Dx200 and DSD512, How, Why ?
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #47 of 153
Aaa well I think you should stay in bit perfect.
Or dsd512 ;p

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:31 PM Post #48 of 153
Aaa well I think you should stay in bit perfect.
Or dsd512 ;p
Bit perfect is never perfect. Different app or software will have different sound signature, regardless. It is the algorithms and how the designer see and deem fit. Upsampling or upscaling from pcm into higher pcm can be really good with good algorithms and interpolations like HQPlayer and MScaler from Chord. The thing why I love HQPlayer is that it has countless of different filters and options to play around with, and they are all good algorithms (software technology) (not EQ) :D

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #49 of 153
Bit perfect is never perfect. Different app or software will have different sound signature, regardless. It is the algorithms and how the designer see and deem fit. Upsampling or upscaling from pcm into higher pcm can be really good with good algorithms and interpolations like HQPlayer and MScaler from Chord. The thing why I love HQPlayer is that it has countless of different filters and options to play around with, and they are all good algorithms (software technology) (not EQ) :D

Oh i see I never knew that bit perfect wasnt actually bitperfect what a brain cracker that is. Sounds like marketing fiasco again.

I once tasted to dx200 dap i will never go back. Theres nothing that can be more bitperfect than this.
Even pc +usb to desktop dac will never sound as good as dap + coax to desctop dac!

Dx200 is awsume even mp3 spotify sounds better lol than my pc.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #50 of 153
Oh i see I never knew that bit perfect wasnt actually bitperfect what a brain cracker that is. Sounds like marketing fiasco again.

I once tasted to dx200 dap i will never go back. Theres nothing that can be more bitperfect than this.
Even pc +usb to desktop dac will never sound as good as dap + coax to desctop dac!

Bad PC ( is considered bad source, my PC is $3,500 alone and it is better than Dx200 as a source ). But you are correct, the Dx200 is not easy to beat even as a digital source, it outperformed my WM1Z and I had a period of time where I could hardly accept that.....a China product to be better than a Japan product ? But it was the fact and I was proven again and again.

Good Coax cable can sound better too :) but COAX can only do DOP64X on dx200 though, which not many dap can do.

Anyways, back to the topic, DSD512 on dx200 is very very good. That is because the master clock on it is 200 Femto seconds rms jitter and -150db/1khz which is of very very high quality. Not to mention the xu208 DSP

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:56 PM Post #51 of 153

also in bus? Ibasso dx 200 is still portable player, is not better search portable way? :):beerchug:

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #52 of 153
this feature I have tested in USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO
Believe me, it does not worth efforts! Even the author of UAPP says, this oversampling has negative impact on the sound. This is because he uses not the best possible math.

Sep 16, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #53 of 153
Believe me, it does not worth efforts! Even the author of UAPP says, this oversampling has negative impact on the sound. This is because he uses not the best possible math.

Hello. Mr. Lurker, sorry, I need off your CPU permission... I need full CPU power, when screen is off... this sound is much better for me with Tonebooster and Morphlt... when is bitperfect on, this features is not available... with this features, sound for me is fully dynamic, included perfect highs and background on my Audio-Technica MSR7SE headphones. I need full cpu power.. they are going your setup CPU shut down and change to full power when screen is off, or I have to try on Fidelizer? http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/tag/ibasso/

Thank you so much.

Sep 16, 2018 at 6:24 AM Post #54 of 153
Problem with DX200 playing DSD512 only is the ultra short battery life. Not to mention storage runs out too quickly. (Where is the 2TB microSD? :wink: ).

Good thing I have 2 DX200 (vanilla and T1). I can switch to my 2nd DX200 while the other is charging.

I have converted a few GnR, STP and ACDC albums to DSD512. So far I like what Im hearing. Not sure yet if it’s really due to the conversion to DSD or just expectation/placebo bias. I have 2 AMP8s I will try a side by side compararison between the original PCM and the DSD512 equivalent soon.

