DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 30, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #4,396 of 13,478
New firmware has spotted in iBasso China website.Version now is V1.11.140
Is too late for me to try out, those in other horizon can give a try.
https://ibasso.cn/portfolio/dx220gjandroid8-1v1-1-11-140

Changelog: (Direct translate from Google translate)

Android update content:
1, modify the minimum screen brightness
2, add fast charge identification on the Android lock screen interface
3. Added support for wavpack (.wv) format
4, fix the MQA format 192kHz music has a noise problem
5, fix the problem of DAC mono output
6. The music information interface of the Android Mango player adds the function of adding to the playlist and deleting the current music.
Mango update content:
1, modify the minimum screen brightness
2, added support for wavpack (.wv) format
3, repair the MQA format 192kHz music has a problem of noise
4, fix the problem of DAC mono output

May 30, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #4,397 of 13,478
No , just a little too curious as into what it can do :). The good news is that I can definitely confirm that SACD is the best there is, regardless of what rate the DSD is, especially for analog recording and good ADC into SACD. While the regular PCM of any kind can see improvements with HQplayerPro into DSD512. Doing anything to SACD would just degrade it

Even if I converted it into PCM staying at 24 bits and 384 with 1 million tap lengths....it still degraded the sound performances in the end. I did this test to witness myself of the theory behind M-Scaler too

Finally, I found my answer. No one have to agree with me though. If you enjoy your music in any other ways, please do it. The most important thing is Enjoying the music

here is one vote that agrees with you.. of all the recorded media I own SACD provides the best digital platform to work off of. whether you are ripping to ISO or any other format SACD contains more information and therefore offers more in the end. thankfully there are bona fide methods of ripping an SACD that aren't outrageously expensive (I got lucky and a Blu-ray player I purchased a few years back is capable.. who knew?)

I do believe that starting with the most digital information available and converting into a format the DX220 can maximize is the way to go. once I cull my current group of players I will look to audition this one and in the mean time I will punish my CPU converting my SACD collection to DSD512

May 30, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #4,398 of 13,478
The hiss that I am getting with my Jomo Flamenco's is more than a little... I'll have to try with the Amp8 but I suspect that it would be the same issue. Currently using the Amp1 with the 2.5mm balanced (same issue persists with the 3.5mm SE output).

Makes me want to consider the M11 just to see if hiss is a problem there too.

May 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #4,399 of 13,478
The hiss that I am getting with my Jomo Flamenco's is more than a little... I'll have to try with the Amp8 but I suspect that it would be the same issue. Currently using the Amp1 with the 2.5mm balanced (same issue persists with the 3.5mm SE output).

Makes me want to consider the M11 just to see if hiss is a problem there too.
Please disconnect and reconnect AMP1 and also try the AMP8 to see if the problem persists. On low gain you should no to barely audible hiss. Also please try a factory reset.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 30, 2019 at 3:01 PM Post #4,400 of 13,478
new firmware is up on the ibasso site for download

May 30, 2019 at 3:02 PM Post #4,401 of 13,478
Another question: I’ve just joined the drop for the Massdrop THX desktop amp to run when I’m sitting behind my computer. I’ll probably feed it from my Focusrite USB interface most of the time, but the DX220 is currently my best quality DAC, so it makes sense to use that. But how best to connect? Simply use a line out (unbalanced stereo) to RCA from the AMP1mkII? The amp has balanced XLR3 inputs but I can’t see an appropriate way create a balanced connection with a line level signal...

May 30, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #4,402 of 13,478
updated with no problems via sd card

May 30, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #4,403 of 13,478
Another question: I’ve just joined the drop for the Massdrop THX desktop amp to run when I’m sitting behind my computer. I’ll probably feed it from my Focusrite USB interface most of the time, but the DX220 is currently my best quality DAC, so it makes sense to use that. But how best to connect? Simply use a line out (unbalanced stereo) to RCA from the AMP1mkII? The amp has balanced XLR3 inputs but I can’t see an appropriate way create a balanced connection with a line level signal...
I just use a 4.4mm to xlr balanced interconnect and a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter. Seems to work just fine for me. Found them on Amazon. Then just run it from the balanced output on my dap.

May 30, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #4,404 of 13,478
just installed the new firmware using an usb pen: all is working good....and i hear always a superb sound from this fantastic Dap. :dt880smile:

May 30, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #4,406 of 13,478
I just use a 4.4mm to xlr balanced interconnect and a 2.5 to 4.4 adapter. Seems to work just fine for me. Found them on Amazon. Then just run it from the balanced output on my dap.

Yes, this is what I have done with my DX208 (I will be getting a DX220 shortly). What I am curious about is since this is technically double-amping, would it still be a better option that simply using the standard line-out from the 220 into an external amp single ended? I am wondering if double-amping via the 2.5mm HPO jack into an amps balanced inputs (such as AAA 789) will sound better than the LO jack from the 220 into the amps RCA inputs, assuming of course you are still using the balanced XLR out of the AAA 789. Thoughts?

May 30, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #4,407 of 13,478
Yes, this is what I have done with my DX208 (I will be getting a DX220 shortly). What I am curious about is since this is technically double-amping, would it still be a better option that simply using the standard line-out from the 220 into an external amp single ended? I am wondering if double-amping via the 2.5mm HPO jack into an amps balanced inputs (such as AAA 789) will sound better than the LO jack from the 220 into the amps RCA inputs, assuming of course you are still using the balanced XLR out of the AAA 789. Thoughts?
Line out or hpo is still coming out of the DX2xx amp. Ibasso has an amp that has 2.5 balanced line out as well, Amp3

May 30, 2019 at 4:53 PM Post #4,408 of 13,478
Line out or hpo is still coming out of the DX2xx amp. Ibasso has an amp that has 2.5 balanced line out as well, Amp3
The line out bypasses the actual amp. But yes, it does come out of the AMP module.

May 30, 2019 at 5:02 PM Post #4,409 of 13,478
The line out bypasses the actual amp. But yes, it does come out of the AMP module.
My understanding is that the spidf bypasses the amp and the dac but the amp line out is fully processed by the amp as well. No matter though, it still sends the audio to the external amp and works for me. Isn't the amp line out also volume controlled and it is analog signal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back