DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 31, 2018 at 2:34 AM Post #19,891 of 22,021
Dec 31, 2018 at 4:18 AM Post #19,893 of 22,021
Glitches aside, I'm really becoming impressed with UAPP's DSD512 render. If you haven't, you should definitely give it a shot.

I have the TDK sheets, Samsung 512Gb SD Card, Oyaide SS47, and Nichicon cap coming this week.

I don't even recognize my beloved desktop anymore.

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 5:02 AM Post #19,894 of 22,021
Glitches aside, I'm really becoming impressed with UAPP's DSD512 render. If you haven't, you should definitely give it a shot.

I have the TDK sheets, Samsung 512Gb SD Care, Oyaide SS47, and Nichicon cap coming this week.

Yeah, Exciting isn’t it :D. I love DX200 more and more everyday

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:32 AM Post #19,895 of 22,021
I respectfully disagree. I've tried them both side by side for months (un-modified WM1Z) and I find that I prefer the DX200 over the WM1Z. Just a preference.
Unmodified WM1Z - Then that's a different comparison. Mine is a modded WM1Z as mentioned in my original post and my comparison was against it :)

In addition to preference, it is also about synergy with iems/headphones as @Whitigir mentions.

Also as I mentioned Dx200Ti + modded AMP8 is very good. Hence the reason I still keep both.

DX200 has native dsd512 support which is a significant plus. More mods possible on the main unit, on the amp modules and the possibility to try different sound signature with different AMP modules. The main negative is the battery life.

@Whitigir, Dx208Ti-EX & AMP8-EX - is it just the TDK noise insulation sheets or is there something more to this mod? If this will provide good extension in both the lows and the highs, then it would definitely be worth trying.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #19,896 of 22,021
Unmodified WM1Z - Then that's a different comparison. Mine is a modded WM1Z as mentioned in my original post and my comparison was against it :)

In addition to preference, it is also about synergy with iems/headphones as @Whitigir mentions.

Also as I mentioned Dx200Ti + modded AMP8 is very good. Hence the reason I still keep both.

DX200 has native dsd512 support which is a significant plus. More mods possible on the main unit, on the amp modules and the possibility to try different sound signature with different AMP modules. The main negative is the battery life.

@Whitigir, Dx208Ti-EX & AMP8-EX - is it just the TDK noise insulation sheets or is there something more to this mod? If this will provide good extension in both the lows and the highs, then it would definitely be worth trying.

TDK is only A part of the EX modifications, which you can do it yourself, but in order to get the EX package, there are more works to do as it is titled EXtreme-Modifications :). There are many capacitors upgrade into both the main and the amp units

Dec 31, 2018 at 10:22 AM Post #19,897 of 22,021
So I've got a chance today to sell my mint IT04 to colleague for a nice price and went to our local shop.
I looked for old good Andromeda but was presented also Andromeda "Stainless" edition to compare.
IMG_20181231_135208.jpg
So the SQ goes bottom to top in exponential scale, unfortunately same goes the price.
After several hours of listening I understood that I'm going to hate myself for losing the chance of getting TOTL sound, and the money difference will be forgotten with time.
So now I'm trembling with fear before meeting my wife this evening to show her her present for me for this NY:triportsad: :darthsmile::ksc75smile:
Nonetheless I believe this Andromeda Steel would become very nice addition to my 200Ti :beerchug:
IMG_20181231_142147.jpg IMG_20181231_170038.jpg
Happy New Year everyone! Cheers and the best wishes to all of you!:o2smile::k701smile::jecklinsmile::L3000:

Last edited:
Dec 31, 2018 at 10:45 AM Post #19,898 of 22,021
Right I think I'll just give up. I've prepared the SD card update for the lurker mod . Everything goes fine until when it starts to update then an error sign pops up . I've tried the android tool method and I face the same error after I've gone through every step successfully . Smh

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:07 AM Post #19,899 of 22,021
So I've got a chance today to sell my mint IT04 to colleague for a nice price and went to our local shop.
I looked for old good Andromeda but was presented also Andromeda "Stainless" edition to compare.

So the SQ goes bottom to top in logarithmic scale, unfortunately so goes the price.
After some hour of listening I understood that I'm going to hate myself for losing the chance of TOTL sound, and the money difference will be forgotten with time.
So now I'm trembling with fear before meeting my wife this evening to show her her present to me for this NY:triportsad: :darthsmile::ksc75smile:
I believe that Andromeda Steel would be a very nice addition to my 200Ti :beerchug:

Happy New Year everyone! Cheers and the best wishes to all of you!:o2smile::k701smile::jecklinsmile::L3000:

Happy New Year to everyone here! In the coming year may you all be graced with good health, prosperity, and love.

Steve from NYC

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #19,901 of 22,021

I have the TDK sheets, Samsung 512Gb SD Card, Oyaide SS47, and Nichicon cap coming this week.

I can only get DSD512 to work by first initiating through the USB Audio app with the latest version of UAPP. Are you able to play without going through the USB Audio app? When I try to play direct in UAPP I receive an error if I don’t first initiate via the USB Audio app.

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:35 AM Post #19,902 of 22,021
Everything goes fine until when it starts to update then an error sign pops u
Just in case: have you already installed and running Oreo release firmware?

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #19,903 of 22,021
I can only get DSD512 to work by first initiating through the USB Audio app with the latest version of UAPP
It seems you didn't disable "Use USB DAC" in "USB Audio tweaks" settings of UAPP, but you'd better do it. Either-either.

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:42 AM Post #19,904 of 22,021
I can only get DSD512 to work by first initiating through the USB Audio app with the latest version of UAPP. Are you able to play without going through the USB Audio app? When I try to play direct in UAPP I receive an error if I don’t first initiate via the USB Audio app.

Hm... That's strange. I've never gone through USB Audio app at all. DSD512 just seems to play right from UAPP. I'm not entirely sure why it works for me.

In "Internal HiRe Audio" and USB Audio, have you set "bit perfect" to "on," and in USB Audio have you set "DSD mode" to "Native DSD" ?

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #19,905 of 22,021
Everyone have a great and safe New Year! And remember, Enjoy the Music no matter what you are listening with!

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back