Dx200 and DSD512, How, Why ?
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:03 AM Post #31 of 153
Hello, I have Too Shure se846, but I can not to tell, that they play good sound! better awesome sound on my ibasso produce my new headphones Audio-Technica MSR7SE Special Edition!

mFQqR8cl.jpg

No se846 is not a reference or should be used to examine music properties but they still sound great.
I have my empire ears phantom custom in process soon it be ready.
unnamed.jpg

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #32 of 153
No se846 is not a reference or should be used to examine music properties but they still sound great.
Those look like 'roaring' CIEMS...very nice!

Sep 13, 2018 at 10:23 AM Post #33 of 153

to me getting starting matter stoppers in to ear... I like to buy next: Pioneer SE-Monitor 5 and AMP8 or USB D/A Converter Pioneer U-05 to that headphones.

5qP6I7Vh.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #34 of 153
Sep 14, 2018 at 4:42 PM Post #36 of 153
Holly crap huge.....

Sep 14, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #37 of 153
RHCP-Stadium Arcadium converted to dsd512= size of 37 GB.
Taking things out of context = death to this :koala: by repeated stabbings with this giant :pushpin:

RHCP – Stadium Arcadium is a Double CD

A, 4 min, 16/44 file, is 1.35gb in D512

We realize we're talking about an exponentially larger amount of storage space with D512 files....you were warned up top, but now you do too :D

Sep 14, 2018 at 7:33 PM Post #38 of 153
Me thinking dsd512 is probably a different type of route compare to chord mscaler?

Mscaler is about pcm to 764khz upsample right? So we all going that route so probably dsd512 is the highest grade of musical file is.

Make think of 1080p vs 4k resolution on tvs hehe.
But dsd512 is probably more like 1080p vs 8k lol

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:19 PM Post #40 of 153
why MScaler is upscaling into 768 is because 768khz is pcm, and as PCM , you can add and subtract whatever. In the case of Chord, they add WAT Filter, and claimed that it is superior to even DSD from the studio

Chord claime way to much and dont know why soo much people jerk about it so much.
My self I never was sold on chord. Tried hugo2 and mojo still my finger didnt even moved a bit lol

Sep 14, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #41 of 153
Chord claime way to much and dont know why soo much people jerk about it so much.
My self I never was sold on chord. Tried hugo2 and mojo still my finger didnt even moved a bit lol
I too didn't initially think much of the MoJo or even my Hugo 2 upon first listen. But when you keep on listening, they have qualities that showcase Chord's research; the music just sounds right/natural - hard to explain. But all ears are different and desires change with time and that's why I have different DAPs and IEMs depending on the mood.

Sep 15, 2018 at 12:02 AM Post #42 of 153
I'm joining the DX200 DSD club as well. It will take some work to convert files but as long as it leads to something better no matter how small. Then it can't hurt. I'm listing the points I considered why I'm doing this.

1. The ES9028PRO in DX200 plays DSD512 natively and does internal conversion when playing PCM files. Additional conversion/filters lead to more errors during real-time playback. By converting files to DSD. You make the DACs life easier by eliminating the real-time conversion/process.
2. The least amount of filter or the simplest filter used will most likely yield the best result due to using the native DSD format.
3. People confused converting PCM files to DSD files as a way of gaining more audio information especially from redbook files. It's actually about putting your DAC (ES9028) into it's best possible state by allowing it to run on it's native format all the time and skipping unnecessary conversion.
4. With all my files converted to the same file format I will finally eliminate the pop/click I hear every transition from playing back one sample rate to another.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:38 PM Post #43 of 153
This statement by itself is useless, because most of people don't understand how digital to analog conversions works. I'll try to explain the difference in another language.

Filter

Many people are confused by what does "filter" means, when we speak about DACs. There are many different steps in D/A process that are called filter.

Consider the signal, incoming to a filter, as a sum of a valuable signal, and a noise, or garbage. The filter is supposed to remove garbage and to pass through the valuable signal. An ideal filter removes 100% of garbage and passes through 100% of valuable signal, but it does not exist. A real filter passes through a part of garbage, and removes some of the valuable signal.

From this point of view, any DAC at whole is a filter, where the valuable signal is the original analog signal, and the garbage is that what makes it digital. But different stages in D/A conversion are filters as well.

PCM vs DSD512

Conversion from PCM to DSD is a filter as well. The higher output bitrate, the better the filter.

Oversampling of PCM in a delta-sigma DAC is a filter which produces DSD-like output.

To make analog signal from DSD, one more filter is required, but much simpler than the filter required to convert directly from PCM. In a DAC, this final filter is one and the same for both DSD and oversampled PCM.

As @Whitigir correctly stated in the first post, most of the DACs make DSD256-like bitstream from any incoming PCM at the first stage. So, now it should be obvious, that making DSD512 may sound better, because it has passed a better filter before going into the DAC.

The conclusion: PCM, being converted to DSD512, contains less garbage and more from the original analog sound, than the same PCM, oversampled in a DAC.

Hello Mr. Lurker, please where I turn off CPU permission in your mod firmware for basso dx 200? I need full CPU power, even though is a screen off... because screen is off, playback song still few seconds is stopped... no problem playback is only, when screen is on. Thanks (I not need bit perfect, better sound for me is upsample setup) *USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO with Tidal.

Thank you so much.

tMOUMuPl.jpg
HhzUyNwl.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 7:53 PM Post #44 of 153
Hello Mr. Lurker, please where I turn off CPU permission in your mod firmware for basso dx 200? I need full CPU power, even though is a screen off... because screen is off, playback song still few seconds is stopped... no problem playback is only, when screen is on. Thanks (I not need bit perfect, better sound for me is upsample setup) *USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO with Tidal.

Thank you so much.

tMOUMuPl.jpg
HhzUyNwl.jpg

What is that upsample feature? In lurkers firmware?
It even works in tidal and othet apps to?

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #45 of 153
What is that upsample feature? In lurkers firmware?
It even works in tidal and othet apps to?

Hi, this feature I have tested in USB AUDIO PLAYER PRO app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.extreamsd.usbaudioplayerpro I now tested this setup on the Tidal app included in this usb audio app.

must correct setup this app and no problem tidal playback only screen is on...
I this setup changed:
QOOIOkUl.jpg
7ty5fFOl.jpg
3WG1TZql.jpg

others settings in the usb audio player must be same this lurker settings: https://github.com/Lurker00/DX200-f...recommended-settings-for-usb-audio-player-pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back