DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 20, 2020 at 2:14 PM Post #12,092 of 13,478
Are you saying you have no WiFi signal, or are not able to navigate to the WiFi settings?

Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > toggle on/off

or just pull down from the main screen and the WiFi icon should be on the top left

I am stuck in Mango Mode. Ain't no WiFi settings in Mango. How the hell do I get in Android mode????

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:13 PM Post #12,094 of 13,478
Settings/Advanced/Android System

From there you can access WiFi, etc...

Enjoy,
Tim
I don't know why iBasso lets you reboot into Mango OS from Android but forces you to go into the Mango OS advanced settings to switch back to Android. That's my biggest criticism of the DX220 (more so, the iBasso software on-board)...

Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Jun 20, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #12,095 of 13,478
I don't know why iBasso lets you reboot into Mango OS from Android but forces you to go into the Mango OS advanced settings to switch back to Android. That's my biggest criticism of the DX220 (more so, the iBasso software on-board)...

Cheers! :beerchug:
-HK sends

Yeah that's annoying. I also hate how when using shuffle in Mango you can't go back to previous songs, it shuffles both ways, very annoying when I skip i song by accident

Jun 20, 2020 at 5:42 PM Post #12,097 of 13,478
Thank you CobraMan! ! I had a bunch of updates to install.

Jun 20, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #12,098 of 13,478
Has anyone ever compare dx228 vs Plenue L?
I have. Just remember the Plenue is NOT android, one of it's best attributes. I really like the sound of it too. I wouldn't say it's any better than the DX228 but it is no worse either. They are both top tier devices.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:22 AM Post #12,100 of 13,478
Today I had some comments crossed on a Facebook post regarding Balanced to Unbalanced adapters because there was a company (with a reputation) selling adapters from 2.5/4.4 to 3.5 and I felt the need to ask them about this topic and they stated thousand of times:

"People worrying about going balanced to unbalanced since it may damage the music player for being overloaded, but there is nothing to worry about for going from unbalanced to balanced."

Im not sure if this topic was answered or its clarified or not but I always defended the fact that going from balanced to unbalanced would damage your dap/dac/amp and it looks like if its not 100% like that. Im not a very tech guy in matter of electronic numbers/figures but is there someone here specialized on this matter that can give us a better explanation please?

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #12,101 of 13,478
Today I had some comments crossed on a Facebook post regarding Balanced to Unbalanced adapters because there was a company (with a reputation) selling adapters from 2.5/4.4 to 3.5 and I felt the need to ask them about this topic and they stated thousand of times:

"People worrying about going balanced to unbalanced since it may damage the music player for being overloaded, but there is nothing to worry about for going from unbalanced to balanced."

Im not sure if this topic was answered or its clarified or not but I always defended the fact that going from balanced to unbalanced would damage your dap/dac/amp and it looks like if its not 100% like that. Im not a very tech guy in matter of electronic numbers/figures but is there someone here specialized on this matter that can give us a better explanation please?

If DAP 4.4mm has ground then it is okay to use 4.4 M to 3.5 F adapter. because it will use only L+ R+ and Ground to make it work. that is why it will work for M15.

If DAP 4.4mm not has ground, it will have no sound output.

For 2.5 M to 3.5 F, I think inside adapter, manufacturer just creates additional common grounds and same thing it will solder only L+ R+ and common grounds.

Jun 22, 2020 at 3:36 AM Post #12,102 of 13,478
Thank you for your explanation so there are 2 important things, first one is related with DAP and the output so the manufacturer should put the proper connections on their circuit. And the second one related with the adapter where the manufacturer should create the necessary connections too, its a matter of 2 sides, good.

And for example, amp8 has the right connections?

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:19 AM Post #12,104 of 13,478
From my memory, amp8 has no ground so I think adapter wont work.
Would the adapter that came with dx220 max work. Or does the max have ground conmected to 4.4mm output?

Jun 22, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #12,105 of 13,478

Users who are viewing this thread

Back