DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jun 26, 2019 at 5:15 PM Post #5,476 of 13,478
Hmmm I’ve had no luck getting a good enough connection for the 2.5mm to work with a case on. Oh well, the DAP shows all its glory without it :)

I think I mentioned this in my review also, the opening of the case at the bottom is not wide enough for some aftermarket 2.5mm plugs where you don't have a narrow extension collar. So, I filed the case to open it more, just need to shave off a few millimeters. Otherwise if you are using some of the EA, PlusSound, etc. cables with a bigger diameter connector housing, you will put a pressure on 2.5mm connector and can bend it. Also, still waiting on MITER case and told them to make port opening at the bottom wider :D

Here, just took a quick pic at work with two cables I have with me, you can see a little extension which keeps the connector housing from direct contact with chassis when plugged all the way in, allowing room for the case.

20190626_170843_resized.jpg

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #5,477 of 13,478
I think I mentioned this in my review also, the opening of the case at the bottom is not wide enough for some aftermarket 2.5mm plugs where you don't have a narrow extension collar. So, I filed the case to open it more, just need to shave off a few millimeters. Otherwise if you are using some of the EA, PlusSound, etc. cables with a bigger diameter connector housing, you will put a pressure on 2.5mm connector and can bend it. Also, still waiting on MITER case and told them to make port opening at the bottom wider :D

Here, just took a quick pic at work with two cables I have with me, you can see a little extension which keeps the connector housing from direct contact with chassis when plugged all the way in, allowing room for the case.

I actually managed to get it to work it’s just a very close fit with basically no tolerance, but yeah I am not a fan of the provided case at all so I’ll be keeping my eyes open :)

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:23 PM Post #5,478 of 13,478
I’m assuming anyone that uses the balanced 2.5mm out is removing the case during playtime?

Not my case also, my 2.5 connector is slim and fits fine. As @twister6 referred, it should be easy to trim a bit of the case anyway

Jun 26, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #5,479 of 13,478

I modified mine :wink:
5EA69563-E9C1-411E-A349-523F38747096.jpeg BB131615-ADCD-4746-B152-360D69AF7B1B.jpeg

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #5,485 of 13,478
AFAIK iBasso intentionally has disabled charging from the host in DAC mode. First, it is good for use as a DAC with mobile devices. Second, playback in DAC mode and charging at the same time produces a lot of heat which is dangerous for the battery.

Update and clarification: I received a Thunderbolt cable today (Apple branded) and am at present using Mango DAC mode (in Android) and the battery indicator shows charging. Haven't tried pure Mango mode yet, but it appears that it will charge while in DAC mode in Android. It just needed more available current.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #5,486 of 13,478
I thought I had heard it all, or nearly. Great sound from daps, great sound from the DX220 but having around 150 hours on the AMP9 now, I am . . . . amazed. AMP9 sounds totally different from any previous AMP module. With the time I have on it now, I can not believe the sound. Extremely layered, 3D, transparent. Everything is so balanced in sound, from bass to all of the freq. Really though, to appreciate, you have to hear it yourself. I am using the Utopia Stellia right now and it powers them with plenty of headroom. It is like using an extremely high end amp, which I have a few but coming out of just the DX220 and the AMP9. Unreal.

Jun 26, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #5,487 of 13,478
I thought I had heard it all, or nearly. Great sound from daps, great sound from the DX220 but having around 150 hours on the AMP9 now, I am . . . . amazed. AMP9 sounds totally different from any previous AMP module. With the time I have on it now, I can not believe the sound. Extremely layered, 3D, transparent. Everything is so balanced in sound, from bass to all of the freq. Really though, to appreciate, you have to hear it yourself. I am using the Utopia Stellia right now and it powers them with plenty of headroom. It is like using an extremely high end amp, which I have a few but coming out of just the DX220 and the AMP9. Unreal.
Lovely! Looking forward to more of those !

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:05 PM Post #5,488 of 13,478
Lovely! Looking forward to more of those !
And this is on 16/44.1 rips. The separation and layering is intense and some of the very best I have heard. Also the soundstage is huge. Listening to I'M On Fire, Bruce Springsteen live 1975-85 and it really does it justice. Before that some Lyle Lovett, and the same thing. Great fun!

Jun 26, 2019 at 8:50 PM Post #5,489 of 13,478
And this is on 16/44.1 rips. The separation and layering is intense and some of the very best I have heard. Also the soundstage is huge. Listening to I'M On Fire, Bruce Springsteen live 1975-85 and it really does it justice. Before that some Lyle Lovett, and the same thing. Great fun!
What filter are you on ? I found #2 very enjoyable

Users who are viewing this thread

Back