to iBasso (I don't believe this is the case): 3 - XBRANDX is too busy working in many other new features nobody asked for and forgetting the basic simple stuff that makes you enjoy the music.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 9:43 AM Post #7,629 of 13,478
I ask all those who have purchased the modified AMP8 form. Is it worth spending $ 399 to have a modified MOD + AMP8? Thank you all

It depends on what MOD you are looking at ? There are different level of modifications. If it is Fidelizer mods and EX mod, then it is worth it. Especially, the EX modifications, all the components used on it are very expensive, and would totaled out to be $120-150 by itself, and that is domestic shipping within the US for components and parts alone.

Yes @Paulo Abreu , Mango OS is also my only OS for music. It is crazily good.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #7,630 of 13,478
It depends on what MOD you are looking at ? There are different level of modifications. If it is Fidelizer mods and EX mod, then it is worth it. Especially, the EX modifications, all the components used on it are very expensive, and would totaled out to be $120-150 by itself, and that is domestic shipping within the US for components and parts alone.

Yes @Paulo Abreu , Mango OS is also my only OS for music. It is crazily good.
Can you give me a link to the best current ROM to download?

Aug 22, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #7,632 of 13,478
I will ask again just to see if there are more opinions about, I would like to buy a new pair of IEM for the 220, im using an Andromeda S but I had a good deal to sell them so, for about 900$, I need some recommendations. I would like to have something more comfortable than the Andromeda S (I think they are more bigger than my ears can support), so any recommendation will be welcomed :)

Take a look at Dunu DK-4001.

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #7,634 of 13,478
Anyone know where to find the .img files for old firmwares? Can't downgrade via OTA, so can't do this full rework plan.

But! I just got a pair of B&W PX, and the DX220 is telling me it is connected via AptX HD. My understanding is that the DX220 doesnt do AptX HD, so not sure if this is real or not.

This happened after another reflash of the latest firmware.

Now, the PX will connect to my MPB with AAC, but can't get it to go to AptX yet for some reason. The DX220 still only connecting with SBC (not even AAC).
You should be able to download any released FW here: http://www.ibasso.com/down.php

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #7,635 of 13,478
Not tried the B and W PX,although I have them. But have connected Beyer Dynamic Amiron. The headphones tell me it’s an aptxhd connection...and it sounds like it too! The Amiron do not give you this notification unless that codec is being used I am told that you can check the Bluetooth connection in Developer Options but my 220 does not have this option for some reason I.e developer options doesn’t exist on my device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back