DX220 A new view to your music. *** LATEST FW: 1.19 Local *** Link for User Guide 1st Page.
May 13, 2019 at 1:58 PM Post #2,747 of 13,478
Has anyone paired the Ether C Flow 1.1 with the DX228?

May 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #2,748 of 13,478
FB_IMG_1557772990422.jpg

May 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM Post #2,749 of 13,478
Ever consider it could your headphones/IEM's that are holding back in those regards?

Same iems for imaging with two different daps, soundstage width sounding unchanged since out of the box. The IER-Z1R isn't poor spatially.

Amp8 opened up at around 200 hours for me. The imaging doesn't have the exquisite quality I thought I heard with the ZX300 and soundstage didn't dramatically expand but I started hearing clear separation with air in between sounds and 3D positional differences. Clarity improved as well. The sound matured basically. I didn't listen for long as I still had some suspicions and decided to switch to amp1 mk2 as amp8 should essentially be burned in after 200 hours. Amp1 mk2 through the 3.5mm single-ended output was clearly behind spatially but I thought sounded a little clearer. It seems that amp8 is a little loose. I have gotten a 4.4 to 2.5 adapter for $20 from Amazon so I can listen balanced and I don't how much of an effect the adapter has but nothing stands out balanced. Guess I'll try to burn the amp1 mk2 in and probably go back to amp8.

It's hard for me to judge whether the DX220 (w/ amp8) is the great value some people claim it is. Don't have much to compare to. It certainly isn't perfect, but given how much money you tend to throw at questionable improvements in general it's probably fine, an alternative to shelling out $3k. I don't really expect better out of the Hiby R6 Pro although there are people who think it sounds better than the DX200. Would've been curious to try the WM1A but it outputs little power and people say now it sounds a lot like the ZX300 balanced which was inadequate for the IER-Z1R. O, the DX220 with amp1 mk2 can't drive an HD650 single-ended, in case anyone is wondering. There is plenty of volume but it's obvious sound quality isn't there. Despite how much daps cost the $100 Fiio A5 portable amplifier remains key for what shouldn't be a hard to drive headphone. Don't have the patience to burn all the sound outputs.

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #2,750 of 13,478
Just got an update from AdvancedMP3Players that DX220 just arrived in their shop and pre-orders will be shipped tomorrow! Can't wait :)
I didn’t preorder but got an email from them saying some remaining units were available - I didn’t hesitate for a second and order is placed :L3000:
This is the kind of service I appreciate, instant responsive customer feedback

Last edited:
May 13, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,751 of 13,478
I didn’t preorder but got an email from them saying some remaining units were available - I didn’t hesitate for a second and order is placed :L3000:
This is the kind of service I appreciate, instant responsive customer feedback

Nice!! Yes these guys have been very patient with me when I wasn't! Definetly would do more business with them!!

May 13, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,753 of 13,478
Nice!! Yes these guys have been very patient with me when I wasn't! Definetly would do more business with them!!

Yes. My 1st purchase from them but liked the way they addressed and followed-up my contact (initially by online chat)
I was in the limbo to get AMP8 but ... but ... hmmm; then I would have to get two 4.4mm balanced cables for my IEMS and for my Headphones, by another hand very good reviews of AMP1 mk2 so I am to wait for an AMP9 in next months, if it happens; meanwhile AMP1 will do the job.

Other than DX220 maybe I'll order one of those Samsung 512Gb cards and as @Paul - iBasso says “Enjoy the music!”

May 13, 2019 at 3:44 PM Post #2,755 of 13,478
Yes. My 1st purchase from them but liked the way they addressed and followed-up my contact (initially by online chat)
I was in the limbo to get AMP8 but ... but ... hmmm; then I would have to get two 4.4mm balanced cables for my IEMS and for my Headphones, by another hand very good reviews of AMP1 mk2 so I am to wait for an AMP9 in next months, if it happens; meanwhile AMP1 will do the job.

You and me are in the same boat. I am also going to wait a bit for Amp8 since i need to upgrade cables for both!! If AMP1 turns out to pair well, hopefully I'll wait a bit more! Never heard from balanced out so I am also curious!!

May 13, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #2,756 of 13,478

Other than DX220 maybe I'll order one of those Samsung 512Gb cards and as @Paul - iBasso says “Enjoy the music!”

I've bought quite a few daps from amp myself. They seem like a UK version of crutchfield as far as customer service goes, that is to say it's very good.

May 13, 2019 at 4:13 PM Post #2,758 of 13,478
You and me are in the same boat. I am also going to wait a bit for Amp8 since i need to upgrade cables for both!! If AMP1 turns out to pair well, hopefully I'll wait a bit more! Never heard from balanced out so I am also curious!!

Amp1ii has an excellent SQ out of 2.5 balanced (never used 3.5 SE since all my cables CIEMs are 4.4 and 2.5). I have listened to amp8 for a short time before then modified as @Whitigir suggestion then I sold it to try amp8EX but never happened. So probably I will wait for amp9 (Nutube). :wink:

May 13, 2019 at 4:23 PM Post #2,759 of 13,478
I motivated myself to buy dx220 from AdvancedMP3Players. When i entered voucher code (12 off), got a notification like invalid code. Is there anyone who can help me to make an order?

Code might have expired, try STAY10 seems to work

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back