DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Sep 22, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #8,026 of 13,478
Is amp8 the only option if my cables are terminated 4.4mm?

For amp9, no way to make my 4.4mm cables work?

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:01 PM Post #8,028 of 13,478
A 4.4 to 2.5 adapter works pretty good. And yes, I have returned to amp1mkii from amp9.
what made you go back to amp1 mk2?

Sep 22, 2019 at 9:02 PM Post #8,029 of 13,478
and a lot of mention that amp 8 is an noticeable upgrade to amp1.

would love to hear more about this.

Sep 24, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #8,035 of 13,478
That’s good to know. Will be looking to add the AMP8 once I get my DX220 next week.
Got the AMP7 and 9 coming but am looking forward to the AMP8
wow.. u really prepare...

Well, I already got some tips for reliable source.. since it will be no good pairing with AMP9...
So I skip

but AMP8mkii... now we are talking...

Sep 24, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #8,036 of 13,478
Hello guys, just received my DX220. I am pairing it with AEON Flow Closed headphones and I have questions:

1) There are three gain settings: High - Med - Low. As I tried it affects the volume, my ideal listening volume is 70 for low, 60 for mid and 50 for high. Which one do you recommend? Is there a sound quality difference between the gain settings?

2) There are 7 digital filter options. Initially option 2 (slow roll of linear) is selected. Do I have to choice a digital filter, because I couldn't find a way to turn it off.

3) I am burn-in ing it with the provied cable. I use medium gain volume 60 and random music. Is there a spesific necessary setting or is it all fine?

3) My DX220 feels laggy, not horribly but more laggy than modern smartphones. Is is for everyone or my unit is broken?

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #8,037 of 13,478
Hello guys, just received my DX220. I am pairing it with AEON Flow Closed headphones and I have questions:

1) There are three gain settings: High - Med - Low. As I tried it affects the volume, my ideal listening volume is 70 for low, 60 for mid and 50 for high. Which one do you recommend? Is there a sound quality difference between the gain settings?

2) There are 7 digital filter options. Initially option 2 (slow roll of linear) is selected. Do I have to choice a digital filter, because I couldn't find a way to turn it off.

3) I am burn-in ing it with the provied cable. I use medium gain volume 60 and random music. Is there a spesific necessary setting or is it all fine?

3) My DX220 feels laggy, not horribly but more laggy than modern smartphones. Is is for everyone or my unit is broken?

Hi and Welcome aboard iBasso DAPS!

1) AFAIK, higher gain is better since the amplification is done on the digital signal before conversion to analog, so maybe a bit of lower SNR (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But I would leave it mid if I were you
2) I have mine on 2, this is no "extra" filter that can be turned off - its a basic feature of the DAC chip. Its very hard to spot a difference, so, after several forwards and backs I left it there because I like par numbers
3) You're doing fine
4) That's relative but yes, its more laggy than modern phones, but good for the purpose of a DAP and very acceptable IMHO - so your unit is OK

Regards

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #8,038 of 13,478
Hi and Welcome aboard iBasso DAPS!

1) AFAIK, higher gain is better since the amplification is done on the digital signal before conversion to analog, so maybe a bit of lower SNR (someone correct me if I'm wrong). But I would leave it mid if I were you
2) I have mine on 2, this is no "extra" filter that can be turned off - its a basic feature of the DAC chip. Its very hard to spot a difference, so, after several forwards and backs I left it there because I like par numbers
3) You're doing fine
4) That's relative but yes, its more laggy than modern phones, but good for the purpose of a DAP and very acceptable IMHO - so your unit is OK

Regards

Thank you for the fast answers. I have more questions ( I am kind of a curious customer ) :

5) About the gain settings, what is your exact recommendation ? (because you said "higher gain is better" then " I would leave it mid if I were you" .)

6) About the audio playback between Android and Mango modes: For TIDAL playback Android is already a must. For audio files playback, which one do you recommend for the higher sound quality: Android mode, Mango mode or it doesn't matter ?

7) Does the Batter Saver mode reduce audio playback quality ?

8) Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the volume wheel?

9) Is there a software update I should make? My current version details: Android 8.1.0 - Kernel version 4.4.103 , iBasso@mango #54 June 14 - Build Number 1.12.149)

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2019 at 10:29 AM Post #8,039 of 13,478
Thank you for the fast answers. I have more questions ( I am kind of a curious customer ) :

5) About the gain settings, what is your exact recommendation ? (because you said "higher gain is better" then " I would leave it mid if I were you" .)

6) About the audio playback between Android and Mango modes: For TIDAL playback Android is already a must. For audio files playback, which one do you recommend for the higher sound quality: Android mode, Mango mode or it doesn't matter ?

7) Does the Batter Saver mode reduce audio playback quality ?

8) Is it possible to adjust the sensitivity of the volume wheel?

9) Is there a software update I should make? My current version details: Android 8.1.0 - Kernel version 4.4.103 , iBasso@mango #54 June 14 - Build Number 1.12.149)

5) I said mid since personally I don't find an audible quality difference in the different gains, so leaving it at mid is a bit of compromise
6) Mango mode delivers the best quality audio, period. But as you said, Android mode is a must for Tidal, etc. so nothing to help on this matter. Maybe one day iBasso will deliver the same audio quality in Android?
7) I don't know since I only use Mango OS
8) No (In any mode)
9) No. Your firmware is the latest

Regards

Sep 24, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #8,040 of 13,478
^ Thanks

By the way, recently we discussed that whatever DX220 supports the Blutooth codec aptX HD or not. Offical spesifications doesn't include it but some users reported that it actually supports aptX HD

I tested it and good news! aptX HD is certainly being supported. Here is the proof, I used my DX220 with my Sony XM3 which is a heapdhone with aptx hD.

ibasso.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back