DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 29, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #5,671 of 13,478
I had the opposite reaction. The AMP9 did not drive the LCD2's well at all. There simply wasn't enough power for the music I listen to. I'm going to put AMP9 back in again in another week or so, but for my headphones the AMP just doesn't have the drive. Even the Ether2's didn't sound good on the AMP9. However, all my IEM's sound fantastic on AMP9.
How is that the opposite reaction? The right amp for the right speakers or in this case, right headphones. I have the LCD2 but don't expect AMP9 to drive them and haven't even tried. Did you try the Stellia or the SR1?

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:43 PM Post #5,673 of 13,478
How is that the opposite reaction? The right amp for the right speakers or in this case, right headphones. I have the LCD2 but don't expect AMP9 to drive them and haven't even tried. Did you try the Stellia or the SR1?

LOL you're right, it wasn't an opposite reaction. I did try the SR1 with the AMP9 the other day when I was tinkering and it sounded great. Of course you're right about the pairing.

Jun 29, 2019 at 8:46 PM Post #5,674 of 13,478
Wow, the trashing of the N8 , atleast done in a suttle helpful way. N8 lost , SP1000 lost , Sony lost. The DX220 is the king of daps and doesnt cost much !
No man, the N8 is an excellent DAP. You gotta allow people personal preferences here, and IMO, the dx220, wm1Z and N8 are all on the same tier of performances. That is without pocket depth limitations. At this level, there are compromises and tradeoff, and you will have to judge the performances according to your preferences and the gears you are using it with.

King ? Even Trump has term limit :), so without the continuing of developing and researching to keep up, even a king of something can become trash. I see no signs of Ibasso being slowed down anytime soon, and for this, I am happy enough. Especially customer service as I have not seen anyone with a DOA unit that is not replaced right away as I have seen elsewhere

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #5,676 of 13,478
No man, the N8 is an excellent DAP. You gotta allow people personal preferences here, and IMO, the dx220, wm1Z and N8 are all on the same tier of performances. That is without pocket depth limitations. At this level, there are compromises and tradeoff, and you will have to judge the performances according to your preferences and the gears you are using it with.

King ? Even Trump has term limit :), so without the continuing of developing and researching to keep up, even a king of something can become trash. I see no signs of Ibasso being slowed down anytime soon, and for this, I am happy enough. Especially customer service as I have not seen anyone with a DOA unit that is not replaced right away as I have seen elsewhere

You can only trust your own ears. I have my devices coming next week, and am so excited to test this out!

Jun 29, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #5,678 of 13,478
More Impression plz.
What is the signature and ur thoughts about it...
hehehe
Impressions about the mug ?

1/ it signature has a typical Inox steel smell, and the sweat drops on the body with cold drink which is water vapor condensed around the body.

2/ the appearances is of a typical used steel items that is well used and worn out but still new. The coating is strong and is not easily scratched or marked, the build quality is solid, and the texture of the steel is very catchy, I don’t find myself being bored by staring at it one drink after another. It will make an excellent materials or chassis for a limited version of Dx220!

3/ the Mug size is portable, and neither large nor small, just in a medium-small size which is appreciated with a cold beer or cold wine (the best way to enjoy is to put both, the mug and the beer or wine into the freezer, then take them out and pour on to enjoy without ice). This size is also a perfect serving for captain black on the rock, or even ice coffee. The practicality and versatility is greatly appreciated

4/ Ibasso Audio Logo on the mug is a nice touch to remind me of my current favorite portable player , and more over, a company which would put customers and their enthusiasms before everything else.

Cheer!

:wink: fancy enough yet ?

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 9:35 PM Post #5,679 of 13,478
Impressions about the mug ?

1/ it signature has a typical Inox steel smell, and the sweat drops on the body with cold drink which is water vapor condensed around the body.

2/ the appearances is of a typical used steel items that is well used and worn out but still new. The coating is strong and is not easily scratched or marked, the build quality is solid, and the texture of the steel is very catchy, I don’t find myself being bored by staring at it one drink after another. It will make an excellent materials or chassis for a limited version of Dx220!

3/ the Mug size is portable, and neither large nor small, just in a medium-small size which is appreciated with a cold beer or cold wine (the best way to enjoy is to put both, the mug and the beer or wine into the freezer, then take them out and pour on to enjoy without ice). This size is also a perfect serving for captain black on the rock, or even ice coffee. The practicality and versatility is greatly appreciated

4/ Ibasso Audio Logo on the mug is a nice touch to remind me of my current favorite portable player , and more over, a company which would put customers and their enthusiasms before everything else.

Cheer!

:wink: fancy enough yet ?

Lol hysterical Vince!

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:01 PM Post #5,680 of 13,478
The AMP9 did not drive the LCD2's well at all. There simply wasn't enough power for the music I listen to, but it did drive the SR1 really well. I'm going to put AMP9 back in again in another week or so, but for my headphones, the AMP just doesn't have the drive. Even the Ether2's didn't sound good on the AMP9. However, all my IEM's sound fantastic on AMP9.

If what I know about Nutubes holds true for the AMP9, no one should expect it to pair well with planar headphones.

I love the sound of my Oriolus NT-1 (Nutube) amp but it just doesn't have enough juice to drive my T50rp mk3. It does ok with my Oppo PM-3 but they're more efficient than most planars.

Once my DX159 arrives (I know, I know; wrong thread but same AMP9) I'm looking forward to how it pairs up.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2019 at 10:03 PM Post #5,681 of 13,478
The sensitive Stellia is very easy to drive. I find that 70 on the dial with the AMP1 is very loud (with the gain set to medium). I'll report back when the AMP9 arrives.

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #5,682 of 13,478
If what I know about Nutubes holds true for the AMP9, no one should expect it to pair well with planar headphones.
I don't think I'd even bother trying planars such as LCD-2, 3 or 4 with a DAP. They need a beefy fullsize amp - especially the LCD-4.

Jun 29, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #5,683 of 13,478
LOL you're right, it wasn't an opposite reaction. I did try the SR1 with the AMP9 the other day when I was tinkering and it sounded great. Of course you're right about the pairing.

It seems like amp9 does just fine with full size dynamics but struggles to drive full size planars. That makes sense.

I'm wondering about IEM size planars (LCDi4s).

Jun 30, 2019 at 2:49 AM Post #5,685 of 13,478
I have no real interest in amp 9. I'm perfectly happy with my amp 8 and with all the pure power it provides. Just got in my pure silver cables for my etymotic er4xr and it sounds amazing on the dx220! Mind blown.

IMG_20190629_235436.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back