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #55 of 153

Yes, I agree, this was what steered me away from Upsampling about 2+ years ago. I could never extend enough how important it is for Upsampling : bad software = worse performances

Sep 16, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #56 of 153
I need off your CPU permission...
It is not mine. Turning 4 "big" cores off is the behavior of the official firmware as well. My code uses a different logic, and also turns off 3 additional cores when there is no music playback, that's the difference. For your particular needs, I'd have to re-write HAL power driver, making either a simple version especially for you, or a more sophisticated version with a user option, or with high CPU load detector. I can do both, but IMHO it's a waste of time. It might be possible with a higher demand...
I have to try on Fidelizer?
You may try to ask him, if you believe he can do :wink: But, I had a chance to inspect some his firmware builds (paid versions, provided by his customers!), and, from my opinion, he changes nothing in the firmware functionality, nor he even able to change anything. Well, from what I've seen I understand he believes that he changes something, but this belief is only because of his ignorance.

Sep 16, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #57 of 153
It is not mine. Turning 4 "big" cores off is the behavior of the official firmware as well. My code uses a different logic, and also turns off 3 additional cores when there is no music playback, that's the difference. For your particular needs, I'd have to re-write HAL power driver, making either a simple version especially for you, or a more sophisticated version with a user option, or with high CPU load detector. I can do both, but IMHO it's a waste of time. It might be possible with a higher demand...
You may try to ask him, if you believe he can do :wink: But, I had a chance to inspect some his firmware builds (paid versions, provided by his customers!), and, from my opinion, he changes nothing in the firmware functionality, nor he even able to change anything. Well, from what I've seen I understand he believes that he changes something, but this belief is only because of his ignorance.

I understand Mr. Lurker, I'll be rather to believe your version firmware for my iBasso... but please which is best type headphone for bitperfect, especially USB AUDIO Player pro? My AT-MSR7SE or Shure SE846 not produce better sound on the bitperfect setup, than upsampling choice. next a week will come my an order (AMP8 and Balanced Cable with 4.4mm Pentacon Jack for my AT-MSR7SE) then try on bitperfect again.

Thank you so much for your reply, have nice day!

Sep 16, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #58 of 153

Classic example of expectation bias. He knows something has changed therefore, it should sound different. Though, unnecessary process running may have impact on sound but nothing more than occasional skips or stutter.

Sep 16, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #59 of 153
...I have 2 DX200 (vanilla and Ti)..I have 2 AMP8s, I will try a side by side compararison between the original PCM and the DSD512 equivalent soon.
That you would bothered to tell us you’ll compare with both dx200 and Ti was just feeding us brag salad, right? I mean, you can’t be serious here, can you?

You know you can just play both files off the same dap right? :deadhorse::deadhorse: Why would you purposely make a comparison with two different daps, when instead, you could just change the track? :deadhorse::deadhorse: Even if I had two identical daps I still wouldn’t bother using both. Just change the track fella.

Sorry, but that was just one of the most smh posts I’ve ever read on HF. I’ll apologize for my coarseness but I gotta say, I think why I’m sooo surprised by what you’re proposing is because I’ve read posts from you here and there, and I did not see such silliness coming from the same person.

No really, I’m actually nice tho :beerchug:

Sep 16, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #60 of 153
That you would bothered to tell us you’ll compare with both dx200 and Ti was just feeding us brag salad, right? I mean, you can’t be serious here, can you?

You know you can just play both files off the same dap right? :deadhorse::deadhorse: Why would you purposely make a comparison with two different daps, when instead, you could just change the track? :deadhorse::deadhorse: Even if I had two identical daps I still wouldn’t bother using both. Just change the track fella.

Sorry, but that was just one of the most smh posts I’ve ever read on HF. I’ll apologize for my coarseness but I gotta say, I think why I’m sooo surprised by what you’re proposing is because I’ve read posts from you here and there, and I did not see such silliness coming from the same person.

No really, I’m actually nice tho :beerchug:
Lol, you are right, while I meant what I said to compare DSD and PCM, I was actually thinking of comparing both device on similar amp at the same time. Hence, my post.

Kinda, trying to hit 2 points in a single thought which led to my post sounding like a brag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back