DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 18, 2018 at 2:08 PM Post #13,516 of 22,021
Maybe we will see a DX200 successor with ES9038 or AK4497 dacs very soon? Add in a Snapdragon processor and we have a new flagship

I asked a lot of companies why most of them don't go full snadragon strong CPUs. The main issue that they booth have a huge minimum order size, and that it eats a lot of battery. Most companies try to do their best to have the best battery life they can for music, adding a snapdragon strong CPU just for a little extra UI speed doesn't cut it if you lose 20%-40% battery life to the CPU

May 18, 2018 at 2:20 PM Post #13,517 of 22,021
I asked a lot of companies why most of them don't go full snadragon strong CPUs. The main issue that they booth have a huge minimum order size, and that it eats a lot of battery. Most companies try to do their best to have the best battery life they can for music, adding a snapdragon strong CPU just for a little extra UI speed doesn't cut it if you lose 20%-40% battery life to the CPU

I don't know if the Snapdragon SoC counts, but seems like in use for HiBy R6 (I don't know battery comparison)...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/hiby-r6-worlds-most-advanced-android-hi-fi-player#/

Image(27).png

Attachments

• Hiby R6 pic.png
    Hiby R6 pic.png
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
May 18, 2018 at 2:30 PM Post #13,518 of 22,021
May 18, 2018 at 3:14 PM Post #13,520 of 22,021
You know it still is my top3, no? :)

Literally one of the best ever had, to date. Where do you feel it can be improved?

I honeslty think that there is very little to add anymore to it as a portable, and things like design are a matter of personal preference. I, for one, love DX200 and how it looks :)
All in saying is ibasso well like some more money one day at which point something has to be built, likely an improvement

May 18, 2018 at 3:22 PM Post #13,521 of 22,021
10ohm output impedence is the main reason I didn't buy the R6. Didn't want to use an ie match with it, leading to too much dongles. But the battery life is definitely enticing. I could never get the DX200 to last me a whole day with a single charge

May 18, 2018 at 3:55 PM Post #13,522 of 22,021
Not to mention, its absurdly high output impedance...

Welp, I'll mention it in my official review :)

All in saying is ibasso well like some more money one day at which point something has to be built, likely an improvement

For sure, just saying, at this point DX200 is already a killer-device :)

10ohm output impedence is the main reason I didn't buy the R6. Didn't want to use an ie match with it, leading to too much dongles. But the battery life is definitely enticing. I could never get the DX200 to last me a whole day with a single charge

I think that both have good battery lives for me actually, both DX200 and R6 can last while I'm out and about, which usually takes me from two to eight hours.

May 18, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #13,523 of 22,021
I think the DX200 already has great DAC chips and femto clocks, so if I were designing the DX200R, it would have bigger and better (meaning lower impedance and more expensive) caps in the power supply. Better buffer op amps. Better power supply bypass caps for all amplification stages. Precision resistors in any part of the circuit that might create amplifier asymmetry... any asymmetry in amplification leads to odd (evil) harmonics.

Last edited:
May 18, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #13,526 of 22,021
I've installed the AMP6 on my DX200 from my DX150. I have to say it is a huge improvement over the AMP1 and AMP3. I'm using it with my Mr Speakers Aeon Flow Opens. Dynamics, instrument separation, and shear power of the music is much improved.
that’s actually interesting, amp 1 and 3 actually has more power, but I guess the amp 6 has enough headroom to drive headphones properly

May 18, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #13,527 of 22,021
that’s actually interesting, amp 1 and 3 actually has more power, but I guess the amp 6 has enough headroom to drive headphones properly
There's definitely an improvement. The AMP1 sounds soft with the Aeons. Power isn't everything. The FR and crosstalk numbers on the AMP6 are better according to iBasso's literature. Probably a mix of these. There isn't a listing of output impedance either. The power and output voltage are listed higher on the AMP1 and AMP3. Maybe a pairing / synergy thing.

May 18, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #13,528 of 22,021
Onkyo DP-X1 uses Snapdragon 801.

I actually do not know a lot about it. Snapdragon 801 sure is a pretty strong CPU, strange that it was deemed necessary for a DAP.

As I said, a DAP needs a moderate CPU power because, well, you don't do that much with it. You listen music with it, stream, and maybe some youtube. You don't do games and such.

I have a 6.44" smartphone for games, books, writing mails and such. Doing so on the display of any DAP seems pretty complicated with my sausage-sized fingers :)

May 18, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #13,529 of 22,021
Oh, and there is one more thing I would do for the DX200R, and that is remove the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios to further reduce the noise floor. If you are buying a reference DAP (the R designation) you should be listening to 96/24 (or better) PCM or DSD files:)

May 18, 2018 at 8:40 PM Post #13,530 of 22,021
Oh, and there is one more thing I would do for the DX200R, and that is remove the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth radios to further reduce the noise floor. If you are buying a reference DAP (the R designation) you should be listening to 96/24 (or better) PCM or DSD files:)

I sure hope not. Wifi and full android experience is one of their selling points.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back