DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 20, 2019 at 12:24 PM Post #6,739 of 13,478
Personally, I'm excited to see this DX220 Max, but I'm also content with what I have.

As mentioned in my DX220 review, I had the chance to test DX220 against the Sony WM1Z with a variety of IEMs.
I loved the Sony WM1Z; it's a thing of beauty and class and sounds terrific.

With my modded AMP8W, it was basically neck and neck for me in sound quality between the two DAPs (and damn close with other regular AMP units).
Just my personal subjective observations of course, but right now I'm feeling very contented and lucky to have a DAP that I feel is pretty much second to none in sound quality.

Note that this whole DX220 Max thing is just a teaser.
Looking back historically, when iBasso do this kind of Chinese social media post it usually means that it's still in development but will be released some months later.
And despite the name, this looks like being a whole new product entirely. Different sound, different purpose, different concept.

I'm as excited as everyone else, but I would be very surprised if you heard anything in significant detail for at least another month or two.
So maybe just.. enjoy the music for now? Haha. I certainly am :)

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:41 PM Post #6,744 of 13,478
What happened to just enjoy the music with what you have ?

Heard # was different than that pic
Price is 10-15,000 yuan
M13 will be around 8-10,000yuan so another set of new DAP from FiiO and iBasso displayed in September/October....just in time for the holidays.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #6,745 of 13,478
Heard # was different than that pic
Price is 10-15,000 yuan
M13 will be around 8-10,000yuan so another set of new DAP from FiiO and iBasso displayed in September/October....just in time for the holidays.[/QUOTE
Just bought these two out. This is a very expensive hobby. I need to stop buying so much stuff

Jul 20, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #6,747 of 13,478
I want to clear up any misconceptions. The DX220 Max is not a replacement for the DX220. The DX220 is a transportable DAC/AMP with a very fine screen. It is larger and heavier than the DX220 so serves a different purpose but like all our products it is being produced to enhance your enjoyment of music.

The following are a few of the features:

1. The frame is stainless.
2. It uses dual ES9028pro chips with extremely high quality components that surround them.
3. It has 5pcs of battery: for the DAC and CPU, the rest 4pcs battery form a high voltage battery pack for analog.
4. the price will be around 2,000USD.

Last edited:
iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #6,749 of 13,478
I want to clear up any misconceptions. The DX220 Max is not a replacement for the DX220. The DX220 is a transportable DAC/AMP with a very fine screen. It is larger and heavier than the DX220 so serves a different purpose but like all our products it is being produced to enhance your enjoyment of music.

The following are a few of the features:

1. The frame is stainless.
2. It uses dual ES9028pro chips with extremely high quality components that surround them.
3. It has 5pcs of battery: for the DAC and CPU, the rest 4pcs battery form a high voltage battery pack for analog.
4. the price will be around 2,000USD.
Thank you Paul - greatly appreciate the additional information.

Best Regards,
Tim

Jul 20, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #6,750 of 13,478
giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back