DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #19,456 of 22,021
I'd like to clarify that Purist ROM optimizations affect both Android OS and Mango OS. They run on the same kernel and share the same system partition with the same optimizations.

So you can pick any mode you like though improvements on Android OS may be bigger since it runs more non-audio components than Mango OS. :)

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #19,458 of 22,021
Good to know, probably wasn’t enough to satisfy my old ears in comparison to the Mango player in Android :D

New Mango OS in Oreo is pretty good too. More stable and sound even better than it ever be. Maybe that will improve once you are more accustomed to Advanced ROM too.

Dec 13, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #19,459 of 22,021
New Mango OS in Oreo is pretty good too. More stable and sound even better than it ever be. Maybe that will improve once you are more accustomed to Advanced ROM too.

Actually it goes like this

Stock firmware, I prefer Pure Mango Os

Purist ROM, I prefer Mango Player in Oreo as I observed better performances from Mango Player within Oreo in Purist ROM more than the Pure MangoOS. It is not like the MangoOS here isn’t good, but in comparison, I had to opt for the one in Android X_x

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2018 at 3:35 PM Post #19,460 of 22,021
Actually it goes like this

Stock firmware, I prefer Pure Mango Os

Purist ROM, I prefer Mango Player in Oreo as I observed better performances from Mango Player within Oreo in Purist ROM more than the Pure MangoOS. It is not like the MangoOS here isn’t good, but in comparison, I had to opt for the one in Android X_x

In Android OS, I also optimized MangoPlayer app (as much as it doesn't cause any instability nor I ever want to risk having one) so that will be extra bonus that I can't optimize app in Mango OS itself.

Mango OS sounds clean and pure while Android OS can be optimized better for more precision of timing and buffering to bring perfect image and sense of realism better.

If I have more time which I should have during my stay with parents in next month, I'll try to find possibility to further improve Mango OS in my free time. I've been answering emails for hours already and still have dozens left to reply as we speak. :D

Dec 13, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #19,461 of 22,021
Hey, @Paul-Ibasso you need to update the name of the thread, since **Firmware 2.10.215** is not the last firmware anymore

Dec 13, 2018 at 8:51 PM Post #19,464 of 22,021
i tried following even i saw it appeared DFU mode on the screen, but there's showed nothing on the IbassoUSBAudioDfu.exe screen. Any steps is missing ?

Open IbassoUSBAudioDfu.exe in Program Files if you have installed the DAC driver for DX200, connect the DX200 to PC, open the USB DAC page in Mango in Android Mode, repeatedly press and release the space under the DAC ON button until you see 'DFU mode'.

no one keen to help on this topic ?

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:13 PM Post #19,466 of 22,021
^
3) Tissues. Lots of tissues. In the event all goes wrong.

Dec 13, 2018 at 11:36 PM Post #19,467 of 22,021
no one keen to help on this topic ?

I'm sorry if you already have these instructions, but here's the list of steps that were included in the "DX200_XMOS_Firmware_1.2_DFU" ZIP folder I found and used successfully for my update a month or two ago. It seems you might not have browsed to and selected "upgrade.bin" before entering DFU mode.

@WindowsX I believe I found it on your DX200 fidelizer page, which was extremely helpful! http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibasso-dx200-xmos-firmware-1-2-dfu-update/

11/21/2017
1. After the USB DAC V3.26.0 is installed.
2. Go to c:/program files/iBasso/iBassoAudio_driver folder.
3. Press the iBassoAudioDFU.exe to launch the DFU.
4. Browse and select the upgrade.bin
5. On the DX200 while in the Android mode, click into the mango player APP--->settings---
>USB settings, on the "DAC ON" page, continually press the area below the "DAC ON" button
for 5 times. the DX200 will turn into DFU mode.
6. On your computer's DFU window, you can see the DX200 is recognized, then click "start".
You can check the XMOS firmware version after the XMOS driver is installed, and find it after
click the icon located on the right bottom of the Windows screen.

Dec 14, 2018 at 1:39 AM Post #19,468 of 22,021
I'm sorry if you already have these instructions, but here's the list of steps that were included in the "DX200_XMOS_Firmware_1.2_DFU" ZIP folder I found and used successfully for my update a month or two ago. It seems you might not have browsed to and selected "upgrade.bin" before entering DFU mode.

@WindowsX I believe I found it on your DX200 fidelizer page, which was extremely helpful! http://www.fidelizer-audio.com/ibasso-dx200-xmos-firmware-1-2-dfu-update/

11/21/2017
5. On the DX200 while in the Android mode, click into the mango player APP--->settings---
>USB settings, on the "DAC ON" page, continually press the area below the "DAC ON" button
6. On your computer's DFU window, you can see the DX200 is recognized, then click "start".
You can check the XMOS firmware version after the XMOS driver is installed, and find it after

I'm glad to see my article helps. Happy listening. :)

Dec 14, 2018 at 2:05 AM Post #19,469 of 22,021

11/21/2017

By the way I'm using Windows 10 Pro
I had seen the DFU Mode appears on my DAP after 5 times touch on screen, but it went disappeared within the second
. Is this correct ?
I think I might do the other way which is I tried enter into DFU mode then only browse the firmware file.
Later go back home will try again.

Another question is even I tried to installed DAC driver on Step 1, I double click on the icon (DAC USB Audio) in the taskbar, screen display and show no device connected.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2018 at 3:59 AM Post #19,470 of 22,021
Hi @Whitigir I have a chance to get a DX200ti, and before I purchase I wanted to dispel all doubts, and was hoping you could help. If I use it with Amp8 it's still gonna be better than DX200+Amp8, right? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back