1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

DX220 A new view to your music. * Latest Firmware: 1.13.202 Local * Link for User Guide 1st Page. AMP9 Now available! And DC01.

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Paul - iBasso, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470
472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481
Next

Last
  1. marcusd
    You can always use the line in instead of OTG (3.5mm input at the front). I have a feeling the DAC inside the DX220 might be superior to the old micro anyhow and the DX220 can natively decode MQA.

Is it the BL version or older silver version?

For the R6 Pro and N6ii its plug and play.

2. behemothkat
    Me too. Tried three different one, no one worked. Paul noted but I understood didn’t forward to investigate.

3. MaxD
    Hey man, I just did some testing to see if I can see what your issue is, Here is a thing, I have 6 USB C cables of varying quality and all of them work perfectly from a USB C 3.1. however when I use thunderbolt 3 ports it fails.

Im using a DELL XPS 13 to test with. I have also tried the USB C 3.1 and 3.0 ports on my desktop with no issue. One of the cables is the 10cm Amazon basics cable which is the worst quality I have.

I dont have any Apple stuff but could it be an issue with thunderbolt ?

Just tried a dodgy usb 2 to USB C converter cable from Ikea and that works too. I can only get it to fail on thunderbolt 3.

Happy to try stuff out if I can help. I have a lot of IT kit here to play with.

behemothkat likes this.
  4. gto88
    Yeah, you have the point about DX220 DAC.
    I can just save the money, then.

5. behemothkat
    Hi Paul,
    Remember, that was my problem as well.
    I have MBP touch bar with 4 usb-c ports, my wife was MacBook 12 with single usb-c port, I have for gaming Asus Zephyrus GX501 with single usb-c. I didn’t find combination (cable+laptop) to get them work. Unfortunately :frowning2:

With regular usb-a to usb-c (through hub on MacBooks) works like a charm..

6. behemothkat
    Good point, I never thought from TB3 perspective. @Paul - iBasso can your team investigate if TB3 specs may make any malfunction?

PS: just checked Asus Zephyrus specs, it’s port also TB3..

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
  7. BiggieBig
    Thanks please for MAC no driver necessary
    I have tried different ports and I have two MAC books same on both

8. BiggieBig
    Good point about thunderbolt when it does connect it's normal (USB-C to usb-B) with a (USB-B to usb-C) in-between . May be I should try a different adaptor.

9. MaxD
    A few more tests later and it looks like I cant drive it from any other device but a PC USBc 3.0/1. Tried three andi phones an AK70 MkII and a fiio X5, but all my PC's with USB C 3.* work no problem. Interestingly though all those devices turn up as storage if you are in DAP mode.
    I did the same test with FIIO Q5, Dragonfly red and X5 and they all work as daps off the other devices. evan the thunderbolt 3 ports with a converter.

My takeaway. the DX220 needs a fair bit of power from the USB port and Thunderbolt is not working for me as a USB C port for the DX220.

10. Paul - iBasso
    Please also try short USB C cables. For some reason, they often connect better.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/
  11. gto88
    This is true.
    When I was struggling to have DAC mode with different cable and port.
    The first success connection was with fIIo BTR3 short and think cable, and after that
    iBasso's cable work too. Can't explain it.

12. gto88
    Couldn't have youTube app work without google play service.
    No sure how the update firmware tweak affect the latest firmware?
    But, At least amazon music is working.

13. dcguy73
    I like to listen at lower volumes, so...IEMatch ordered.

14. zephyrstar
    I am using AMP 9 with my Sony MDR-Z1R and it drives them great. I had it on high gain around 80 in Mango OS and it was rocking!!!

15. gannjunior
    Hi @Paul - iBasso
    any bug in the ibasso website for DC01? It says me 999 usd

Tnks
    ciao

First

Back
461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470
472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481
Next

Last