DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 29, 2020 at 4:44 AM Post #21,826 of 22,021
Then you'd better disable "USB Audio" in its settings and don't use it. Consider it as a rudiment/atavism.

I apologize if I gave the impression I did not read the description or suggestions. I feel what I misunderstood was that having the USB Audio checked would allow for better reproduction of my DSD tracks when outputting through the standard headphone jack.

May 29, 2020 at 5:32 AM Post #21,827 of 22,021
having the USB Audio checked would allow for better reproduction of my DSD tracks when outputting through the standard headphone jack
No, if you use an application that utilizes DX200 hardware directly: Mango, Neutron, UAPP. It has sense only to utilize USB Audio main functionality: connect XMOS chip as USB DAC internally, for player applications that can play to a USB DAC directly.

May 30, 2020 at 2:19 PM Post #21,828 of 22,021
No, if you use an application that utilizes DX200 hardware directly: Mango, Neutron, UAPP. It has sense only to utilize USB Audio main functionality: connect XMOS chip as USB DAC internally, for player applications that can play to a USB DAC directly.
Yes, I realized my mistake after reading through the readme file once again. That being said, thank you for your responses, and ultimately thank you for the great firmware, I'm really enjoying the customization and utilities it adds to stock.

Jun 5, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #21,829 of 22,021
Is USB DAC mode worth it for 16bit/44.1khz FLAC or just for DSD?
If I understand correctly, Tidal App is using the Android Sound Chain and UAPP can use USB DAC mode or bit-perfect mode with UAPP drivers.

Jun 13, 2020 at 9:15 AM Post #21,830 of 22,021
Hello all very please, I need help to setup my filter preset in DX200 player. I need hear pure sound to headphones Audeze LCD-X Music Creator Special.... please, which filter should I set? 2. Slow Roll-Off(Linear), 3. Apodizing (Linear) or Brick Wall (Linear)? I need to hear pure (master) sound without change (filters or DAP) Thank you so much for whatever idea.

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:17 AM Post #21,831 of 22,021
Hello all very please, I need help to setup my filter preset in DX200 player. I need hear pure sound to headphones Audeze LCD-X Music Creator Special.... please, which filter should I set? 2. Slow Roll-Off(Linear), 3. Apodizing (Linear) or Brick Wall (Linear)? I need to hear pure (master) sound without change (filters or DAP) Thank you so much for whatever idea.

Hi,

I do not hear any differences between these filter settings
If you don't hear them either, than it does't matter which one you choose

Jun 14, 2020 at 5:20 AM Post #21,832 of 22,021
Hi,

I do not hear any differences between these filter settings
If you don't hear them either, than it does't matter which one you choose
I completely agree. I don’t hear any differences.

Jun 17, 2020 at 11:38 AM Post #21,833 of 22,021
I completely agree. I don’t hear any differences.
The perception of how filters change the sound signature can be affected by others telling you how they felt on them. Though, I don't prefer the fast roller off in minimum phase and brickwall:beyersmile:
I think the relatively significant change is the bass part instead of treble or voice.

Jun 21, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #21,834 of 22,021
Hello,

@Lurker0:
I use this device both for proper listening but also on the go using Bluetooth headphones.
I am having issues playing sounds using Bluetooth with Lurker0's HiByMusic and his DX200 firmware.

Everything runs fine using another app. No problem with the normal HiByMusic v3.3.0 (build 5518) for instance.

Using Lurker0's HiByMusic, I have no sound at all or a looped vector buffer while playing any type of file. It works very fine with wired headphones and the DX200's DACs.
I did a factory reset between the update of the new iBasso system and the installation of Lurker0's patches. Something older may have been lost only for HiByMusic ?

I am running the latest everything:
- from several file-types
- good Samsung micro SD card
- Bluetooth Sony MDX1000X (LDAC or AptX codecs)
- DX200 Android 8.1.0
- Kernel 4.4.103 (April 15 2020)
- Build Number: 1.10.120-L1.23b1
- HiByMusic v3.2.0 build 5497 (Lurker) --> not working
- HiByMusic v3.3.0 build 5518 --> working

I can still use HiByMusic v3.3.0 so not a big deal.

Thanks !!!

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2020 at 12:02 PM Post #21,835 of 22,021
Everything runs fine using another app
Then use any other app. I modified that Hiby Music for bit perfect playback via device's DAC, and I don't care about Bluetooth.

Jun 21, 2020 at 10:22 PM Post #21,837 of 22,021
My HibyMusic app no longer capable of "play through albums" mode, even tho I changed in the setting.
Had been using it previously and throughout the upgrade never have a problem until the recent upgrade to DX200-A8.1-L1.23-sdupdate.zip.
The new upgrade doesn't come with the HibyMusic app so I need to download from googlestore. the latest is "V3.30 internal build 5518".
Had re-installed but still doesn't work..
Any advice for those using this app or recommend a free app that is capable of playing in this mode.
IMG_20200622_094636.jpg
IMG_20200622_094707.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2020 at 9:19 PM Post #21,838 of 22,021
Hey folks! So I've been very happy with my DX200 since I bought it...except that I just popped it out of the case to eject the SD card, and it did this:

new.jpg

I don't think that's meant to happen, right? :)

I've used it almost exclusively as a desktop player, it's plugged into the charger pretty much permanently. I do notice it runs pretty hot when I play it for a long time (as I often do while I'm working). I also noticed the battery barely carries a charge any more (I have to plug it into an external battery to play for more than 15 minutes or so without it spontaneously rebooting itself). I'm wondering if it doesn't have the smarts to trickle charge the battery when it's full, and that's led to the battery dying and swelling, or something? I haven't yet popped the case off the whole way to see for sure what's swelled out to make this happen...

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:23 PM Post #21,839 of 22,021
Hey folks! So I've been very happy with my DX200 since I bought it...except that I just popped it out of the case to eject the SD card, and it did this:

new.jpg
I don't think that's meant to happen, right? :)

I've used it almost exclusively as a desktop player, it's plugged into the charger pretty much permanently. I do notice it runs pretty hot when I play it for a long time (as I often do while I'm working). I also noticed the battery barely carries a charge any more (I have to plug it into an external battery to play for more than 15 minutes or so without it spontaneously rebooting itself). I'm wondering if it doesn't have the smarts to trickle charge the battery when it's full, and that's led to the battery dying and swelling, or something? I haven't yet popped the case off the whole way to see for sure what's swelled out to make this happen...
Yes, you need a new battery. Easy to change them, which is nice. I had a DX80 do that, an iPhone and a couple of other portable devices.

Jul 14, 2020 at 9:28 PM Post #21,840 of 22,021
Thanks! Is keeping it plugged in permanently a problem or are the batteries just known to die like this? I haven't had cellphone batteries swell on me when dying before, they just sort of...stop holding a charge, gradually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back