DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 6, 2018 at 2:11 PM Post #13,321 of 22,021
There's a lot of people who want AMP4/AMP4S. Why don't they make enough to satisfy the demand?

I e-mailed them about it and they did not respond.

For me it's very frustrating that they either can't or won't solve the availability problem, won't communicate with customers about it, and makes me not want to deal with iBasso at all in the future.
iBasso is now the Supreme of hifi. Everything is a limited drop

May 6, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #13,322 of 22,021
There's a lot of people who want AMP4/AMP4S. Why don't they make enough to satisfy the demand?

I e-mailed them about it and they did not respond.

For me it's very frustrating that they either can't or won't solve the availability problem, won't communicate with customers about it, and makes me not want to deal with iBasso at all in the future.
Early bird catches the worm.

May 6, 2018 at 4:07 PM Post #13,324 of 22,021
I don't blame Ibasso, this is still a niche market, DAP's are not that big sellers in the grand scheme of things. It's a good tactic by Ibasso, make small batches that sell as oppose to over produce and be left with costly excess stock.

May 6, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #13,325 of 22,021
I don't blame Ibasso, this is still a niche market, DAP's are not that big sellers in the grand scheme of things. It's a good tactic by Ibasso, make small batches that sell as oppose to over produce and be left with costly excess stock.

But then what is the purpose of buying a DAP with interchangeable amps if you can not buy any amps for it? :)

May 6, 2018 at 4:25 PM Post #13,326 of 22,021
But then what is the purpose of buying a DAP with interchangeable amps if you can not buy any amps for it? :)

You can if your quick:grinning:

May 6, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #13,327 of 22,021
May 6, 2018 at 5:02 PM Post #13,328 of 22,021
... make small batches that sell as oppose to over produce and be left with costly excess stock.

But...but...they could give the excess stock to the needy audiophiles like the 98% of us here. Write it off as a charitable donation. Win-win. :wink:

May 6, 2018 at 5:20 PM Post #13,329 of 22,021
once lurker firmware is installed, to update it we must flash through windows or we can update directly from the dx200?

May 6, 2018 at 6:36 PM Post #13,331 of 22,021
I haven't given this thread an update in a while...

After much testing and use, the DX200 has not bugged out once in Mango Mode. It's remarkably stable.

In Android Mode? Well, that's another story. But for my needs, I never have to leave Mango, so I'm very happy. :D

May 6, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #13,332 of 22,021
not everyone has £160 to drop on every new amp that's going to be in limited supply

True but Ibasso can't be expected to make more units to suit everyone's different finical circumstances. Lets say they made 750 but only sold 345 to us heads-fi folks and a few others besides, that leaves them a lot of dead stock that might be difficult to sell. We're not talking a company that's the size of Apple/Sony etc etc who can afford to take such losses.
The other option would be a kickstarter type purchase but that brings it own issues as well.

May 6, 2018 at 9:16 PM Post #13,335 of 22,021
It is insensitive to heavily market it here without telling about limited stock in advance (not talking about 250 4S orders). When audio gear tries to become Supreme, no one will be satisfied. This is not wear-tear item. These gears accompany great setups for years to come. That’s why there is always lead time in audio market to things when they will be available again and reasonable understanding of the length of availability. Changing your marketing practice overnight is not well welcomed. Selling them in mere availability and calling them suddenly discontinued after a month’s time is insensitive and disrespectful to customers who paid top dollars for their flagship product. If this is still their flagship, their service should match of one. If other conditions required them to discontinue, be professional and upfront about it. I wonder how many prople like me bought this unit just reading the thread here. AFAIK, company has a rep here. Communication is the missing link. Many people are frustrated if you read through last pages.

I wanted the holographic detailing of 4S then settled with 4 which are neither available now. You should be capable of maintaining access to features made available for those who bought the base unit. 3 is available. 2 is unspoken of so I understand its discontinuation. 4 provides something new in detail and special on its own. 5 has nothing to do with others and also available.

So only worthy amp out of all went MIA with little explanation. Sorry for ranting folks but I am bitter. I wish I had the time to follow the forums all the time. I rarely have time for sleep. I want to maintain this hobby in my busy life. I don’t want to compete/lab experimented to buy flagship products and their accessories. I will pay more but give me what you advertise right away. Be ready to have enough stock unless it is advertised limited edition like 4S.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back