Dx200 and DSD512, How, Why ?
Oct 9, 2018 at 12:33 AM Post #76 of 153
@Whitigir

Can PCM to DSD (not 512) conversion be a good choice for whatever device that can process Native DSD but not up to DSD512? How about only DSD64? is there also an observable improvement?

Oct 9, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #77 of 153
@Whitigir

Can PCM to DSD (not 512) conversion be a good choice for whatever device that can process Native DSD but not up to DSD512? How about only DSD64? is there also an observable improvement?

Theoretically speaking, human can really not tell the differences beyond DSD128. However, my guess is that DSD512 shows a huge improvements, that probably is the result of the calculations within the software itself. Also, anything with offline conversion shall be the optimized process as there are less room for clocking errors and so on

Nov 17, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #79 of 153
God damit, I hate myself for trying this. Just tried it using my good old calyx M, the sound becomes so much more analog, it feels like I gained an extra dimension.
Let me test it on WM1 walkman!

BTW HQPlayer and Calyx M produce a sound, desktop quality level! Now I think, sadly, I'm sold on the LPGT, just because of the 512 GB SD option.

Nov 17, 2018 at 8:46 PM Post #80 of 153
God damit, I hate myself for trying this. Just tried it using my good old calyx M, the sound becomes so much more analog, it feels like I gained an extra dimension.
Let me test it on WM1 walkman!

BTW HQPlayer and Calyx M produce a sound, desktop quality level! Now I think, sadly, I'm sold on the LPGT, just because of the 512 GB SD option.

Wait what ? LPGT can’t use 512Gb ?

Nov 17, 2018 at 9:00 PM Post #81 of 153
Wait what ? LPGT can’t use 512Gb ?
I havent tried, I hope it can as I'm planning to load that entire 512 GB with DSD512. I'm waiting for my chance to place my order. Sadly, DMP-Z1 is too reach for my blood. Whitigir, have you tried DSD upsampling with Calyx M?

Nov 17, 2018 at 9:07 PM Post #82 of 153
I havent tried, I hope it can as I'm planning to load that entire 512 GB with DSD512. I'm waiting for my chance to place my order. Sadly, DMP-Z1 is too reach for my blood. Whitigir, have you tried DSD upsampling with Calyx M?

I have not, I have been pretty deep into improving my Dx200Ti :). Collecting these :D
A45902B8-C6DE-4838-AA6E-EF8930452486.jpeg

Dec 3, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #85 of 153
Just want to say XRECODE 3 version 1.86 also does DSD resampling, I will check it out later tonight.

Tried the app, and DSD512 for the first time. Color me impressed. I only tried one track (1 4min 24-192 file, became a 1.6gb Dsf file), but my goodness it's a nice output through the DX200/Amp8. Its crazy how old this device is, but still superior to devices being released in 2018. There are places where the DX200 needs to updated, but there is NO competition, at this price point. Gotta jump to 2-3,000 USD, if not more. Well done Ibasso, well done!!!

Dec 21, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #88 of 153
I’ve been going back and forth comparing players for DSD512. Fidelizer’s tweaked Apollo is out of the running. The audio seems veiled compared to the others. Mango sounds the most clear but in a colder, tighter way. Neutron is also transparent but renders audio in a more open and flowing way.

However, I can’t seem to get Neutron to play Native DSD only DoP.

@Whitiger, are you using the same exact settings for DSD as PCM?

Also, if I’m not wrong, battery life seems to go down as fast, but the DX200 doesn’t seem to get as hot with Neutron.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2018 at 7:57 AM Post #89 of 153
I’ve been going back and forth comparing players for DSD512. Fidelizer’s tweaked Apollo is out of the running. The audio seems veiled compared to the others. Mango sounds the most clear but in a colder, tighter way. Neutron is also transparent but renders audio in a more open and flowing way.

However, I can’t seem to get Neutron to play Native DSD only DoP.

@Whitiger, are you using the same exact settings for DSD as PCM?

Also, if I’m not wrong, battery life seems to go down as fast, but the DX200 doesn’t seem to get as hot with Neutron.

Yes, I am using the same exact for both DSD and PCM. I am not sure how DSD512 is playing back on Neutron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back