DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Aug 21, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #7,606 of 13,478
i'll give it a try.
I noticed that it happens when i change volume while i listen to music and the screen is off. when i press the power button to turn the screen on, it crashes.
If anyone from iBasso is reading, maybe it will give some pointers to the source of the issue.

I have the same behavior on my 220. Unfortunately, a factory reset didn’t improve the issue, though I think it is definitely worth a try.

Nothing is going to move me from the 220, but I am looking to iBasso for new firmware for this fix and a few other remaining issues.

I’ve gotten used to navigating Mango OS with album view always returning to the top of the list. It is in muscle memory by now, but it would be a gift to have it retain its position.

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:25 PM Post #7,610 of 13,478
Hi,
This link don't work ,cannot buy , do you have another link ?
Thanks in advance

Aliexpress
Search tpu dx220

Aug 21, 2019 at 6:27 PM Post #7,612 of 13,478
I have the same behavior on my 220. Unfortunately, a factory reset didn’t improve the issue, though I think it is definitely worth a try.

Nothing is going to move me from the 220, but I am looking to iBasso for new firmware for this fix and a few other remaining issues.

I’ve gotten used to navigating Mango OS with album view always returning to the top of the list. It is in muscle memory by now, but it would be a gift to have it retain its position.
150% - I couldn't agree with you more on the retention of position for all menus - including across power on/off. Yes, we do our best to minimize the impact but it is still a bit frustrating to have to scroll and scroll and scroll down and up long listings, overshoot and scroll back the opposite direction, to find what we want to listen to - but the reward of superb sound is worth the inconvenience & frustration. Let's hope this is fixed in the next FW update.

Speaking of which - @Paul - iBasso - it has been over 2 months now since the last FW drop for the DX220. Any hints on when another might be coming?

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #7,613 of 13,478
150% - I couldn't agree with you more on the retention of position for all menus - including across power on/off. Yes, we do our best to minimize the impact but it is still a bit frustrating to have to scroll and scroll and scroll down and up long listings, overshoot and scroll back the opposite direction, to find what we want to listen to - but the reward of superb sound is worth the inconvenience & frustration. Let's hope this is fixed in the next FW update.

Speaking of which - @Paul - iBasso - it has been over 2 months now since the last FW drop for the DX220. Any hints on when another might be coming?

Cheers,
Tim

Tim, just in case you don’t know, in album view, if you press and hold on an album it brings up a context menu. You can select play. If you do it this way, when you go back to album view the position is retained. I use this as much as I can, but it is also easy to accidentally press and select the album without calling up the menu. Then it’s back to scrolling and $%^&@!

Aug 21, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #7,614 of 13,478
I have over 1300 albums. Occasionally I select an artist,album,mishit and need to go back. I don’t go back to where I was, I go back to the beginning of the alphabet. It’s a small thing but irritating. And whilst on the subject why do playlists order the list alphabetically? That’s a nonsense. Playlists are your own album,your own creation,not to be ordered by the alphabet. Imagine Abbey Road track listed by the alphabet..

Aug 21, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #7,615 of 13,478
I have over 1300 albums. Occasionally I select an artist,album,mi**** and need to go back. I don’t go back to where I was, I go back to the beginning of the alphabet. It’s a small thing but irritating. And whilst on the subject why do playlists order the list alphabetically? That’s a nonsense. Playlists are your own album,your own creation,not to be ordered by the alphabet. Imagine Abbey Road track listed by the alphabet..
I'm honestly shock that this has not been fixed yet. Very annoying @Paul - iBasso . This has been requested many many times since the dx220 first came out. Seems like a very simple fix....:deadhorse:

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 9:28 PM Post #7,617 of 13,478
Tim, just in case you don’t know, in album view, if you press and hold on an album it brings up a context menu. You can select play. If you do it this way, when you go back to album view the position is retained. I use this as much as I can, but it is also easy to accidentally press and select the album without calling up the menu. Then it’s back to scrolling and $%^&@!

When I navigate in album view, it seems to stay in the location, whether I play by selecting the album or through context menu. Folder navigation (my primary method) is painful returning to the top, so +1 on needing a fix.

Aug 21, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #7,619 of 13,478
When I navigate in album view, it seems to stay in the location, whether I play by selecting the album or through context menu. Folder navigation (my primary method) is painful returning to the top, so +1 on needing a fix.
So 99% of the time I use the Directory mode since it lists everything in alphabetical order. The bug (at least in Mango Mode) where the Artist listing is not in alphabetical order by Album Artist has not yet been fixed - I reported this in the FW dedicated thread very early on - until that is fixed I have a good couple of pages of Artists listed at the top before the actual alphabetized listing is seen. Anyways, don't want to have these comments taken the wrong way or as bashing the DX220 - as edwardsean so poignantly said it "nothing is going to move me from the 220"...

@edwardsean - thanks for the tip in the album view - I will give it a try tonight.

Cheers,
Tim

Aug 22, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #7,620 of 13,478
I'm honestly shock that this has not been fixed yet. Very annoying @Paul - iBasso . This has been requested many many times since the dx220 first came out. Seems like a very simple fix....:deadhorse:
I have passed this on to our software guys and will see what they can do. It has been discussed before but I am bringing it up again to them. We will do what we can and I am not trying to make an excuse but we are swamped right now but will try and get to everything. We really to want to decrease stress so you, so everyone can just enjoy the music. Really.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back