DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 7, 2018 at 12:26 AM Post #13,336 of 22,021
once lurker firmware is installed, to update it we must flash through windows or we can update directly from the dx200?
If you mean to update to my firmware build, then it is the same procedure as the first time: FactoryTool under Windows, rkflashtool under Mac/Linux.

May 7, 2018 at 2:35 AM Post #13,337 of 22,021
It is insensitive to heavily market it here without telling about limited stock in advance (not talking about 250 4S orders). When audio gear tries to become Supreme, no one will be satisfied. This is not wear-tear item. These gears accompany great setups for years to come. That’s why there is always lead time in audio market to things when they will be available again and reasonable understanding of the length of availability. Changing your marketing practice overnight is not well welcomed. Selling them in mere availability and calling them suddenly discontinued after a month’s time is insensitive and disrespectful to customers who paid top dollars for their flagship product. If this is still their flagship, their service should match of one. If other conditions required them to discontinue, be professional and upfront about it. I wonder how many prople like me bought this unit just reading the thread here. AFAIK, company has a rep here. Communication is the missing link. Many people are frustrated if you read through last pages.

I wanted the holographic detailing of 4S then settled with 4 which are neither available now. You should be capable of maintaining access to features made available for those who bought the base unit. 3 is available. 2 is unspoken of so I understand its discontinuation. 4 provides something new in detail and special on its own. 5 has nothing to do with others and also available.

So only worthy amp out of all went MIA with little explanation. Sorry for ranting folks but I am bitter. I wish I had the time to follow the forums all the time. I rarely have time for sleep. I want to maintain this hobby in my busy life. I don’t want to compete/lab experimented to buy flagship products and their accessories. I will pay more but give me what you advertise right away. Be ready to have enough stock unless it is advertised limited edition like 4S.

Agreed.

May 7, 2018 at 7:15 AM Post #13,338 of 22,021
Was wondering if there’s any audible difference between the Mango OS and Android Mango App? If so, which do you guys prefer?

May 7, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #13,340 of 22,021
]
I don't really hear any differences. I prefer normal because it seems to be smoother in UI operation.

“Normal” as in the Android App? Mine’s Android is smoother than mango os I feel

May 7, 2018 at 10:58 AM Post #13,341 of 22,021
Was wondering if there’s any audible difference between the Mango OS and Android Mango App? If so, which do you guys prefer?
Depends. Using Tidal on Android sounds much degraded to listening to the same track in Mango. However, if you stream that same Tidal track through UAPP in bit perfect mode, I can't say I hear any difference. So the Tidal app seems to be the culprit in this case. Might be the same with Spotify or other streaming apps. Mango Player in Android and Mango OS sound on par with each other, I think. Havent tested that much cause I figure if I'm gonna go Mango, then I'll go full Mango lol.

Last edited:
May 7, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #13,342 of 22,021

i just bought this DAP should have in 2 weeks, based only on this thread so the comminity is doing the company a great deal marketing the product forthem, the least they should do is offer ample supply of modules to the users,. If iBASSO wanted the modules to be limited they should ahve just marketed it as such. Don't tell me it's because they don't want to end up with stock, thats how a business work and inventory is part of the working capital of the business. These modules also sell on margin, dont think fo r a second the company is making a loss, they wouldnt have produced it to begin with. the only rational explanation would be limited production capacity or quality control issues. I will not spend above or close to retail for a used amp they should be wildly available. Especially, every amp has a different signature and output, making them essential to teh modulable DAP iBASSO marketed.

May 7, 2018 at 11:56 AM Post #13,343 of 22,021
Depends. Using Tidal on Android sounds much degraded to listening to the same track in Mango. However, if you stream that same Tidal track through UAPP in bit perfect mode, I can't say I hear any difference. So the Tidal app seems to be the culprit in this case. Might be the same with Spotify or other streaming apps. Mango Player in Android and Mango OS sound on par with each other, I think. Havent tested that much cause I figure if I'm gonna go Mango, then I'll go full Mango lol.

Ah cool, at this point I’m only listening to FLAC files. So it’s doesnt matter which platform I go to:ksc75smile:

May 7, 2018 at 11:58 AM Post #13,344 of 22,021
i just bought this DAP should have in 2 weeks, based only on this thread so the comminity is doing the company a great deal marketing the product forthem, the least they should do is offer ample supply of modules to the users,. If iBASSO wanted the modules to be limited they should ahve just marketed it as such. Don't tell me it's because they don't want to end up with stock, thats how a business work and inventory is part of the working capital of the business. These modules also sell on margin, dont think fo r a second the company is making a loss, they wouldnt have produced it to begin with. the only rational explanation would be limited production capacity or quality control issues. I will not spend above or close to retail for a used amp they should be wildly available. Especially, every amp has a different signature and output, making them essential to teh modulable DAP iBASSO marketed.

I kind of agree but still think a company the small size of ibasso probably can’t justify the risk of just freely producing amp modules on the basis that they might sell. This is a very small niche market, I know of nobody in my own real little world that still owns a DAP or intends to buy one.
I think ibasso could possibly produce a few extra but not to the extent they hold stock that might never sell, holding stock may well be a way of holding capital but it can also be a very expensive liability if unsold.

May 7, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #13,345 of 22,021
On the model page of Audio-GD french distributor.
So as the story goes I've contacted audio-gd and they told me the issue might be result of insufficient voltage (as frequency increases 96->192, voltage goes down 0.5->0.45) on coaxial output of my DX200. I checked Cayin N6 coaxial source on the same 24/192 tracks with my Master 11 and then did not find any issues. So it may be either defective DX200 specimen or global incompatibility which I really hope is not the case.
I'm going to check my DX200 against another Master 11 and another DX200 against my Master 11.
My local dealer told me he already contacted @Paul - iBasso and waiting for a response in the meantime.

May 7, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #13,346 of 22,021
I kind of agree but still think a company the small size of ibasso probably can’t justify the risk of just freely producing amp modules on the basis that they might sell. This is a very small niche market, I know of nobody in my own real little world that still owns a DAP or intends to buy one.
I think ibasso could possibly produce a few extra but not to the extent they hold stock that might never sell, holding stock may well be a way of holding capital but it can also be a very expensive liability if unsold.
or just take cash advances from customers in a 2 or 3 months window and build based on that..

May 7, 2018 at 12:20 PM Post #13,347 of 22,021
or just take cash advances from customers in a 2 or 3 months window and build based on that..
That would be their best option I believe, a nice middle ground where nobody loses out. I’m assuming there must be a reason they don’t do this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back