DX200=Affordable High End Audio. Dual ES9028Pro dacs. AMP1, AMP3, AMP5, AMP7 & AMP8 ***Firmware support now up for AMP9***
May 4, 2018 at 6:41 PM Post #13,293 of 22,021
on the ibasso website was sold out in less than 24 hours...

Oh, seems like people realise how good iBasso products sound XD

Grabbed my 4S just 10 minutes before it was sold out! LOL!

You're in for some good stuff!

I barely managed to plug mine in as I got HD660S from Sennheiser and it comes with a 4.4mm plug. Really good stuff so far. Need more listening to be able to describe AMP4S properly :)

May 4, 2018 at 6:47 PM Post #13,295 of 22,021
Yeah, I know how good it is :D it is the best amp module to my taste and preferences by far. It synergizes well with Hd800S also

HD800S is one of the headphones I absolutely trust this makes a heaven with :)

I will take a listen at the pairing at AVstore if I have the chance in the near future!

May 5, 2018 at 12:07 AM Post #13,297 of 22,021
I still prefer Amp5. It's not Muddled with my setup.

Assuming iBasso doesn't come out with another one in the meantime, I think AMP5 is next on my list.

May 5, 2018 at 5:51 AM Post #13,298 of 22,021
I still prefer Amp5. It's not Muddled with my setup.

For best general usage, I think I recommend AMP5 as well, it just is a more general AMP module, and I think it makes more sense for most people, since not everyone has balanced, and really not everyone has 4.4mm in the first place

May 5, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #13,299 of 22,021
Any Zeppelin & Co guys here? Giving a little shout out!

03F35770-52C6-4042-9ADA-FF96EA7D2BAF.jpeg

Went down to Zeppelin & Co (Singapore) to collect my AMP4s today and plenty of surprises! First I was impressed with the store, they got all kinds of headphones, iems, after market cables, daps etc etc for you to demo every single one. People there was like having coffee drinks and cakes while demo all kind of DAPs. Just ask what dap you want AK380 Opus#2 LPG etc etc they will pass it to you. I really like the concept and in future I need to demo anything I’m surely will go back there again. Also, whoever come Singapore in future maybe you want to drop by there too. Secondly, they gave me a Pelican Case as a gift when I collect my AMP4s Wow I didn’t expect that!.

May 5, 2018 at 9:07 AM Post #13,300 of 22,021
Yes, definitely having drinks such as coffee and teas with light deserts like cakes and bakery together with the ability to enjoy your favorite music is the best way to do it. I even see people combining it with book reading and so on, or working on their projects.

Science already proven that coffee and music while working have boosted the results, performances, and speed of the project being done.

I enjoy music with coffee majority of the time, sometime just crash back and relax. But I do need light deserts such as fancy cakes and bakery LoL!

May 5, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #13,301 of 22,021
Any Zeppelin & Co guys here? Giving a little shout out!

Went down to Zeppelin & Co (Singapore) to collect my AMP4s today and plenty of surprises! First I was impressed with the store, they got all kinds of headphones, iems, after market cables, daps etc etc for you to demo every single one. People there was like having coffee drinks and cakes while demo all kind of DAPs. Just ask what dap you want AK380 Opus#2 LPG etc etc they will pass it to you. I really like the concept and in future I need to demo anything I’m surely will go back there again. Also, whoever come Singapore in future maybe you want to drop by there too. Secondly, they gave me a Pelican Case as a gift when I collect my AMP4s Wow I didn’t expect that!.

Hey Alson, thanks for the shout-out and glad you liked the surprise gift! Looking forward to seeing you again- Drop by anytime to chat with us about your portable audio set ups, and we'll be happy to talk you through the options. Enjoy the weekend !

May 5, 2018 at 11:34 AM Post #13,302 of 22,021
Yes, definitely having drinks such as coffee and teas with light deserts like cakes and bakery together with the ability to enjoy your favorite music is the best way to do it. I even see people combining it with book reading and so on, or working on their projects.

Science already proven that coffee and music while working have boosted the results, performances, and speed of the project being done.

I enjoy music with coffee majority of the time, sometime just crash back and relax. But I do need light deserts such as fancy cakes and bakery LoL!

I’m not a cake person lol. But everyday I like to find a moment where I can have my iced coffee, smoke a stick of cigarette together with music in my ears alone. It’s mine ultimate relax time.

Hey Alson, thanks for the shout-out and glad you liked the surprise gift! Looking forward to seeing you again- Drop by anytime to chat with us about your portable audio set ups, and we'll be happy to talk you through the options. Enjoy the weekend !

You’re welcome! I will definitely come back again if I ever need anything. Even my gf (which is not a music lover) said the place is very nice and told me next time can go back for other demos. Weird thing she never once tell me that before when I go other place. MUST BE THE CAKE! Hahahaha

May 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #13,303 of 22,021
Hi guys. I'd be really glad if someone could assist me with a strange issue with DX200.
I've recently bought myself an audio-gd master 11 as an addition to my desktop collection and now I do have some issue when trying using DX200 (running latest stock FW) as transport via coaxial out.
If I play 24/96 the sound is great and amazing, but when I try to listen to 24/192 there's a lot of hisses and silent screeches in the background of all tracks that are 24/192.
When I try my DX200 on another desktop unit (gustard a20h) there are no issues on 24/96 and 24/192.
When I try to play through USB from MacBook there are no issues on 24/96 and 24/192.
Changing coaxial cables puts no difference on the presence of the issue.
My local dealer told me that he heard of this issue before but he has no idea how to fix it.
@Paul - iBasso are you aware of an issue like this? Or maybe switch to FW from mr. @Lurker0 would resolve it?
I'll check another player on Monday, there's still a chance it's the audio-gd master 11 coax input to be an issue.
Thanks!
DX200 seems to have nothing to do with that.
Here are characteristics I found for master 11:
USB & I2S (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz) / BNC (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz) / Coaxial (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz) / Optical (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz,192kHz)​

May 5, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #13,304 of 22,021
DX200 seems to have nothing to do with that.
Here are characteristics I found for master 11:
USB & I2S (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, 192kHz) / BNC (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz) / Coaxial (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz) / Optical (44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz,192kHz)​
Where did you find that? On the official (I believe) page http://www.audio-gd.com/Master/Master-11/M11EN.htm they say:
The SPDIF inputs have applied special interfaces for processing data, allowing the highest sound quality for the different SPDIF inputs.
IN1: Optical input, up to 24bit / 96KHz support .
IN2: coaxial input, up to 24bit / 192KHz support .
IN3, Coaxial input, up to 24bit / 192KHz support .
IN4, BNC input , up to 24bit / 96KHz support .
IN5 , I2S input, up to 32bit / 384KHz support .
IN6 , USB input, ,up to 32bit / 384KHz support .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back