DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 7, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #13,352 of 22,021
That's the game and why not?
Wow that's very selfish. What about those who dont have cash on hand at the release that or those who live in countries with complicated capital controls or etc...this isn't a vintage Rolex thread..

May 7, 2018 at 3:23 PM Post #13,353 of 22,021
That's the game and why not?

Sneaker resellers receive a lot of hate and I think it’s no different here.
They do nothing but drive up the market price, whether it’s for brand new or used.
Retail cost wouldn’t mean anything because people are unable to purchase it at that price.
If ibasso continues to offer drops with limited stock, there will bound to be resellers.
Really don’t like the direction this is heading ...

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 3:27 PM Post #13,354 of 22,021
There is no game intended. There are times that we do not know how much stock will sell and because the 4.4 is not mainstream yet, we limited the quantity. No manufacture wants stock to sit on the shelf and we are no exception. We will produce another 4.4 but I do not have a date estimate at this time. Whether is till be limited or not I also am not sure of at this time. As always, please Enjoy the Music.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 7, 2018 at 3:30 PM Post #13,355 of 22,021
There is no game intended. There are times that we do not know how much stock will sell and because the 4.4 is not mainstream yet, we limited the quantity. No manufacture wants stock to sit on the shelf and we are no exception. We will produce another 4.4 but I do not have a date estimate at this time. Whether is till be limited or not I also am not sure of at this time. As always, please Enjoy the Music.

That’s reassuring. Glad to know I will eventually have to chance to get one for my dx150.

May 7, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #13,356 of 22,021
I’m glad to hear another batch of 4 will be coming to meet the demand. Detailing works wonders in amp 4.This is definitely what I would have expected. This kind of business practice establishes trust and long term loyalty for the brand. I’m more likely to continue shopping/supporting iBasso for the future if I have trust in the product and services.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #13,357 of 22,021
Wow that's very selfish. What about those who dont have cash on hand at the release that or those who live in countries with complicated capital controls or etc...this isn't a vintage Rolex thread..

When I experienced people own amp4 and raves about it sounded much better than amp3 and amp5 and known that amp4 was out of stock or discontinued. I told myself to be patient and wait for another chance to get one.
I had to check ibasso website and this thread almost so many times a day... Once I saw someone announced that there were 250 amp4s available in stock I did as fast as I can to snap one even though I did not have money at that time...

May 7, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #13,358 of 22,021
I’m glad to hear another batch of 4 will be coming to meet the demand. Detailing works wonders in amp 4.This is definitely what I would have expected. This kind of business practice establishes trust and long term loyalty for the brand. I’m more likely to continue shopping/supporting iBasso for the future if I have trust in the product and services.

maybe I mis-read Paul's comment but I do not think he said there were releasing another batch of amp4. I read it as they are going to release another 4.4mm amp.

Maybe am mis-reading your comment. :)

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #13,360 of 22,021

I probably going to get booed for this, but maybe it explains why some audio manufacturers go for crowdfunding, to know ahead of time the demand to build enough supply :D

May 7, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #13,361 of 22,021
I probably going to get booed for this, but maybe it explains why some audio manufacturers go for crowdfunding, to know ahead of time the demand to build enough supply :D

1000% Agreed

May 7, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #13,362 of 22,021

I completely agree!

May 7, 2018 at 7:41 PM Post #13,363 of 22,021

Crowdfunding is not bad at all if it helps a company produce juuust the right amount of stuff they'll sell and if it makes people happy :)

May 7, 2018 at 8:10 PM Post #13,364 of 22,021

Maybe do pre-orders then you will know how many to manufacture?

May 7, 2018 at 8:54 PM Post #13,365 of 22,021
If I don't say it then Paul@iBasso would not intend to mention another batch of 4.4 mm will be made in very near future.
These amps should not be fought for price increase. It should be plentiful for whoever wants it.

Wondering if iBasso would ever comes out with amps with tubes inside?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back