DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
Jul 7, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #5,971 of 13,478
Jul 7, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #5,972 of 13,478
I heard that DX220 has some problems with the Google Play Store. I plan to buy the DX220 and install on it Neutron music player application.
Do you have positive/negative feedbacks?

I installed the Neutron music player with the stock preconfigured APKPure installer and it runs without problems.
I like it so far, can recommend it as an alternative player.

1. Hi - unfortunately I don't use it. I have tried to install Google Play Store and it's not working too. It is installing alright from APK Pure but when you are trying to install any app, it either shuts down or you get the message pending download so nothing happens. To counter this, I have also tried a number of utube approaches and none of them are working. I hope Paul can help us with this?

2. In addition, I wanted to ask if anyone here has managed to play Tidal and use the Mango EQ? I have emailed ibasso and I have gotten an answer that I should start the Mango player first and adjust the EQ, then start Tidal. Im not sure why I have given this advice by ibasso because it's obviously not working! Nor with Spotify! None of streaming apps can use the Mango EQ!
I have replied back saying that it is not working and no reply since. I have email Paul directly and he said that he will be checking with the software team on that (thanks Paul).
I hope there is a way to enable Mango EQ on streaming services for this big investment, while allowing Google play store. Did I miss some setting or something..? Paul? Guys?

Thanks in advance
God bless

As mentioned above, i recently installed the Neutron music player with APKPure (current version 3.9.1) without problems (latest iBasso stock firmware v1.12.149).
So the problems you mentioned are related to your DX220 but doesn't seems to be generic.
Have you also installed the latest APKPure and iBasso firmware?

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #5,975 of 13,478
How many hours of burn-in are required by the DX220 and the stock amp module? My DX220 is on the way, delivery is planned on 10th of July and I wonder if someone could recommend what is the best option between the AMP8 and AMP9. I have a feeling that the balanced output sounds really good on my Sony ZX300 but the comparison between balanced and single ended outputs is not fair since the power is in the ratio of 4:1... 200mW for the balanced and 50mW for the single ended. Then I suspect that the perceived better sound quality is due to the increased power.
Now back to the question: AMP8 is a full balanced module while AMP9 is only single ended. I would like to buy only one module which should be suitable for any iem which requires power.
Thanks!

Jul 7, 2019 at 2:57 PM Post #5,977 of 13,478
AMP8 is a full balanced module while AMP9 is only single ended. I would like to buy only one module which should be suitable for any iem which requires power.

As you already knew after reading all comments and suggestions in this thread amp8 has powerful output for headphones or IEMs/CIEMs and amp9 is excellent for IEMs/CIEMs as I am listening now. :L3000:

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #5,978 of 13,478
Sorry for sort offtop :)
Which adapter model are you using? :)
Its a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adaptor made by Labkable which I got at a headphone shop here in Hong Kong.

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:34 PM Post #5,980 of 13,478
Hi @Christoph, is Neutron recognizing the license linked to your Google account correctly?
Hi, i just installed the free version, so i havn't bought it up to now.
btw. What is the difference between the free and the pay version?

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:36 PM Post #5,981 of 13,478
Hi, i just installed the free version, so i havn't bought it up to now.
btw. What is the difference between the free and the pay version?
I really don't know if there is a free version. I knew that Neutron is only a paid application. Where did you download the app?

Jul 7, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #5,982 of 13,478
I really don't know if there is a free version. I knew that Neutron is only a paid application. Where did you download the app?

I installed the Neutron player via APKPure as i wrote, there was a text like "Eval version", maybe it means evaluation version and that it is usable only time limited.
I also checked the Google Playstore on my mobile and there are also two versions, a free and a pay version. At the first glance i couldn't find the difference in the description.
If the free version is really time limited i will recogize this sooner or later for sure :wink:

EDIT: 12.July 2019
Free version of Neutron player expires after 5 days (independent if it was used in the meantime).

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #5,983 of 13,478
How many hours of burn-in are required by the DX220 and the stock amp module? My DX220 is on the way, delivery is planned on 10th of July and I wonder if someone could recommend what is the best option between the AMP8 and AMP9. I have a feeling that the balanced output sounds really good on my Sony ZX300 but the comparison between balanced and single ended outputs is not fair since the power is in the ratio of 4:1... 200mW for the balanced and 50mW for the single ended. Then I suspect that the perceived better sound quality is due to the increased power.
Now back to the question: AMP8 is a full balanced module while AMP9 is only single ended. I would like to buy only one module which should be suitable for any iem which requires power.
Thanks!

I guess AMP9 has power enough for driving most if not all IEM's out there, and it drives my Focal Clears with authority. After a few hours of burning in I've lowered the average volume so now on 80 (out of 100 on Mango OS) to 85 is the max I'm going.

About the SE vs BAL, after years listening both with different DAP's, amps and headphones, I've always opted for the combo that gave me the best tonality for my taste. I agree with you and believe most cases its only the perceived quality due to the increased power of balanced, the better figures on SNR, Channel separation and resistance to EMI will hardly be translated into a better experience if the sound isn’t "right”. I don't own AMP8 so can't compare, but will definitively recommend AMP9 - its f a n t a s t I c ! ! ! Man, its a tube amp but kills every other amp I've listened in every DAP in the high frequencies - unbelievable clarity, extension, speed ... but so so natural.

EDIT: Let me just add something to exemplify, although AMP9 highs are as I said above, its the ONLY amp I have, owned and tried that can drive my Focal Clears without tiring my ears and brain - this a bit contradictory as Clears don't have that name by accident.

Just be aware some members reported to hear hiss with AMP9 and some very sensible IEMS. I don't know if this can or should be addressed later with a few update, I like it as it is.
My 2 cents

Last edited:
Jul 7, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #5,985 of 13,478
Are you sure it wasn't plugged in lol

LOL - it wasn't. I confess I did round a bit, I didn't have the exact time but it wasn’t much less. But your post made me wonder so I did a test this afternoon.

Shuffling all tracks, a mix of 44.1 and some high res, last half an hour was entirely on the album bellow at 96Khz (I did rise the volume on this one!)
AMP9, Mango OS, screen now and then, full size headphones, 4 hours of listening, from 100% charge:

1st hour: 92% (8% drain)
2nd hour: 77% (15%)
3rd hour: 63% (14%)
4th hour: 49% (14%)

My reading? It will continue draining around 14% so 7 hours total

Here's the picture after 4 hours - Man, this album sounds amazing, so real its like I was there :astonished: :fearful: :relaxed:

5FA5C1A7-EEE1-475B-A91C-FDAAFC388C2C.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back